BlackBerry Forums Support Community

BlackBerry Forums Support Community (http://www.blackberryforums.com/index.php)
-   General Legacy Device Discussion (http://www.blackberryforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=137)
-   -   "insert sim card" error msg (http://www.blackberryforums.com/showthread.php?t=92083)

bellaxbeth 08-24-2007 06:27 PM

"insert sim card" error msg

So i have two phones; a blackberry 8700c and a motorola razr
i took out my sim card out of my blackberry last night, to use in my razr, then this morning i transfered it back in. after i re-inserted the card into my blackberry, i got the error msg that i need to insert sim card, as the phone wasnt detecting my card

now it wont work in either my razr nor my blackberry, and all my service provider (rogers) can tell me is that the card is fried and i need a new one

is there any way for me to fix this without having to buy a new sim card?

aiharkness 08-24-2007 06:32 PM

Wirelessly posted (8700g: BlackBerry8700/4.2.1 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/100)

For what it's worth, try wiping contacts good with lint free cloth (like lens cleaner cloth). No guarantee, but worked for me one time.

bellaxbeth 08-24-2007 08:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aiharkness (Post 644362)
Wirelessly posted (8700g: BlackBerry8700/4.2.1 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/100)

For what it's worth, try wiping contacts good with lint free cloth (like lens cleaner cloth). No guarantee, but worked for me one time.

i did try that, and the sim card now works in my razr, but it still wont work in my blackberry, it keeps saying insert sim card

Berry One 08-25-2007 07:09 AM

You may have put it wrong way. Happened with me when I was buying my friend 8700- I think I put it face up instead of face down or something like this.

MicroT86 08-25-2007 07:33 AM

When my sister got her Pearl, she was getting the same error. The only way around it was doing a hard reset everytime she turned on her phone. It ended up being that her SIM was too old/outdated (5 years) for the Pearl, so she ended up getting a new SIM. Maybe the same thing is happening to you.

ezrunner 08-25-2007 07:38 AM

Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry8700/4.2.1 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/100)

Probably gonna have to replace the SIM ultimately. Will rogers actually charge to replace the SIM. ATT replaces for free unless it is deemed abusive of the replacement policy (ie; replacing sim to many time we had a guy come in and replace his sim 15 times one month, he pays for sims now turns out he was trying to use the sim in an electronics project)

aiharkness 08-25-2007 07:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bellaxbeth (Post 644443)
i did try that, and the sim card now works in my razr, but it still wont work in my blackberry, it keeps saying insert sim card

If you are inserting it in the correct orientation, try removing and then when replacing, make sure you put sim completely into place. On mine, I could slide the sim back and then push in again. Make sure your sim is fully in place and not slid back. (if that makes sense)