BlackBerry Forums Support Community

BlackBerry Forums Support Community (http://www.blackberryforums.com/index.php)
-   BlackBerry Help (http://www.blackberryforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=156)
-   -   Android apps use internet (http://www.blackberryforums.com/showthread.php?t=266494)

jrodbloyd 11-15-2014 12:49 PM

Android apps use internet

Help! I need side loaded android apps to have access to the internet! They work on wifi but can't use data!
Posted via BlackBerryForums.com Mobile

tsac 11-15-2014 01:37 PM

Re: Android apps use internet

Any App will work on both the only issue you may have is you do not/may not have a Blackberry Data plan and most carriers including Verizon require a specific blackberry plan not a generic data plan. I have a few Android apps and they all work on both.

jrodbloyd 11-16-2014 01:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tsac (Post 1813669)
Any App will work on both the only issue you may have is you do not/may not have a Blackberry Data plan and most carriers including Verizon require a specific blackberry plan not a generic data plan. I have a few Android apps and they all work on both.

Thanks but I have a grandfathered in plan from altel with unlimited internet, and changing plans will cause me to loose it. Is there any way to give them internet access without changing plans?

stevetaz 11-16-2014 05:05 PM

OP's profile indicates a Z10. I don't think a Z10 on BB10 requires the specific BB Data plan older models did.

A plain vanilla data plan should suffice, no?

tsac 11-16-2014 07:42 PM

Not sure about Verizon but I have AT&T and they require a BB data plan for ALL blackberry's. It would be nice if I did not have to have one. adds a big chunk to the bill. If you have an unlimited plan it's the same with AT&T. you will loose it and end up with a limited plan. you might try calling them to see if they are blocking the service and if it can be corrected without changing plans.

Would be nice if they did.

jrodbloyd 11-17-2014 04:27 PM

Thanks for your help. I will have to try calling them

alicepattinson 11-17-2014 04:55 PM

Try using Psiphon. Data server hack app.

tsac 11-19-2014 10:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alicepattinson (Post 1813696)
Try using Psiphon. Data server hack app.

Psiphon was developed as advanced censorship circumvention system.
I doubt it will allow a user to gain access to the internet on the cell system if they are totally blocked. The App allows a workaround to censorship not access.

Lucia0 11-23-2014 08:44 PM

It seems that all of the App will be able to connect Wifi and data, but there are some, when you switch data will remind.

tsac 11-23-2014 08:53 PM

Yes some will but the OP's problem seems to be related to the type of data plan on the phone.

fourstringfuror 11-24-2014 02:50 PM

Verizon does not require a separate plan for BlackBerry 10 devices. Whether they're blocking certain apps, though, I don't know.