BlackBerry Forums Support Community

BlackBerry Forums Support Community (http://www.blackberryforums.com/index.php)
-   General Q10 Series Discussion - BlackBerry 10 (http://www.blackberryforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=160)
-   -   Music File issues (http://www.blackberryforums.com/showthread.php?t=265796)

Nanoman 02-02-2014 05:07 AM

Music File issues

I have a new Q10 and, especially with the new OS update, absolutely love it. I want to try out the music player but am having a bit of a nightmare. I want to use FLAC files and don't want to use iTunes (I am on a mac) so Blackberry Link is a no go (it also looks rubbish). I am instead using File Manager and this seems to work real well. I have dropped a series of m4a and flac files into the Music Folder of my Media Card. In file manager i can see all these files present. The music app just doesn't see them unless they are in the Music Folder of the Device. Is there any way of changing the location where the native music app looks for files? Surely users would fill up the device memory very quickly if media files all need to be on the device memory??

Nanoman 02-02-2014 05:09 AM

Re: Music File issues

I should say i have EXACTLY the same issue with the native Pictures app. It doesn't see any of the photos i have taken which sit on the media card

rambo47 02-02-2014 01:35 PM

Are the file types supported by the Q10?

Supported audio and video file extensions, formats, and codecs - How To - BlackBerry Q10 Smartphone - 10.1

If not, it's up to you to find a program that lets you convert them all to a supported format.

For photos on the media card you must make sure your Q10 is looking at the media card and not at internal storage. By default it looks at internal memory. You need to navigate to the SD Card to see the pics on it.

Nanoman 02-02-2014 02:41 PM

Hi - thanks for the reply. No, i had checked all the obvious already. The files all play from File Manager absolutely fine. I "think" looking at other forums that the native music player does not (and cannot?!!) access the media card. You say "navigate to it" - how? From within the native music or picture player? That doesn't seem possible nor can i find anything in settings that looks linked to this

ZombieBerry 02-03-2014 08:50 AM

Media player can play almost any type of media found either on your device or your micro SD Card. There are no settings, it's done automatically.

Open Music>Library. All of the music you have on both (card and phone) will be scanned and added after the first use. You can create Playlists and browse through all music, or you can search for individual songs.

If the card cannot be read by the device, then either it's blank, or it's corrupted and needs to be formatted and music reloaded on it.

Nanoman 02-03-2014 09:28 AM

Hi - can i just check what you mean by "Media Player"? The default preinstalled player on my Q10 is called "Music" and it definitely does NOT see playable files on the micro SD card. These files are seen by File manager or Neutron.

ZombieBerry 02-03-2014 01:27 PM

Selecting a file in Music will open the Native player.

Nanoman 02-04-2014 02:24 AM

Gentlemen, i am not sure if i am being unclear but we seem to be going round in circles. My question was only ever about the media card and files on it.

knottyrope 02-04-2014 03:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nanoman (Post 1810802)
I have a new Q10 and, especially with the new OS update, absolutely love it. I want to try out the music player but am having a bit of a nightmare. I want to use FLAC files and don't want to use iTunes (I am on a mac) so Blackberry Link is a no go (it also looks rubbish). I am instead using File Manager and this seems to work real well. I have dropped a series of m4a and flac files into the Music Folder of my Media Card. In file manager i can see all these files present. The music app just doesn't see them unless they are in the Music Folder of the Device. Is there any way of changing the location where the native music app looks for files? Surely users would fill up the device memory very quickly if media files all need to be on the device memory??

Did you format the SD card in device?
Did you allow the device to search all the files, it can take a lil while but not hours