BlackBerry Forums Support Community

BlackBerry Forums Support Community (http://www.blackberryforums.com/index.php)
-   General BlackBerry Discussion (http://www.blackberryforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Need help with email forwarding... (http://www.blackberryforums.com/showthread.php?t=130564)

jnev 05-19-2008 04:04 AM

Need help with email forwarding...

hey guys, I just got a 8330 (verizon) yesterday as my first blackberry. I've mainly figured out how to use everything, but I've got a few questions about the email forwarding. is there a way to disable email forwarding during specific hours of the day? like during the night when I'm sleeping I'd prefer my phone not to be constantly ringing or buzzing. I leave it on in case of an emergency and someone actually does need something and I get a call from them. and on a somewhat related note to that, is there a way I can disable forwarding of email when I'm at my computer? it's really annoying when I'm checking my email and my phone starts buzzing because I've just received the same email on both my phone and my computer.

thanks guys, I love this phone so far, I came from a Moto Q and there's absolutely no comparison!

akosnitzky 05-19-2008 04:40 AM

Wirelessly posted (Verizon 8830)

You can't temporarily stop the email unless your device is off and that mail will pop up as soon as the device is turned on.
As a compromise, to stop the buzzing, change your profile. Go to home screen and click "F" if you have a QWERTY keyboard and choose Advanced change your settings for another profile such as "Quiet".

wawasteele 05-19-2008 12:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by akosnitzky (Post 935019)
Wirelessly posted (Verizon 8830)

As a compromise, to stop the buzzing, change your profile. Go to home screen and click "F" if you have a QWERTY keyboard and choose Advanced change your settings for another profile such as "Quiet".

On my 8100, I can just click on the 'speaker' and choose the settings for the ringer/buzzer from there. And consider using 'Phone Only'. That way the phone will still ring like you want in case of emergency, but the other noises and vibrates will stop. It's the setting I use every night. The emails still arrive, but I don't know it until I look at the BB.

Wanda

takeshi 05-19-2008 01:17 PM

There are definitely a lot of existing threads that cover the options.

jnev 05-19-2008 11:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wawasteele (Post 935574)
On my 8100, I can just click on the 'speaker' and choose the settings for the ringer/buzzer from there. And consider using 'Phone Only'. That way the phone will still ring like you want in case of emergency, but the other noises and vibrates will stop. It's the setting I use every night. The emails still arrive, but I don't know it until I look at the BB.

Wanda

perfect that's exactly what I was looking for, thanks!

wawasteele 05-20-2008 12:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jnev (Post 936497)
perfect that's exactly what I was looking for, thanks!

Glad I was able to help. :smile:

Wanda