BlackBerry Forums Support Community

BlackBerry Forums Support Community (http://www.blackberryforums.com/index.php)
-   BlackBerry On Non-RIM Hardware (http://www.blackberryforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   need apn setting for use in india (http://www.blackberryforums.com/showthread.php?t=2737)

WorldIRC 12-03-2004 08:19 PM

WorldIRC 12-03-2004 11:11 PM

dpeters11 12-04-2004 02:20 AM

WorldIRC 12-04-2004 12:35 PM

dhavman 01-28-2005 04:51 AM

need apn setting for use in india

I have acquired a Orange india sim card, also activate the GPRS but I am unable to connect. The orange people a not able to help. CAN any one help me out here. I would greatly appreciate it

sting0r 01-28-2005 06:17 PM

http://www.reqwireless.com/apns.html

Google is your friend.

HashGordon 09-29-2005 08:31 AM

you should have gotten an airtel card in india. orange is a bunch of self happy people in india. on gprs account they only let you access WAP. to get internet you have to get a different pack called WWW access. thats also more expensive. airtel india offers GPRS for Rs 5 a day (i think roughly US$ 0.10), unlimited access. plus they will give you all teh apn details etc easily. problem is they have a Blackberry Service as well, and they wont be too happy if you are using a BB outise of their service, which I think is foolishly priced too expensive at Rs 1099 a month (or thereabouts, by indian standards, too expensive). i am still looking for a goods cheap fast realiable mobile internet solution in india and am considering reliance cdma, although their handsets suck

ChrisBurns 10-03-2005 10:41 PM

Getting my 7100T to use blackberry services on Airtel

I just got my 7100t activated here by Airtel. The phone service works great, but the Blackberry services are still not activated and are on "provision." Anyways, the shop activated my Blackberry for normal services, as if they had sold one of their own devices to me, for 500 INR a month.
As I have been told by Airtel support and from what I have read on the forum, it probably will still not work when put into service.

However, as HashGordon has noted, it may appear that I may have the option to shell out 1099 a month to get this non-Airtel purchased device working. So, my question for clarification is, will my 7100t work if I opt to take the 1099/month option? What is this option called (I need specifics so I can tell the store)? I had enough trouble just trying to get the people at the airtel store here in Khar to activate the phone number on the damn thing...

kalyanakrishna 10-24-2005 02:23 PM

Does anyone know the APN to be provided for TCP on Airtel lackBerry service. The CC people are saying they dont know anything as the backend doesnt tell them. I think they haev been specifically told to not disclose this info. Anyone know anything?

jibi 10-24-2005 03:27 PM

airtelgprs.com

kalyanakrishna 10-25-2005 09:12 AM

Thats the regular GPRS. I am being told by the CC that this APN wont work for BB devices and also tried personally to use this APN (options->TCP->APN) without success. Doesnt make any sense to me. Looks like Airtel is blocking everything except browser. :(

ujjvals 12-21-2005 04:10 PM

I am facing similar problem, does anyone know whether ORANGE GPRS will work on a 6710 or 7230 BB? if not why so?

finch 12-21-2005 04:53 PM

Do you have a BlackBerry Data Plan?
Quote:

Originally Posted by ujjvals
Can't I use it for even sending & receiving emails? I mean if i activate GPRS and download a browser, is there any possibility of using it? If my other Palm OS based phones bought in the US can work in INDIA, why not Blackberry?
any logical reason?

Quote:

Originally Posted by ujjvals
I am facing similar problem, does anyone know whether ORANGE GPRS will work on a 6710 or 7230 BB? if not why so?

HashGordon 02-18-2006 11:11 AM

Airtel India offers Blackberry Data Plans at INR 1099 per month, plus INR 21000 for the 7100, and INR 25000 for the 7250 (i think, this is perhaps the model). If you purchase a BB from Airtel Official Showrooms (these are teh large company owned shops), you will get FULL BB SUPPORT. However, personally I think the costs are way too high, especially for tha handset.. (USD1 = 45INR). The 1099 monthly includes only data access and NOT voice.

You also have the option of getting BB Connect on certain other handsets including the Nokia 9300.

APN Settings for Airtel Normal, do not know if it will work with BB :

Access Point Name: airtelgprs.com
Connection Name : Mobile Office
Data Bearer : GPRS
User Name : Your mobile number preceded by 91
Prompt Passord : No
Authentication : Normal
Gateway IP Address : 202.56.231.117
Connection Security : Off

(courtesy www.macandmobile.com, look under 'Carriers')

Orange settings are there as well.

Orange has a WAP service and a full internet service. you must get the full Internet Service to be of any use.

Orange offers Treo 650 with, if I am not mistaken, Snappermail Support, again, pricing the handset at INR 30,000 (obnoxious)

Persoanly due to the high cost of BB acess, If internet and POP3/IMAP Pull Email can be sufficient I suggest getting a low end handset, or even a Treo and configure it to run on Airtel's EDGE Networks. Airtel charges INR 500 a month for unlimited access. Orange/Hutch charge INR 600 a month for some 1GB or so and INR 0.50 per 10kb thereafter 9or something equally ridiculous, the Hutch Dog must have cost them a lot of money :-)

Friend accesses Airtel Data on SE W800i for INR 5.00 a day, unlimited acccess (GPRS, not EDGE) but sufficient for routine small email.

Most Indian Carriers, if not all, will NOT offer support apart from what their small peripheries see. Airtel's OTA WAP/GPRS setting message supports only Nokia. If you have SE, you will have to manually configure. Thats the support you will get.

Any queries on India, you can ask here.

satheeshka 03-13-2007 03:02 PM

airtel apn settings in Blackberry

Hi, I am a blackberry user from India. I have recently bought BlackBerry pearl 8100 through airtel. All the proprietary blackberry applications work fine. But I am having a problem in running a thirdparty application (JiveTalk). To make these third party applications, I need the apn settings for airtel service. The airtel customer service is not cooperative and are not willing to give this info. BTW, airtelgprs.com does not seem to work.

Any help is highly appreciated

asheish 03-27-2007 12:53 PM

APN for airtel is blackberry.net

koteswar 05-10-2007 11:16 AM

AirtelGPRS

Quote:

Originally Posted by asheish (Post 492691)
APN for airtel is blackberry.net

I have been using 7100G model since 2006 and Airtel keep saying that they don’t support GPRS on BB connecting to laptop. I even tried lot of APNs I found in the net including blackberry.net, airtelgprs.com and airtellive.com, airtelfun.com
I only get connected when I use blackberry.net but nothing happens. I see IP address assigned but no DNS. I tried using the IP mentioned in CHIP-INDIA :: View topic - FREE GPRS USING AIRTEL but nothing happens

Airtel CC says that AirtelLive is not supported using Blackberry and it is for other than BB :-P , Funny.

Please let me know the setting if it works for anyone.

satheeshka 05-10-2007 11:22 AM

I have got the airtelgprs.com apn setting working but only if you disable your BB bis service and that kills the whole purpose of your BB

vb7ue 05-23-2007 05:24 AM

APN for airtel

If someone does figure out how to get past the open tunnel failure, on airtel, please let me know on my pin number 23FD5C3E

Klotar 06-07-2007 10:49 AM

I used blackberry.net for my APN (no user/pw). Granted I was roaming, but it worked.

Edit/Add: clarifying -- I used blackberry.net on Airtel's network.