BlackBerry Forums Support Community

BlackBerry Forums Support Community (http://www.blackberryforums.com/index.php)
-   Rumor Mill (http://www.blackberryforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Attention all TMOBILE people: re. 8800 release! (http://www.blackberryforums.com/showthread.php?t=67930)

ruechel 03-05-2007 03:24 PM

Attention all TMOBILE people: re. 8800 release!

I have just heard from a person intimately involved in the 8800 print campaign which is currently being photographed in New York by celebrity photographer Kwaku Alston (today and the rest of the week) that the official TMOBILE release is confirmed for next week. This is coming from the account/creative department of the advertising agency who is rolling out the campaign. I know it sounds like a rumor but it isn't. If I should be wrong, please send copious amounts of hatemail.:razz: (y)

JSanders 03-05-2007 03:26 PM

Sounds great, although I would think TMO would start promoting the event more than one week out of release. Thanks for the heads up.

ruechel 03-05-2007 03:31 PM

well, did cingular really pre-promote? i didn't see it and don't think so. let's hope for the best. held a cingular 8800 today - it's really quite nice alhough the form takes some getting used to.

*&)) 03-05-2007 03:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ruechel
well, did cingular really pre-promote? i didn't see it and don't think so. let's hope for the best. held a cingular 8800 today - it's really quite nice alhough the form takes some getting used to.

cingular didn't pre-promote but the word was out there more so then i see for a tmobile lunch

ruechel 03-05-2007 04:08 PM

let's wait and see: i just talked to one of the PDA people atr TMO: they "can't confirm or deny' i quote verbatim the rep had a smiling vibe audible in his voice.

point is: watch for the chatter to heat up this week. (i can almost guarantee it.)

:oops:

rambo47 03-05-2007 05:39 PM

I have my sights on the 8300 so the TMO release for me is "meh."

Jack Straw 03-05-2007 06:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rambo47
I have my sights on the 8300 so the TMO release for me is "meh."

Points!

xxaarraa 03-05-2007 06:27 PM

Does TMO version have camera?

NJBlackBerry 03-05-2007 06:27 PM

Quote:

I have just heard from a person intimately involved in the 8800 print campaign which is currently being photographed in New York by celebrity photographer Kwaku Alston (today and the rest of the week) that the official TMOBILE release is confirmed for next week. This is coming from the account/creative department of the advertising agency who is rolling out the campaign. I know it sounds like a rumor but it isn't. If I should be wrong, please send copious amounts of hatemail.:razz: (y)

Can I have your e-mail address please ;-)

It ain't coming out next week.

lonnielove 03-05-2007 06:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NJBlackBerry
Can I have your e-mail address please ;-)

It ain't coming out next week.

Damn! NJ you had to burst my bubble!

ruechel 03-05-2007 06:33 PM

it might come out as early as THIS week. you watch.

NJBlackBerry 03-05-2007 06:38 PM

Um, OK. If it does, it will be quite the surprise to many T-Mobile engineering managers, who were in Washington last week at T-Mobile HQ. Quite the surprise.

I am still waiting for the e-mail address.

kasperapd 03-05-2007 06:39 PM

Quote:

it might come out as early as THIS week. you watch.

I'm watching....... Just not holding my breath.

ruechel 03-05-2007 06:52 PM

furthermore, i am told that two additional models will be dropped this year, one in a couple of months and one at the end of the year which supposedly blows the socks off everything. my insider did see a device that looked very similar to the 8300 Daytona model which has been discussed. the advertising reps have declined to provide names for the prototypes that were being used on the shoot.

tprime 03-05-2007 06:53 PM

Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry7100/4.1.0 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/100)

Oh well

ruechel 03-05-2007 06:54 PM

i just pm'd you with the email address. and you answered did u not?

NJBlackBerry 03-05-2007 07:16 PM

Calm down; I responded to the thread before I read my PMs.
Good luck.

thes3cond 03-05-2007 07:38 PM

I finally decided to buy a pearl about 3 weeks ago for TMO. When talking with the guy here in LA, he was adamant that TMO was skipping the 8800 because of the next generation that was going to be released with new user interface, camera etc. this coming summer. His source was that he was just out to dinner with TMO execs earlier that week. All complete hearsay, but something to think about.

ruechel 03-05-2007 08:20 PM

IMHO there is NO way that a company like TMO would let a direct competitor in the GSM market get away with having a superior device for too long. this business is very device-driven apart from their perceived quality differences in network coverage (complete and utter BS in my opinion: TMO and CINGULAR are just as good/bad overall - it doesn't make sense to me to pay the premium to be with Cingular for more or less the same service but i DIGRESS, sorry, moderators).

i may eat my words bigtime but it makes perfect sense for TMO to launch now. i think the lapse b/w the drop of the 8700c and TMO's 8700g was somewhat similar; maybe it was a tad longer but it would be a smart move on their part.

finch 03-05-2007 09:00 PM

You probably will, fact Cingular (now "the new ATT") and TMo are one and two on the US carrier food chain, in return for alliances some manufactures have with the carriers there's and exclusivity trade off on new device releases as a play fair if you will. Take for eg. TMo had a 7100 exclusive in return Cingular got the 8700, TMo followed with the 8100 and the 8800 went to Cingular. You still have a bit of a wait for the TMo release of 8800.
Quote:

i may eat my words bigtime but it makes perfect sense for TMO to launch now.