BlackBerry Forums Support Community

BlackBerry Forums Support Community (http://www.blackberryforums.com/index.php)
-   BES Admin Corner (http://www.blackberryforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   New e_mails Not Showing (http://www.blackberryforums.com/showthread.php?t=58501)

bkmrk7 12-19-2006 02:58 PM

New e_mails Not Showing

I have a new 8700 user set-up yesterday. Everything was working fine. Today none of his e-mails show on the BB. The BES shows "message delivered" and we can send from the device. I think the user was playing around with the device and changed a setting that is hiding all e-mails that come in; I am sure they are being delivered - from the BES messages and nothing is showing as pending. What setting could have changed, I am drawing a blank? I went through all the ones I could think of with him and they are the same as what I have set on my BB.
Tried pulling the battery, folder re-direction is set properly, all options are set properly, the bes shows message deliverd. ????

Anyone ever seen this, or know what setting could have been changed?

domino 6.5.3 srv, BES 4.0 SP5

Logvin 12-19-2006 03:06 PM

1. Reboot
2. Make sure that he doesnt have any filters
3. Make sure the "Forward e-mail if no filters apply" is set to YES.
4. Make sure that the device is activated (try sending an email)
5. Make sure that you are looking at the inbox

Try em out, let me know...

bkmrk7 12-19-2006 03:28 PM

Logvin,

1) pulled the battery for 10 minutes
2) no filters
3) already set to yes
4) have sent e-mails with it. it was sending receiving yesterday, but stopped after a couple of hours.
5) not sure how you change this? I know that you can "view" certain folders, but that goes away after escaping out back to the main messages screen.

Logvin 12-19-2006 04:44 PM

Something could be funny with the encyption key. Try regenerating it by going to the Security Options, General Options, scroll down to your Desktop Service (last thing on list) and click the wheel and hit "Regenerate Encryption Key".

If that doesnt help, go to Service books, delete the "Desktop [Sync]" service book, then click the wheel in and hit "Un-delete". this will force a re-enterprise activation.

Then if that fails... do a security wipe and re-activate.

bkmrk7 12-19-2006 05:21 PM

Will give those ideas a try. tks.
Wiping and re-activating is what I was planning for tomorrow morning if I can't get this figured out by then.

qc_metal 12-19-2006 07:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bkmrk7
Will give those ideas a try. tks.
Wiping and re-activating is what I was planning for tomorrow morning if I can't get this figured out by then.

Make sure the date and time is set correctly on the device. I've seen weird things happen if the email is newer than the date (or significantly older) on the device. This has happened a number of times for me.

Rob

Zharin 12-19-2006 07:29 PM

One Word: Casablanca.

Check the timezone.

IF thats not it, check the MAGT logs for a corrupt stateDB

Logvin 12-19-2006 10:31 PM

Oh Casablanca how i hate thee...

let us know if anything worked.

John Clark 12-20-2006 12:02 AM

No kidding!! Who came up with that for the default time zone???

bkmrk7 12-21-2006 10:22 AM

Update - Knew about the timzone issue, and did have the users change it originally, and verified again yesterday. Anyways, cut our loses, wiped it, re-activated and all is good. (still think the user did something funky with it)
tks. for the responses.