BlackBerry Forums Support Community

BlackBerry Forums Support Community (http://www.blackberryforums.com/index.php)
-   General 9000 Series Discussion - Bold (http://www.blackberryforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=106)
-   -   Bold with Blinking Red Light - won't respond (http://www.blackberryforums.com/showthread.php?t=177043)

pnd4pnd 02-18-2009 10:29 PM

Bold with Blinking Red Light - won't respond

Hi all,

Was updating to .237 when it hung in the middle. I expected to have to use jl_cmder to wipre the device but that is not working. I have searched over and over and all methods have failed. jl_cmder won't connect and wipe the device either.

The red light just blinks twice over and over. Any ideas on how to re load the OS? I have flashed devices dozens of times and have used jl_cmder before so I am experience with these procedures but nothing will get the device recognized.

Any help would be appreciated.....

Eric

dwella 02-18-2009 11:15 PM

Just an idea but could you have lost connection between the puter and the bold? ie bad port on either device or cord itself?

d

pnd4pnd 02-18-2009 11:20 PM

thanks but no, i can hear the computer recognize the blackberry USB when i plug it in or unplug it....

the computer recognizes the device as a blackberry - i see it in the device manager.

dwella 02-18-2009 11:41 PM

Sorry that was the best I had as someway they are not talking to each other.

d

dwella 02-19-2009 12:25 AM

One other thought did you try a battery pull?

d

pnd4pnd 02-19-2009 12:34 AM

of course

dforsyth 02-19-2009 01:25 AM

I had this very same problem and it remained unresolved.
Tried everything but no luck. Couldn't even find out exactly what the flashing red light meant - I think mine was 4x red flashes.
Eventually, after a week of effort, had to return the handset for a replacement :x

Iabode 02-19-2009 01:44 AM

hey all

This happened to my 8800 as well the bold is more then likely already wiped cause what you said happened exactly to me. In the DM you have to manually look for the bb in there and that's how you can reload the OS. It took me an hour to figure it out but I finally did I hope it help

pnd4pnd 02-19-2009 02:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Iabode (Post 1290812)
hey all

This happened to my 8800 as well the bold is more then likely already wiped cause what you said happened exactly to me. In the DM you have to manually look for the bb in there and that's how you can reload the OS. It took me an hour to figure it out but I finally did I hope it help

been there done that. it hangs once it starts...

nick.dollimount 02-19-2009 08:58 AM

Assuming that it's some kind of error code like the beeping of a PC when it won't start. The different blinking means something specific? These things are usually hardware issues so best bet would probably be to send it in.

dwella 02-19-2009 11:05 AM

pnd4pnd you know we are just trying to help. Why not just say I have tried everything you idiots might suggest and just end it. Sometimes the most simple things we overlook particularly we have done it a bunch of times. Sorry you broke your BB we didnt and sorry for the feeble attempt at help. Good luck professor

d

nick.dollimount 02-19-2009 11:32 AM

If the computer recognizes it in the device manager, try using BlackBerry master Control Program to launch the java loader. The java loader should be able to recognize the device even if it's as "UNKNOWN". It should be capable of connecting to the ROM and reinstalling the OS. If the loader doesn't even recognize it there, I'd say it's pwned.

pnd4pnd 02-19-2009 07:09 PM

got the device replaced this morning at the warranty center....

was not trying to insult anyone, just pointing out that i have had experience doing this and wasnt a newbie who hadn't searched.

i have upgrades os's dozens of times. have to say i very reluctant to try again now. has anyone upgraded an os using windows 7? could that be a problem?

eric

MidnightDraven 02-19-2009 07:29 PM

using windows 7 is probably the reason the update wont work, because the software you use to update isn't designed for use on windows 7