BlackBerry Forums Support Community

BlackBerry Forums Support Community (http://www.blackberryforums.com/index.php)
-   BlackBerry Help (http://www.blackberryforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=156)
-   -   Blackberry White screeen! (http://www.blackberryforums.com/showthread.php?t=258467)

tiffanyy 03-18-2012 12:46 PM

Blackberry White screeen!

i have a blackberry curve 9300 and for the last couple of days its been freezing and then white screen and on comes a red LED. sometimes it will just turn off but most of time its a white screen and i have to battery pull and now its getting to the point where im battery pulling 10-20 times a day, anyone know if this is a battery problem or something actually wrong with my phone + needs repairing?

any replies are appreciated.

Dubdub 03-18-2012 01:02 PM

Re: Blackberry White screeen!

It could be any number of things.

What did you do to the device just before this happened the first time?

Have you recently loaded any apps or themes?

Did you drop the device or did you get it wet?

Have you let the battery run down below 20% more than once or twice?

Is it still under warranty? Did you buy it new or used?

tiffanyy 03-18-2012 02:01 PM

as i go to school + college; i charge it up when im sleeping every night and by then its usually low battery so yeah the battery is drained everyday:/ + itsn ot been wet i bought it new and everything i havnt dropped it and its never been a problem before:/

aiharkness 03-18-2012 02:11 PM

When you get the white screen is there a error message? Are you getting any error messages?

tiffanyy 03-18-2012 02:12 PM

- no they're no messages at all i can turn it back on fine itll work again unti it white screens i have to do it so many times a day now

aiharkness 03-18-2012 02:18 PM

I would try another battery. Borrow one if you can, first, to test. Also make sure battery is tight in the compartment and the contacts are clean and not bent or broken.

If the problem is not power, then the next step is to wipe the device and then reinstall the OS.

Dubdub 03-18-2012 02:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tiffanyy (Post 1771758)
as i go to school + college; i charge it up when im sleeping every night and by then its usually low battery so yeah the battery is drained everyday:/ + itsn ot been wet i bought it new and everything i havnt dropped it and its never been a problem before:/

You should not let a lithium battery get below 20% on a regular basis as that can damage it severely. From what you said above, my thought is that the battery needs to be replaced.

tiffanyy 03-18-2012 02:35 PM

thankyou for your help have ordered a new battery.

tiffanyy 03-20-2012 11:48 AM

- hi guys thankyou for your responses, unfortunately, i bought a new battery and it hasnt helped this situation at all, do you know anything else i could do? i have fully wiped itt too.

jsconyers 03-20-2012 12:04 PM

Have you tried upgrading your OS?

fourstringfuror 03-20-2012 04:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jsconyers (Post 1772133)
Have you tried upgrading your OS?

+1.

tiffanyy 03-21-2012 12:19 PM

i have tried but no luck; took it in today + they have sent it off saying they may fix it or sendme a brand new one:)

byng0wingzxox 09-03-2012 05:21 AM

it is nothing to do with the battery, ive tryed many ways. i took it back to tmobile which network i am on and you have to plug your blackberry into the computer and back it up, restore it all, it works but it might do it plenty of times. :smile:

Amy

dc/dc 09-03-2012 07:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by byng0wingzxox (Post 1786769)
it is nothing to do with the battery, ive tryed many ways. i took it back to tmobile which network i am on and you have to plug your blackberry into the computer and back it up, restore it all, it works but it might do it plenty of times. :smile:

Amy

No.

Also, don't post in big letters.

tsac 09-03-2012 12:16 PM

Wow
12212 vs. 1 let me think.....who should I listen to......

AmyScorpion 09-26-2012 03:12 AM

i think it is a system problem.otherwise,is the LCD diplay screen problem.

eoem dot cc
eoem.cc/buy,Furious+Gold+Blackberry+Pack+4+Activation,4110[/url] dot html
eoem.cc/buy,Blackberry+9700+screen+version+004,6087 dot html

Ispat 09-26-2012 04:59 AM

It may be caused by a hardware failure due to damage to the Liquid Crystal Display (LCD) or LCD circuitry. The display lines are non-functional and the backlight is still enabled, producing a white or black display.