BlackBerry Forums Support Community

BlackBerry Forums Support Community (http://www.blackberryforums.com/index.php)
-   BlackBerry World 2012 (http://www.blackberryforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=114)
-   -   WES 2010: April 27-29 in Orlando (http://www.blackberryforums.com/showthread.php?t=212592)

JSanders 12-02-2009 05:36 PM

WES 2010: April 27-29 in Orlando

WES 2010 Dates Announced: April 27-29 in Orlando, Florida. Registration Begins In January

https://www.rim.com/WESNotificationS...?EMC=WES201001

DarthBBerry 12-23-2009 09:58 AM

attendwes.com updated with more info... including this:

This year, make your hotel accommodations at the same time you register! Make your reservations directly in the WES 2010 hotel blocks during the online registration process, and you will receive the discounted group rate at WES designated hotels.

Please note that WES reservations cannot be made by contacting the hotel directly.

Stay tuned, more details are coming when registration opens

Seriously? C'mon... In an effort to save money, I'm using some of my Marriott Rewards Points to pay for a few nights. I sure hope there is a build in procedure to apply the Points. I've already got my reservation confirmation number for the week. Sheesh!

I can't be the only person with this concern.

DarthBBerry 01-20-2010 10:27 AM

Registration Open!
Registered and got another room pending at the Marriott. Hope I can apply the gov't rate and my Reward Points.

Boo ya!

juwaack68 01-20-2010 10:35 AM

I'm not sure I'll get to go this year, although I brought back a lot of good info last year that my management thought was valuable..... we'll see.

EDIT: Was just told no :cry:

Pinjo 01-20-2010 12:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DarthBBerry (Post 1550731)
Registration Open!
Registered and got another room pending at the Marriott. Hope I can apply the gov't rate and my Reward Points.

Boo ya!

Do they force the hotel at registration and select it "later"? I've always had to call the hotel for the Govt rate.

DarthBBerry 01-20-2010 01:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pinjo (Post 1550841)
Do they force the hotel at registration and select it "later"? I've always had to call the hotel for the Govt rate.

You get to choose "hotel now" or "hotel later" (or some sort of variation). But you don't get the conference/govt rate if you dont link them together.

I'm waiting for the confirmation from the hotel; then I'll contact them for the govt rate and to use my reward points.

Robert_K 01-27-2010 03:00 PM

We tried getting a room at the World Center Marriott and they are already booked up for WES so I guess we are staying at the Courtyard down the road again.

Also, they said they were not offerring govt' rates for the week of WES for obvious reasons.

x14 01-27-2010 04:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Robert_K (Post 1555300)
We tried getting a room at the World Center Marriott and they are already booked up for WES so I guess we are staying at the Courtyard down the road again.

Also, they said they were not offerring govt' rates for the week of WES for obvious reasons.

Did you call the Marriott directly? There's a note on the WES site that said people will not be able to call Marriott directly to make reservation.

petahs 01-28-2010 02:07 AM

After registration I was able to book a room at the World Marriott from Su-Th.

DarthBBerry 01-28-2010 10:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Robert_K (Post 1555300)

You have to continue your registraton process to get a room at one of the host hotels. You'll get a confirmation number a few days later.

x14 01-28-2010 11:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DarthBBerry (Post 1555747)
You have to continue your registraton process to get a room at one of the host hotels. You'll get a confirmation number a few days later.

That's exactly what I did and got a room at the Marriott.

I guess they don't want last year's re-occurrence where everyone called to get reservations even though they are not sure if they are going then canceling near convention time.

Robert_K 02-04-2010 01:19 PM

Went back and registered through the site no problem with the govt' rate... Wooohooo!

Bonnarooed 02-15-2010 04:05 PM

Embassy Suites Lake Buena Vista also has Gov rates, 5 minutes away and free drinks in the evenings.

DarthBBerry 02-16-2010 10:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bonnarooed (Post 1565459)
Embassy Suites Lake Buena Vista also has Gov rates, 5 minutes away and free drinks in the evenings.

It may be 5 minutes away, but you have to wait for the bus to take you back and forth to the Marriott.

Bonnarooed 02-16-2010 10:48 AM

Not a problem, worked liked a charm last year. Its a great place to stay

twinkiefan 02-16-2010 02:43 PM

How late do the buses run between the conference center and the other hotels? I've always either stayed in the World Center or had a rental car and stayed "offsite", but I don't want to bother with the rental this year if I don't have to...hoping I'm approved to go!

lencholamas 02-16-2010 03:26 PM

how much are rates at world marriot? i bet u can get a lot cheaper renting out a timeshare or something like that close by

DarthBBerry 02-17-2010 08:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by twinkiefan (Post 1565982)
How late do the buses run between the conference center and the other hotels? I've always either stayed in the World Center or had a rental car and stayed "offsite", but I don't want to bother with the rental this year if I don't have to...hoping I'm approved to go!

From the AttendWES website:
"Shuttle Service
Round trip daily transportation between the Orlando World Center Marriott & Convention Center and all WES designated hotels will be provided. Schedules will be made available at all hotels."

Quote:

Originally Posted by lencholamas (Post 1566017)
how much are rates at world marriot? i bet u can get a lot cheaper renting out a timeshare or something like that close by

Try here:
WES 2010 Budget Planning Tool: Wireless Enterprise Symposium
$109 / night for the government rate.

Its more convienent to stay at the host hotel.

AlanM 02-20-2010 01:21 PM

World Center is also about 10-15 minutes to the gates of Disney, should you be inclined.

DarthBBerry 02-22-2010 10:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AlanM (Post 1568468)
World Center is also about 10-15 minutes to the gates of Disney, should you be inclined.

Thursday night and/or Friday morning? I'm inclined....
Or perhaps Universal for the new Harry Potter-land.