BlackBerry Forums Support Community

BlackBerry Forums Support Community (http://www.blackberryforums.com/index.php)
-   BlackBerry Themes (http://www.blackberryforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=146)
-   -   Why isn't an installed theme in my themes list? (http://www.blackberryforums.com/showthread.php?t=142181)

Perfect Storm 07-26-2008 12:57 PM

Why isn't an installed theme in my themes list?

Since this keeps coming up, I'm going to post the FAQ article I just did up here as well. I'd say this should be stickied.

There are several reasons why an installed theme, which is visible in Options->Advanced Options->Applications, will not show up in Options->Themes:
  • Dimension Themes are not installed: In order to install custom themes, the Dimension theme of that style must be on the device (ie, Today themes require Dimension Today, Zen themes require Dimension Zen, etc). These themes are on all devices by default, however some memory guides recommend removing them to save space.
  • Theme was not build for your device/software version: The theme must have been build for your device series (ie 83xx, 88xx, 81xx) and your current, or an earlier software version (ie a 4.2.2 theme will work in 4.3.0 and 4.5.0, but not 4.2.1)
  • Battery was not pulled after installation: For themes on devices running software before 4.2.2, the battery must be pulled to complete installation
  • IT Policy restriction: If you are on a Corporate BES which restricts installation of third party applications, you will not be able to use custom themes
  • Not enough Free Memory: In rare cases, to little memory can prevent a large theme from being activated.

Jamesparadise 08-07-2008 01:46 PM

nice . thanks

amusic 08-10-2008 01:35 AM

If I may add, there is one more thing that causing the problem with installation.
Installing via Desktop Manager requires that you have your current OS installed on your computer prior to installing custom themes.

Perfect Storm 08-10-2008 01:41 AM

That would not lead to this situation. There are already many, many threads covering that.

colur_king 08-24-2008 12:49 PM

why no media galary file in my bb8700. to instal what to do

JSanders 08-24-2008 12:50 PM

Because there is NO media card in your 8700.

jessica_leaann 11-20-2008 10:11 PM

themes

Thank you so much... I had downloaded this theme a million times and it wouldnt show until I took out my battery.... thanks again!!!!!!!!!

Sytner 04-15-2009 04:52 PM

Might I add another solution to a rare case.

Depending on the way your device is set-up, you may have application permissions by default set to deny. If this is the case you may sometimes have to change them; example scenario being a theme not showing up after install.
You would have to go to Options>Advanced Options>Applications, move down onto the theme and click. On the resulting menu click "Edit Permissions". On that screen go over all of which in this case would be set to deny, and click and select "Allow" for all.
Afterwards do a battery pull or reset and the theme should show up.

Pumkin 06-09-2009 08:02 AM

How do i install themes in my blackberry 8300 curve and what file extension should it be? Thanks!

jsconyers 06-09-2009 08:08 AM

Welcome to the forums and please check here:
Adding Themes & RingTones - BlackBerryFAQ

jefferybeene 06-19-2009 02:01 PM

Followed the FAQ and can see the installed themes on the list of installed applications in the Desktop Manager, but when looking at the available list of themes on the BB I don't see the d/l themes. Did OTA installs that were successful, rebooted device, then did the battery removal. Stumped at this point.

snowmangoh 07-02-2009 01:56 PM

One more situation is that it IS possible to install themes that are not for your OS, in which case it wouldn't show up in your theme list.

Brinkley1988 07-29-2009 07:02 AM

Oh, it's really helpful. Thanks!

ttowles 12-15-2009 10:38 PM

This is good, but it doesn't solve it because I do not have the Dimension Zen or Dimension today themes...where can I get those for 9700? Thanks!

Kamau 08-18-2010 05:24 PM

I just came back from the FAQ's, and have done everything said in it, but still can't get my theme to show up. Here's the background.
I actually bought it a couple years ago for my 8100 (from MobiHand). Today, I updated my phone and PIN, and received a link to download it from, which I did. It shows up under the third party apps, but not under the themes. All of the permissions are set to allow, I did 3 battery pulls, checked my available app memory (84MB), everything. The theme is also compatible for 4.2 & up (I have the lastest 5.0) and is compatible for the 8900.
Have I missed anything?
In advance, Thank You for any help.

gambit007 12-23-2010 02:49 PM

Re: Why isn't an installed theme in my themes list?

The terminator theme seems to have terminated itself from my phone after installing....I'll be back.
Posted via BlackBerryForums.com Mobile

sohailraza 11-25-2011 04:52 AM

sohailraza 11-25-2011 04:53 AM

carelljones 02-16-2012 03:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pumkin (Post 1402217)
How do i install themes in my blackberry 8300 curve and what file extension should it be? Thanks!

Go to the provider from whom you wish to buy or download a theme. Do this on your PC. Download the Theme to your PC. It may be zipped so you will need to unzip the file. Connect your Blackberry to your computer. Open up Desktop Manager. Then open Application Loader. Then open. Add. Find the file called “Themes.alx” and hit “OK”. After the installation finishes, you now need to change the theme by going to Settings. Click Options. Then click Themes and select the new theme.

vakantiehuizen 07-20-2012 11:34 AM

Can you give me some collection of free theams of blackberry 7100g phone