BlackBerry Forums Support Community

BlackBerry Forums Support Community (http://www.blackberryforums.com/index.php)
-   BlackBerry Help (http://www.blackberryforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=156)
-   -   BlackBerry Protect Working (http://www.blackberryforums.com/showthread.php?t=268041)

JeffDes 02-25-2018 02:18 PM

BlackBerry Protect Working

Hi everyone,

Just wondering if anyone knows of any current issues with Blackberry Protect. I have two BB phones (Q10, Classic) and when I go into settings>Blackberry Protect both phones display an error message "BlackBerry Protect Unavailable - Unable to connect to the BlackBerry Protect service. Please try again later."

I am able to login in to the service online and there a message say "BlackBerry anti-theft not available" but give no other details.

Just noticed this much earlier today and the problem persists. Not sure if BB has discontinued this service for these older phones.

Thank you,
Cheers

tsac 02-25-2018 07:17 PM

Re: BlackBerry Protect Working

Based on the BB web site it is only available for the pre OS 10 phones.
Blackberry indicates LINK is for backup.

Blackberry seems to say it is still available for Pre OS 10 devices but I would be careful relying on it for backup or security. Blackberry offers limited user device application support

JeffDes 02-25-2018 08:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tsac (Post 1819774)
Based on the BB web site it is only available for the pre OS 10 phones.
Blackberry indicates LINK is for backup.

Blackberry seems to say it is still available for Pre OS 10 devices but I would be careful relying on it for backup or security. Blackberry offers limited user device application support

Thank you tsac for your reply.
I'm reading a BB KB that gives me a different conclusion.

OK so I can't link to the KB file as I'm too new of this site. However it is KB article 000037016 on the BB site. :?

It suggests that BB no longer support OS ver 10.3.1 and these phones should be updated to OS ver 10.3.2 or later. In my case both my Q10 and Classic phones are running OS ver 10.3.3.2205

Perhaps you have found a more recent KB?
Thanks for any additional help,
Cheers

JeffDes 02-25-2018 09:18 PM

Just an update to issue. Both phones are now able to log into BB Protect. The "more" link provided on settings page does link to BB website discussing OS 10.3.3 and Protect and all the features should be working.

The website seem to be lagging behind. The site still some times indicates the anti-theft is available/not available. Although at this time both phones are now able to contact Protect and indicate that anti-theft is enabled.

tsac 02-26-2018 09:47 PM

I looked at the KB section and It does indicate BB Protect will work on OS 10 devices.
this contradicts the information on the App support site which does not show any OS 10 devices that are compatible with the App.

I also suspect Blackberry has not updated a lot of articles on their web sites and that causes miss information.

Anyway glad you found the right way to get it working on your phone.

JeffDes 02-26-2018 11:46 PM

Thanks again @tsak for your time and help. It was much appreciated.

Cheers