BlackBerry Forums Support Community

BlackBerry Forums Support Community (http://www.blackberryforums.com/index.php)
-   Mac Users Corner (http://www.blackberryforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=61)
-   -   How Do I move my Address Book data to Blackberry software and/or Blackberry unit? (http://www.blackberryforums.com/showthread.php?t=243261)

pinoylurker 01-12-2011 11:10 PM

How Do I move my Address Book data to Blackberry software and/or Blackberry unit?

Am a Nokia (E71) phone user, but I need to temporarily switch to a Blackberry Curve 8520. This is also a way for me to test if a Blackberry is for me, or not.

Is there a way to move all "contacts" data to the Blackberry Desktop Software?

All similar topics on the net are a year old and, then, there was no Blackberry software for MAC yet, and everyone was referring to third party software to solve their problems.

Am hoping that there is a way for a MAC & Nokia user to be able to conveniently switch to a Blackberry.

Thanks!

John Clark 01-13-2011 12:27 AM

Re: How Do I move my Address Book data to Blackberry software and/or Blackberry unit?

If you can get your data from the Nokia into the Mac Contacts application then you can use DM for Mac to sync that data into the BB. I'm not familiar enough with the Nokia E71 to help you get the data from the Nokia into the Mac, though.

pinoylurker 01-13-2011 11:42 PM

Re: How Do I move my Address Book data to Blackberry software and/or Blackberry unit?

Thank you for your reply...

For everyone's sake, who aren't familiar with this, I managed to link everything!

Apparently, the BDM is created to link up to the Address Book of our MACs. All I did was to set the BDM in a 2 way sync and merged all data.

I was able to extract everything from my Address Book!

John Clark 01-13-2011 11:47 PM

I think that's what I suggested in my above post. :-)
Posted via BlackBerryForums.com Mobile

Jagga 01-16-2011 05:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pinoylurker (Post 1693653)
Thank you for your reply...

For everyone's sake, who aren't familiar with this, I managed to link everything!

Apparently, the BDM is created to link up to the Address Book of our MACs. All I did was to set the BDM in a 2 way sync and merged all data.

I was able to extract everything from my Address Book!

Any recent contacts on E71 that have not been entered on AddressBook may not have transfered over. is there PC Suite for Mac offered by Nokia for S60 devices? That E71 is sweet yet you may love the BB.

Welcome to the world of BlackBerry.

Vinit Lohiya 01-27-2011 07:08 AM

I ve Bold 9700, and i want to Sync my BB address book with my Mac address Book. When i do 2 way sync, the sync does not get complete after 1/4th completion. But when i do one way i.e mac to BB, it happens quickly. but this what i dont want i.e mac to BB. I want BB to mac or 2 way? can some body help me.
Act i ve created one folder in Mac Add book for my BB contacts & would like to sync only with this folder.

cristinamassaro 07-04-2011 03:52 PM

HI GUYS
yesterday i been trying to inst the BB cd for backup in to my MAC..because i wanted to safe all my contact...unfortunatly i did lost everything...Can i still see in my Mac what i did backed up??...i can open the file..
please help..please

aiharkness 07-04-2011 05:11 PM

You lost everything means exactly what? What all did you lose?

Did you have contacts on the BlackBerry? Are those all gone?

Did you successfully complete a backup? I don't know Mac's, but you can easily search and find out the default filename format for backup files on Mac's.

Were you sync'ing the BlackBerry with anything? Google? Facebook? Are those all gone?
Posted via BlackBerryForums.com Mobile