BlackBerry Forums Support Community

BlackBerry Forums Support Community (http://www.blackberryforums.com/index.php)
-   Rumor Mill (http://www.blackberryforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Storm 3 Cancelled? (http://www.blackberryforums.com/showthread.php?t=237614)

jnyost 12-14-2010 10:51 AM

Re: Storm 3 Cancelled?

I had the Storm 1 for a short time before returning it. I've had my Storm 2 since it was released. It's been a rock solid device with no issues.

extertain 01-25-2011 07:45 AM

If the same is not cancelled, would these be available in My city Ajmer here in India.

We have the Blackberry services here in india

Dubdub 01-25-2011 08:04 AM

You would have to talk to your cell carrier about availability.

aygriffith 01-27-2011 08:43 PM

Well engadget just leaked the 2011 CDMA roadmap and the illusive Storm 3, aka the Monaco, is shown for Q3. Pretty good looking specs for Blackberry although it might look middle of the road compared to the hardware specs of other phones in the market by Q3 2011.

I remain hopeful and with the other posted rumors today of BBM6, it looks like Blackberry may keep us all interested and the BES environments some of us manage from revolting and buying Iphones and Androids. I just hope Sprint gets both the Curve Touch and Storm 3 devices. Verizon clearly doesn't market the Storm well anymore, its time to spread the love.(y)

BlackBerry Monaco Touch, Bold Touch, Sedona, and more leaked for CDMA -- Engadget

champas 02-08-2011 03:02 AM

Who cares? I am not "bold" enough to pass through "stormy" seas, so I guess I'll simply stick to "curving" my way through the blackberry jungle

brockfernandez 02-08-2011 09:51 AM

Loved the RIM want the Torch... DOes anyone out there have one?

PJD642 02-09-2011 08:27 AM

And just to jump on the bandwagon, although I'm very happy with my 9650 & OS 6, I would really like a CDMA Torch. Bigger screen & a physical keyboard = YUMMY!

DaBlackberryBoy 02-09-2011 01:52 PM

I wouldnt mind getting a Storm 3 if the specs are a lil more beefed up. The Storm 1 I had and the Storm 2 I have have been great phones. SurePress needs to go away for sure, more RAM and ROM and I'd be a happy customer. Call me a sucker for punishment but the Storm phones Ive had have had minimal issues. Back to the waiting game...

applauz 07-03-2011 09:41 AM

ew. I dont think they will try Storm again

TheDailyBerry 07-17-2011 11:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jnyost (Post 1662972)
I agree. I think something will hit before the holidays.

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlackberryEurope (Post 1663048)
i Think RIM still prepare for secret BB o 2011....still waiting.!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Makkari (Post 1665242)
I can't say that I know what's coming down the pipe--I'm no insider--but I believe something is coming. Given RIM's penchant for the anti-climatic, I wouldn't be surprised if it's just a CDMA Torch.

There's talk of seven new BlackBerry devices before the holidays, not just one.

bobmG8 07-17-2011 12:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheDailyBerry (Post 1733064)
There's talk of seven new BlackBerry devices before the holidays, not just one.

That I would like to see. It's about time BlackBerry started to compete with the other brands on the market. I can't leave BlackBerry because my company uses and BlackBerry Exchange Server which is just too convenient. I really like my Storm 2 style platform and would like to see a full blown version in 4G with all the upgraded features of the Torch and with a high quality screen like the iPhone 4. That would be awesome.

TheDailyBerry 07-17-2011 12:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bobmG8 (Post 1733065)
That I would like to see. It's about time BlackBerry started to compete with the other brands on the market. I can't leave BlackBerry because my company uses and BlackBerry Exchange Server which is just too convenient. I really like my Storm 2 style platform and would like to see a full blown version in 4G with all the upgraded features of the Torch and with a high quality screen like the iPhone 4. That would be awesome.

They won't be releasing a new Storm but they will be releasing the BlackBerry Torch 9850/60 which are like Storm 3 equivalents without using the "Storm" name. These devices will feature a full touchscreen design and will most likely run on OS7. To be honest, I really think RIM should be focusing on their QNX-powered devices and I feel like these seven OS7 devices will be able to give them that push to make the move to QNX "superphones" as described by Lazaridis. Can't wait to experience the dual core processors on those phones.

rambo47 07-19-2011 04:34 PM

You just know that by the time RIM is making dual-core BlackBerrys the rest of the world will be on to quad-core devices and talking about 8-core ones. :razz:

Thiego-uk 07-21-2011 04:19 AM

I cant remember where I saw but a RIM employee said they changed the name of the Storm 3 to 9860.
They said they didnt want to associative the Storm which is considered to be failed to this device that shall be really good.

TheDailyBerry 07-21-2011 09:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thiego-uk (Post 1733800)
I cant remember where I saw but a RIM employee said they changed the name of the Storm 3 to 9860.
They said they didnt want to associative the Storm which is considered to be failed to this device that shall be really good.

Yes it's going to be called the Torch 9860 for exactly this reason. Instead of having a slide out keyboard like the original Torch it will be 100% touch-screen.

dc/dc 11-23-2011 07:28 PM

Why did you bump a thread that hasn't had a post in five months?

NJBlackBerry 11-23-2011 08:09 PM

To increase his post count, you silly!

dc/dc 11-24-2011 01:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NJBlackBerry (Post 1756530)
To increase his post count, you silly!

Ah, right. Silly me. :razz: