BlackBerry Forums Support Community

BlackBerry Forums Support Community (http://www.blackberryforums.com/index.php)
-   BlackBerry In the News (http://www.blackberryforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   Is Android RIM's backup plan? (http://www.blackberryforums.com/showthread.php?t=250014)

Preroll 06-10-2011 10:29 PM

Is Android RIM's backup plan?

Is Android RIMxxx039;s backup plan? | VentureBeat

barbarianthemadserb 06-13-2011 08:14 AM

Re: Is Android RIM's backup plan?

Good food for thought. Thanks for the interesting article.(y)

ArgonNJ 06-16-2011 09:44 PM

Android might be RIM's only way to avoid obsolescence.

Bieradler 07-01-2011 04:41 PM

I wonder how many of the BB faithful will stay true to BB if they start running Android. In my experience, a key factor in my buying decision to buy my BB was because I hated Android. (not trying to bash, it just didn't work for me)

I wonder how many others share my opinion and might go back to or purchase an iPhone if that is the case.

applauz 07-03-2011 09:46 AM

Android is another attempt to make the device do EVERYTHING. and YES .. its a backup plan. Since developers arent developing on the BB platform they NEED apps. This is their solution.

Thiego-uk 07-07-2011 03:29 AM

I think a VM running Android apps would be fab but dont agree on dual boot! For me, the Playbook QNX is the best OS out there, its still missing some bits but surely will improve. Compare IOS to IOS5 and you will obviously see what I mean. The only problem is that this improvements must happen fast to not loose the confidence of its costumers.
I still cant foresee RIM closing its doors!

DallasFlier 07-07-2011 01:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ArgonNJ (Post 1727876)
Android might be RIM's only way to avoid obsolescence.

"The sky is falling, the sky is falling!!!"
-Chicken Little (and our own resident iPhone fanboy/BlackBerry basher. :oops:

iamchrisglover 07-20-2011 06:05 AM

I think that a BB running Android might not be bad, but they should make new phones that run that OS and others that run the original.

dcfella 07-24-2011 11:46 PM

Might be a good idea. Android has one thing RIM desperately needs at this point in time...Apps. I've had an android phone for almost a year now, and before that I've had several blackberries. The one thing that's impressed me the most with android is the apps I'm able to use on it. A lot of people may say most of the apps are crap, but there are tons that are pretty amazing. This is the biggest thing holding me back from reconsidering going back to blackberry. Well...also the web browsing experience is 100 times better than on my old 8900.

I'd like to see RIM thing out of the box and surprise consumers for once. They've been pretty stale and blackberry's evolution seems way too incremental in these times. Some people don't like change, but in this day and age, you got to at least come close to offering what your competition is offering.