BlackBerry Forums Support Community

BlackBerry Forums Support Community (http://www.blackberryforums.com/index.php)
-   Aftermarket Software (http://www.blackberryforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   PocketDay Start! Released (http://www.blackberryforums.com/showthread.php?t=168767)

crs 01-05-2009 03:47 PM

PocketDay Start! Released

5 Attachment(s)
Cross River Systems LLC is please to release PocketDay Start! our new Launcher designed specifically for BlackBerry devices with OS 4.5 or higher and to specifically address the BlackBerry Storm Touch Screen.

PocketDay Start! allows users to completely customize and have quick access to all of their favorite apps, contacts and web sites as well as the built in BlackBerry information with only a few screen taps.

As a special launch promotion, PD Start! can be purchased for $9.95 via http://www.pocketday.com. Use coupon code "start1" during checkout to get this special price.

Communicate Faster
  • Speed Dial on steroids!
  • Set up your favorite Contacts
  • One click allows you to Call them, Email them or Text them
  • The display shows their picture (if they have one as well)
Access your Information quicker
  • Dedicated buttons for all the Native BB Data views
  • Email - View, Compose Email/SMS, Search
  • Calendar - Agenda,Day, Week, Month Views and Add New
  • Tasks (View and Create)
  • Memos (View and create)
Manage your Apps
  • Set up your Favorite Apps
  • Order them and re-arrange them as you see fit
Favorite Web Sites
  • Set up your favorite URLS
  • Quick one click access to all your favorite web sites

Download a free 15 day trial Over-The-Air at:

http://www.pocketday.com/ota.htm

For support, comments or suggestions email us at [email address]

-crs

Jannock 01-05-2009 09:23 PM

Nice application, also on the Curve!

jmwking 01-06-2009 03:20 AM

Looks like the tilt issue has indeed been fixed.

Thanks,

-jk

koleary19067 01-06-2009 04:22 AM

Is this software to replace pocketday Pro or is it like an add-on

crs 01-06-2009 09:10 AM

Wirelessly posted

This software does not replace PocketDay Professional, it's strictly a shortcut/launcher

Jannock 01-06-2009 09:10 PM

Is it possible to make the web-icons a littlebit smaller, so you can see more icons at the curve screen?

crs 01-06-2009 10:18 PM

Yes. We'll be adding a new feature which allows you to select the # of icons to display on each row.

koleary19067 01-06-2009 11:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by crs (Post 1235709)
Wirelessly posted

This software does not replace PocketDay Professional, it's strictly a shortcut/launcher

thanks

PIERTOWN 01-07-2009 08:41 AM

any chance the e mail/mesge icon can inform you when a message is recieved

crs 01-08-2009 01:13 PM

We'll be adding message notifications in an upcoming release

Jannock 01-09-2009 08:52 PM

Should it be possible to skip for example 'tasks' and 'memos' and put 'pdlist' instead of these?

crs 01-09-2009 09:21 PM

Jannock, good point. Right now you cannot change the Built in BB app icons. You can, of course, add PD Lists to the Applications Tab.

Jannock 01-09-2009 09:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by crs (Post 1240735)
Jannock, good point. Right now you cannot change the Built in BB app icons. You can, of course, add PD Lists to the Applications Tab.

You are right crs, but I like the idea to have e-mail, calendar en PD lists on the same page.

WillJitsu 01-09-2009 10:06 PM

Is it possible to add a link to send a message via BlackBerry Messenger to the contact links?

crs 01-09-2009 10:34 PM

Unfortunately not. BB Messenger is closed up tight by RIM.

sheldonbk 01-09-2009 11:47 PM

I use BBSmart's shortcut program.. seems to be the same kind of app.

A tip for what it's worth...

If you use a shortcut program, assign one of the (left/right) convenience keys to the shortcut program. (options >> screen/keyboard). You can always setup whatever you had as your prior convenience key (in my case "camera") to a shortcut within the shortcut program.

I actually read another tip to set a convenience key for the application switcher (alt-tab). So between those two convenience keys, you can very quickly move between both open programs and available programs/shortcuts.

daphne 01-11-2009 02:48 AM

I installed this app last night and I really like it. It's very pleasing to the eyes as well as convenient.

One question.. when adding a new shortcut for an app, there's an option saying OverRide App Module. What does that mean?

Also I don't see a way to add a shortcut to the video recorder. I'd like to have a shortcut for it.

koleary19067 01-11-2009 03:05 AM

I tried it and did not like it. Maybe i will give it another try.

Minister Stanley 04-15-2009 04:40 PM

I like. I just have one issue prior to purchase. When I try to add yahoo messenger, it adds to favorite apps, but when I attempt to launch it, I get an uncaught exception:DSC as an error. Am I doing something wrong, or is this a bug that needs to be ironed out?

crs 04-15-2009 09:25 PM

we'll check into this.