BlackBerry Forums Support Community

BlackBerry Forums Support Community (http://www.blackberryforums.com/index.php)
-   BlackBerry Help (http://www.blackberryforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=156)
-   -   bold 9700 unable to edit contacts (http://www.blackberryforums.com/showthread.php?t=258943)

arisrael@info.com.ph 04-11-2012 10:59 PM

bold 9700 unable to edit contacts

i have problem with my blackberry bold 9700. suddenly am unable to edit and add new contacts in my address book. prompt message appears "Uncaught exception. Application net_rim_bb_addressbook_app (274) is not responding; process terminated". pls help

dc/dc 04-12-2012 07:09 AM

Re: bold 9700 unable to edit contacts

Have you pulled the battery?

dreamer0lisa 04-13-2012 04:17 AM

hi i'm a new member and having the same problem
I think the problem is much more serious than a problem that can be solved through hard reset
I already reset my blackberry to the factory setting, security wipe, delete and restore through desktop software, install higher os, removing windows live messenger, etc, please help

tsac 04-14-2012 01:40 PM

make sure content encryption is not turned on for contacts. also if these are company phones , they can have a policy that locks contacts preventing adds or edits.

RIM support info.

KB15244-What is Content Protection and Encryption on BlackBerry smartphone

vinceram 04-16-2012 11:20 AM

Having the same problem with the Bold 9700. Tried all of the stuff previously posted. Content encryption not turned on for contacts. Please help!

JSanders 04-16-2012 11:23 AM

Have you recently updated your Windows Live Messenger, AIM or Yahoo Messenger apps?

If so, delete both or the one of those applications you upgraded, and you address book should return normal. It's a known glitch with those upgrades last week and I've been told that RIM is investigating and fixing.

vinceram 04-16-2012 03:19 PM

Deleted all 3 apps; live messenger, AIM and Yahoo. Still not working.

asimrox 04-16-2012 05:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JSanders (Post 1775055)
Have you recently updated your Windows Live Messenger, AIM or Yahoo Messenger apps?

If so, delete both or the one of those applications you upgraded, and you address book should return normal. It's a known glitch with those upgrades last week and I've been told that RIM is investigating and fixing.

This one worked for me. I deleted my Live Messenger and everything is back to normal now. Thanks Buddy

vinceram 04-17-2012 08:24 AM

Quote:

Tried it again last night. You were right! You need to delete all IM programs. Windows live, AIM, Yahoo, Google Talk etc...

Mayumi 04-23-2012 07:00 PM

Hi, does anyone knows if this this "uncaught exception" problem has been fixed by RIM? I uninstalled msn and whatsapp, my addressbook problems where solved and i need to reinstall them, but i'm afraid the error happens again...

ZombieBerry 04-24-2012 11:42 AM

From what I understand, there seems to be a bug in the newest versions of these apps. I haven't seen many errors from those who are using older versions of the app.

Sparkydove 04-24-2012 03:35 PM

Quote:

-----

Thanks! I remembered I recently updated Yahoo Messenger so deleted it and rebooted and now I can add and edit my contacts.

tidesto 04-25-2012 06:46 AM

Thanks JSanders.. It works! I had similar problem as the others above where I can not edit nor Add new contacts. I recall updating YM. It is now deleted and the feature is back

Thanks again