BlackBerry Forums Support Community

BlackBerry Forums Support Community (http://www.blackberryforums.com/index.php)
-   General BlackBerry Discussion (http://www.blackberryforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Clear voicemail indicator (without accessing voicemail) (http://www.blackberryforums.com/showthread.php?t=12507)

totalstu 07-25-2005 06:56 AM

Clear voicemail indicator (without accessing voicemail)

My BB7750 displays the voicemail indicator icon. Obviously someone left a voicemail message. My BB has no phone access due to an applied IT policy. How do I clear the voicemail indicator icon without accessing voicemail?

Thanks

cbotd 07-25-2005 07:10 AM

you should be able to go into messages or "m" from the main screen and select the voice mail and delete it.

totalstu 07-25-2005 07:14 AM

I've cleared the actual voicemail message off the BB by deleting it but the little indicator, that on the 7750 is right above the battery meter, is still there.

Dawg 07-25-2005 07:24 AM

mine takes a few minutes to clear after i delete the message

totalstu 07-25-2005 07:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dawg
mine takes a few minutes to clear after i delete the message

It's been almost 1.5 hours.

MasterBB 07-25-2005 07:43 AM

because there is no such thing. you can't delete it without actually going into your voicemail and listening to it. deleting the notification will only clear the unopened envelope shown in the top left.

Dawg 07-25-2005 07:43 AM

reboot device and seeif that helps

totalstu 07-25-2005 08:45 AM

Rebooting, by taking out the battery, didn't help. I wiped the handheld file system and went thru then enterprise activation process. That worked :)

GonzotheDuck 07-25-2005 04:12 PM

How about dialing the number form a land line and checking the voice mail and then deleting it? That is alot simpler than wiping a system and reactivating. While your phone is disabled from the BB, you can NOT prevent people from leaving you a voice mail. (Well, the carriers could but I doubt you will get that kind of service.)

dbly1850 07-25-2005 05:33 PM

Go to mail, click folders open folders view, select phone calls folder and remove the voice mail.. also check missed calls folder.

Quote:

Originally Posted by totalstu
My BB7750 displays the voicemail indicator icon. Obviously someone left a voicemail message. My BB has no phone access due to an applied IT policy. How do I clear the voicemail indicator icon without accessing voicemail?

Thanks

camerch 07-25-2005 05:35 PM

The MWI or Mail Waiting Indicator isn't controlled by the BB, it's a network feature, contact your service provider for assistance.

totalstu 07-26-2005 07:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GonzotheDuck
How about dialing the number form a land line and checking the voice mail and then deleting it? That is alot simpler than wiping a system and reactivating. While your phone is disabled from the BB, you can NOT prevent people from leaving you a voice mail. (Well, the carriers could but I doubt you will get that kind of service.)

Tried that but the vm was never set up. I pressed * to access the vm settings but a message came on saying it must first be setup dialing from the BB.