BlackBerry Forums Support Community

BlackBerry Forums Support Community (http://www.blackberryforums.com/index.php)
-   General 9500 Series Discussion - Storm (http://www.blackberryforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=122)
-   -   Blackberry STORM users consider moving to a bold? (http://www.blackberryforums.com/showthread.php?t=178180)

emkwan 02-25-2009 08:50 AM

Blackberry STORM users consider moving to a bold?

A question to STORM users, would you consider moving to a bold or are you happy with the STORM??!!

Pravius 02-25-2009 09:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by emkwan (Post 1298418)
A question to STORM users, would you consider moving to a bold or are you happy with the STORM??!!

I am happy with the storm personally, firmware will get better, the hardware is nice and where it needs to be.

Hence why I am reading this post on the STORM forums...

emkwan 02-25-2009 09:53 AM

its good to know some users think its getting better

david9962000 02-25-2009 09:59 AM

Everyone is different but I like a real keyboard.

monkeyfez 02-25-2009 10:20 AM

I really like the Storm but when VZW gets the Bold I'm there. I miss my keyboard.

Saberhagen 02-25-2009 10:39 AM

Ive never owned a BB before i got the Storm, and i must say.. I absolutely love it, despite the few glitches it have.. A girl in my class has the Bold, and no way in hell that im gonna switch to that one.. I usually hated touchsscreens, but that was before i got my hands on the Storm.. I absolutely love it!!

Teledatageek 02-25-2009 10:45 AM

Without question that is a move I would make if I could.

rpjohs 02-25-2009 10:46 AM

Currently use a Storm, I like it, but I am looking to switch back to my Curve. The lack of the physical keyboard is driving me crazy.

The storm has a lot that I love...browser, media, huge screen. But ive noticed that with my emails that I read them on my berry, but what til I get to my computer or laptop to reply to them. It kind of defeats the purpose of having the email on the go. The virtual keyboard is way to quirky (for example; type the letter P and the letter Q lights up).

rpjohs 02-25-2009 10:47 AM

If I could get the VZW Curve right now without having to pay the full $429.99 I would.

cscotty 02-25-2009 11:42 AM

I have considered switching to the BOLD. My main issue with my STORM is how sensitive the screen rotation to horizontal is. It takes like 4 seconds to get it back to vertical, but the least little horizontal lean it has, it switches. ITS SO ANNYOING!!!! But I love my storm ;)

Helmdawg 02-25-2009 12:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by emkwan (Post 1298418)

Didn't you ask this same question with the Javelin in another thread? It seems to me your unsure about your Bold.. ;-)

kurichan 02-25-2009 02:55 PM

My experience with the Storm so far is that it absolutely sucks in terms of productivity. I'd take a Verizon Javelin in a heartbeat.

XelhaBB 02-25-2009 03:23 PM

Honestly, the Bold is a NICE phone. I have handled it and had I had the option between the Storm and the Bold on Verizon from the outset I probably would have opted for the Bold. Same basic OS platform and the keyboard is VERY nice on the Bold.

But at this point I am somewhat "emotionally" invested into my Storm. We have bonded. So I am going to stick with the Storm for a while. I am really digging the touch screen aspect of the phone.

In the long run, unless other touchscreen upgrades occur, I could see myself trying out other Blackberry phones.

user242 02-25-2009 03:57 PM

Like someone mentioned the touchscreen keyboard of the Storm is very quirky at times and sometimes when you tilt the screen slightly it changes from landscape to portrailt and vice versa which is very annoying. I was so used to my 8830 World edition and as of now if VZW had the bold available I would try selling my Storm to get a Bold unless VZW comes out sooner with another certified software upgrade that can take care of these issues so that I would be much happier with my Storm.

Tri-Tip 02-25-2009 06:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pravius (Post 1298485)
I am happy with the storm personally, firmware will get better, the hardware is nice and where it needs to be.

Hence why I am reading this post on the STORM forums...

I agree. I don't like the Curve at all, it feels cheap to me.

I'll probably stick with the Storm, hopefully they can fix some of the annoyances through software.

I do miss keys for shortcuts (T=Top, P=Previous, etc.) you can still do that on the Storm, but not as quickly. I also miss my 25 once touch dials, 9 just doesn't cut it sometimes.

bobm445 02-25-2009 06:40 PM

I will keep the storm. I dont have any old habits to break. I think thats half the problems the old time bberry users, making the switch to touch screen

taichi 02-25-2009 06:43 PM

switch to BOLD with AT&T network !? hmm... ? I doubt I would do it unless something is coming up.

kurichan 02-25-2009 07:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tri-Tip (Post 1299290)
I do miss keys for shortcuts (T=Top, P=Previous, etc.) you can still do that on the Storm, but not as quickly.

Are there shortcuts, or you just mean by gestures? The lack of shortcuts on the Storm is KILLING my experience!

acole10000 02-25-2009 08:28 PM

The screen - Oh how I love the screen.....
But boy do I miss the one-handed operation, and boy do I miss 26 speed dials and boy it seems my typing is horrible on a touch screen keyboard.

I hate to say it, but I want out of this love hate relationship.

MoeMistry 02-25-2009 10:52 PM

I'm liking mine right now. The emailing and texting via keybord takes some getting use to. I miss that coming from a 8703