BlackBerry Forums Support Community

BlackBerry Forums Support Community (http://www.blackberryforums.com/index.php)
-   General 8300 Series Discussion - Curve (http://www.blackberryforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=93)
-   -   should I glue my blackberry back together? :) (http://www.blackberryforums.com/showthread.php?t=163329)

upsizin 12-04-2008 02:01 PM

should I glue my blackberry back together? :)

no, seriously...

I've got a tmo curve and I actually bought it used. My pearl was soooo old and just worn out and I had my heart set on a bold or storm (but they unfortunately didn't come to tmo). I won't leave tmo (at least for now) because I get unlimited data (bberry, email, text, internet, etc..) and 600 minutes for less than 70 bucks a month :oops: My contract has been up for over a year now and I won't upgrade bc I have to sign a new contract.

Well the top left corner of the face of the bberry was cracked, and now a piece of the corner has broken off about 1inch by 1half inch.

I keep it in a rubber skin so it's not even noticeable but I'm sure a big gaping hole in the unit can't be good for the insides :x It stays in my pocket and it's always rolling around in lint and other junk.

I found the piece in the bottom of my drier and it fits right back in. As a matter of fact it almost stays in place by just being set back in :?

Would there be any adverse effects from super gluing it back on?

Thatzmister2u 12-04-2008 02:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by upsizin (Post 1196135)
no, seriously...

I've got a tmo curve and I actually bought it used. My pearl was soooo old and just worn out and I had my heart set on a bold or storm (but they unfortunately didn't come to tmo). I won't leave tmo (at least for now) because I get unlimited data (bberry, email, text, internet, etc..) and 600 minutes for less than 70 bucks a month :oops: My contract has been up for over a year now and I won't upgrade bc I have to sign a new contract.

Well the top left corner of the face of the bberry was cracked, and now a piece of the corner has broken off about 1inch by 1half inch.

I keep it in a rubber skin so it's not even noticeable but I'm sure a big gaping hole in the unit can't be good for the insides :x It stays in my pocket and it's always rolling around in lint and other junk.

I found the piece in the bottom of my drier and it fits right back in. As a matter of fact it almost stays in place by just being set back in :?

Would there be any adverse effects from super gluing it back on?

I can think of no reason not too! I say go for it!!!

upsizin 12-04-2008 02:07 PM

(y)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Thatzmister2u (Post 1196140)
I can think of no reason not too! I say go for it!!!

upsizin 12-04-2008 02:08 PM

lol I was actually about to take a picture of the damage to post here but then I realized that the only camera I have handy is on the backside of the device

I'm an idiot haha

Thatzmister2u 12-04-2008 02:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by upsizin (Post 1196145)
lol I was actually about to take a picture of the damage to post here but then I realized that the only camera I have handy is on the backside of the device

I'm an idiot haha

Take the pic in a mirror.....

upsizin 12-04-2008 02:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thatzmister2u (Post 1196150)
Take the pic in a mirror.....

you almost got me :idea:

CountryyLovee 12-04-2008 02:13 PM

(y) Do ittt!

upsizin 12-04-2008 02:18 PM

concensus is do it. myself along with 2 others... I can't go wrong :) thanks bbforums :)

ghpk 12-04-2008 04:38 PM

count my vote too

hell 12-04-2008 06:16 PM

i wanna see it. Once i say a blackberry that was accidentally dropped on Gasoline... Never get back to life again...

pshift 12-05-2008 09:12 AM

It's just plastic as far as the case is concerned. A couple of drops of 'CrazyGlue' should do it, especially if the pieces fit nicely back together.

Johnny909 12-05-2008 03:49 PM

Instead of glue you could always use duct tape. Duct tape will fix just about anything.
See you later gator
J