BlackBerry Forums Support Community

BlackBerry Forums Support Community (http://www.blackberryforums.com/index.php)
-   BlackBerry Help (http://www.blackberryforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=156)
-   -   wifi network (http://www.blackberryforums.com/showthread.php?t=254721)

efeudo09 10-21-2011 04:12 PM

wifi network

Hey
I have a social plan so I do not have access to internet other then using a wifi network. My bb is hooked up to my router at home so I can use the wifi that way. When ever I go to connect to my internet at home a msg pops up saying "failed to associate with network". Without wifi i can not use the bb app world :(
Anyone have any ideas how to fix this?
p.s. phone has connected to home's wifi twice but other then that i cant get it to work!

Phone: bb bold 9780
Carrier: Telus

Dubdub 10-21-2011 05:13 PM

Re: wifi network

You cannot use app world without a true BB data plan, not the social plan AFAIK,

And the WiFi issue is probably also related tot he fact that you do not have a true BB data plan. Some carriers will not push the WiFi service book unless you have the proper data plan. You should call your carrier and ask,

efeudo09 10-21-2011 05:15 PM

that's not true. my friend has the same plan as me and is able to get on the app world. i've also been on the app world myself when my bb did connect to the wifi.

tsac 10-21-2011 08:36 PM

The Chief Bottle Washer is ( always) correct. The carrier just found you first.

efeudo09 10-21-2011 09:16 PM

um that makes no sense?
he isnt right because my friend has the SAME plan as me and has access to app world
and like i said ive been on app world when my wifi did connect

so no he's not always right...

Dubdub 10-21-2011 09:44 PM

I think your friend is getting by somehow or he/she had a full BB dataplan in the past before converting to the Social Plan, which left the WiFi service books in place.

Telus Social plans give you Social media only - i.e. Facebook, Twitter, BBM and Windows Messenger. No email. No browser. No App World. No other connection to RIM services.

ZombieBerry 10-21-2011 10:08 PM

Social plans on various networks allow for WiFi only connection to App World. Bell Plans have no internet, but allow BBM/Twitter/FaceBook (Network/WiFi), but will only allow her(one of my co-workers) to access App World on WiFi, which tbh is quite annoying..LoL

ZombieBerry 10-21-2011 10:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by efeudo09 (Post 1751640)
Hey
I have a social plan so I do not have access to internet other then using a wifi network. My bb is hooked up to my router at home so I can use the wifi that way. When ever I go to connect to my internet at home a msg pops up saying "failed to associate with network". Without wifi i can not use the bb app world :(
Anyone have any ideas how to fix this?
p.s. phone has connected to home's wifi twice but other then that i cant get it to work!

Phone: bb bold 9780
Carrier: Telus

Have you tried deleting the saved network on your BlackBerry? Then manually adding it again? Have you tried to reset your router?

efeudo09 10-22-2011 11:09 AM

no my friend has always had a social plan. and ya thats how i can get into it through wifi.
no one has actually answered my question though....
it wasnt about app world it was that my bb is not connecting to my wifi..