BlackBerry Forums Support Community

BlackBerry Forums Support Community (http://www.blackberryforums.com/index.php)
-   General 9000 Series Discussion - Bold (http://www.blackberryforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=106)
-   -   How to go back to OLD OS? (http://www.blackberryforums.com/showthread.php?t=225879)

ithehappy 05-05-2010 03:39 AM

How to go back to OLD OS?

Hi, I downloaded the 5.0 OS from this website but after installed that I am having two big problems, they are I can't charge my device via AC adapter, though it's okay with USB and the UP volume button doesn't work correctly. So I wanna get back to OS 4.6 and How can I do that? I am from India and I've downloaded the 4.6 OS of my carrier and then I installed it, it's okay but there is no option to get back the OS 4.6. So please tell me how would I do that?
Thanks.

Mexwell_10 05-05-2010 03:58 AM

do u have a mac or a pc?

wcr3d 05-05-2010 05:26 AM

Check out the FAQ's. In general most questions are answered there.
How do I downgrade the OS on my BlackBerry? - BlackBerryFAQ

Sytner 05-05-2010 10:09 AM

Wirelessly posted (8520 (5.0.0.411))

Have you uninstalled the 5.0 OS from your computer and then run Loader.exe? That should allow you to downgrade.

miamirulz29 05-05-2010 03:53 PM

It's just the same process as upgrading your os, except you download os 4.6.

ithehappy 05-06-2010 05:40 AM

Yep, I did it. I am on a Win PC. I just uninstalled the 5.0 OS and re-installed the 4.6 OS but the sad news is the charging problem and the up volume key problems were not related to the OS 5.0. Anyway, I am back on OS 5.0.
BTW- Does anyone know why the 'Don't Disturb' option has been removed from Profiles? I badly need that, without it there is no option by which I can block incoming calls.
Thanks.

miamirulz29 05-06-2010 07:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ithehappy (Post 1603563)
Yep, I did it. I am on a Win PC. I just uninstalled the 5.0 OS and re-installed the 4.6 OS but the sad news is the charging problem and the up volume key problems were not related to the OS 5.0. Anyway, I am back on OS 5.0.
BTW- Does anyone know why the 'Don't Disturb' option has been removed from Profiles? I badly need that, without it there is no option by which I can block incoming calls.
Thanks.

Just put the phone on silent or put it in bedside mode.

ithehappy 05-07-2010 01:20 AM

Ha ha. that's a cool solution. Thnx.
Anyway, I have another question, How to blink the Red LED to blink for unlimited time? Mine is blinking for 15 minutes after receiving a text, after that it stops blinking and it doesn't blink at all for missed call. Is there any application for that which will let the Red LED to blink till I check the text or the missed call?
Thanks.

devnull 05-07-2010 05:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ithehappy (Post 1603962)
Ha ha. that's a cool solution. Thnx.
Anyway, I have another question, How to blink the Red LED to blink for unlimited time? Mine is blinking for 15 minutes after receiving a text, after that it stops blinking and it doesn't blink at all for missed call. Is there any application for that which will let the Red LED to blink till I check the text or the missed call?
Thanks.

15 min is norm within the typical OS.

This app adds greater functionality of greater than 15 min and also different colors.
Bellshare - BerryBuzz

ithehappy 05-07-2010 10:03 AM

Thanks, Can I get it free from somewhere?
PS- I found it in Blackberry world app under free section. They asked for an e-mail id, I put mine, they sent an e-mail with a link which need to open from my BB browser, I do click the link but nothing is happening. Anyone have idea about this?

miamirulz29 05-07-2010 01:58 PM

Go to the link above your last post. You can download it from there.

ithehappy 05-07-2010 02:54 PM

Yep, but that's only a 7 days trial, not a full version.
Thanks

miamirulz29 05-07-2010 05:10 PM

Click buy now. There is no free version, except for the 7 day trial.

ithehappy 05-10-2010 01:30 PM

What's the BEST call firewall software? When I had S60, I used Mcleaner, which was pretty good, so if anything good out there then please tell me. Once I had a software called CallsBlocker(1.0.7), but it ain't good.
Thanks.
PS- Well I found some apps, like- Black & White list, Cerberus Call Filter, Advanced Call Manager etc...
So out of those which is the Best?

miamirulz29 05-10-2010 05:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ithehappy (Post 1605105)
What's the BEST call firewall software? When I had S60, I used Mcleaner, which was pretty good, so if anything good out there then please tell me. Once I had a software called CallsBlocker(1.0.7), but it ain't good.
Thanks.
PS- Well I found some apps, like- Black & White list, Cerberus Call Filter, Advanced Call Manager etc...
So out of those which is the Best?

Search this question in the aftermarket software forum, it has been asked many times.

ithehappy 05-15-2010 03:05 AM

Thanks for directing me to the right section.
Anyway, Can anyone tell me How to write CAPS ON and NUM ON? I mean when you are typing a text containing alphabets and numbers, you have to press and hold 'Alt' key and the 'aA' key to type in Caps, so is there any way like PC keyboards to have the Num and Caps ON until I turn it off?
Thanks.

devnull 05-15-2010 08:14 AM

alt + left shift turn on num lock
alt + right shift turn on caps lock

ithehappy 05-15-2010 12:43 PM

Thanks you very much.

ithehappy 05-17-2010 04:17 AM

Well I just found one terribly weird problem, that is- when I am on a call and if I turn on the speakerphone then suddenly a sharp pitched sound, I don't know what to call it exactly, but it's so canny that it will almost pinning my ear, and if I put the phone on a flat surface( my bed, table) it happens continuously and if I pick the phone up on a 90 degree angle then it stops but comes back again. I've never had a problem like this with any of my phones.
Will look forward to an answer,
Thanks.

miamirulz29 05-17-2010 04:50 PM

hmm... there has been a thread before on a weird sound coming from the speakerphone. I don't remember if there was a fix. Try another search.