BlackBerry Forums Support Community

BlackBerry Forums Support Community (http://www.blackberryforums.com/index.php)
-   BES Admin Corner (http://www.blackberryforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   New AD Users not Showing up in BES 5.0 (http://www.blackberryforums.com/showthread.php?t=196605)

spectro2003 07-10-2009 06:41 PM

New AD Users not Showing up in BES 5.0

Hey there, i just noticed that 2 users I created today dont show up in BES.

Im running MS Server 2003

I went ahead and did an offline user list rebuild from my exchange server to see if that would do it but no luck.

Any ideas as to why this happend?

I really never noticed before but ever since we went into 5.0 we have had a few issues with it like pipe-fulls.

jibi 07-11-2009 06:02 PM

Check to see if the Mail Store service is running. This process only runs once per day (at night, although this is configurable), so new users may not show up immediately. To update the list on demand (not necessarily recommended during the business day), expand BlackBerry Solution Topology then Component View then click Email and click Refresh available user list. To add someone on demand (BES 5.0 RTM), click on Create User, click Search (don't put any criteria), click Add user from company directory. To add someone on demand (BES 5.0 MR1), click on Create User and click Add user from company directory.

Hope that helps.

spectro2003 07-13-2009 10:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jibi (Post 1425875)
Check to see if the Mail Store service is running. This process only runs once per day (at night, although this is configurable), so new users may not show up immediately. To update the list on demand (not necessarily recommended during the business day), expand BlackBerry Solution Topology then Component View then click Email and click Refresh available user list. To add someone on demand (BES 5.0 RTM), click on Create User, click Search (don't put any criteria), click Add user from company directory. To add someone on demand (BES 5.0 MR1), click on Create User and click Add user from company directory.

Hope that helps.

Amazing, worked everything you said worked perfectly. I appreciate your help, thank you very much.

ZeroKool 09-22-2009 10:14 AM

I waited over 24 hours for list to refresh. I forced the GAL to update as said above. And when i do a blank search which shows me all the users in the gal, the user is still not there. Any other suggestions?

Thanks

hdawg 09-22-2009 08:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZeroKool (Post 1475791)
I waited over 24 hours for list to refresh. I forced the GAL to update as said above. And when i do a blank search which shows me all the users in the gal, the user is still not there. Any other suggestions?

Thanks

do you see the user in the GAL through OWA?

ZeroKool 09-24-2009 01:48 PM

thanks 4 response. User had the option "Hide from Exchange address lists" checked in their Exchanged Advanced tab. Go figure.