BlackBerry Forums Support Community

BlackBerry Forums Support Community (http://www.blackberryforums.com/index.php)
-   General 8100 Series Discussion - Pearl (http://www.blackberryforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=71)
-   -   Wife ran over my BB (http://www.blackberryforums.com/showthread.php?t=90610)

BoloMarkXXX 08-15-2007 08:42 AM

Wife ran over my BB

But all is well, after ordering a new LCD screen & a steel case I followed the repair Vid ( LINK to LCD & vid ) & she is 100% again.

I was work'n in the front of the house with BB in a leather holster moving junk. It got knocked off, my hands were full, was gunna come back and get it. Thats when the wife pulls up in our pickup and runs right over it. The leather holster, a thick hand-made, saved it from major damage, everything worked except the screen was cracked.

Been lurking here for awhile finally had something to post about.

jeremyckitching 08-15-2007 08:44 AM

Are you sure it was an accident that she ran over it? lol :razz:

jsconyers 08-15-2007 08:44 AM

I think this may have been her plan for a while now

SanFrancisco 08-15-2007 09:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BoloMarkXXX (Post 633968)
But all is well, after ordering a new LCD screen & a steel case I followed the repair Vid ( LINK to LCD & vid ) & she is 100% again. ... The leather holster, a thick hand-made, saved it from major damage, everything worked except the screen was cracked. Been lurking here for awhile finally had something to post about.

There was a day, not long ago, that a cracked LCD would have been considered major damage. I can't believe that in 2007 that at most it's about $95 to DIY replace the screen.

Lucky you.;-)

And let's handle this like that women in Texas [I think it was Texas] who ran over her cheating husband, with her car. She said it was an accident.

So in regards to this supposed accident:

1. Did you see your wife drive over the Pearl?

2. How prominent was the case on the driveway, was it easy to see?

3. Could you see if your wife was moving the steering wheel implying she was aiming for something [the something being the Pearl]?

4. Could you see her expression AFTER she attempted to whack your Pearl? [for purposes of this question we will assume it was an intentional hit].

5. After the "accident" was she suppressing a smile? Were those really tears of joy, not commiseration?

6. Could you overhear her calling friends humming that fairy tale tune from the Wizard of Oz, "Ding Dong The Witch [his Pearl] Is Dead"

7. After you looked it up on the Net and told her how little it would cost to repair the Pearl, did you hear her swearing and cussing in the bathroom?

8. When appearing to innocently move around the house, does she always seem to cast furtive glances at you and/or the Pearl?

9. Are you now sleeping with one eye open?

10. Do you now put the Pearl under your pillow?

11. When you can't find your Pearl, does she always know where it is?

Just some thoughts.

JSanders 08-15-2007 10:03 AM

^^ Good questions to consider.

Although the wife's actions might have been intentional, I note the OP actually abandoned his BB, knowingly, at risk in the driveway, thus putting it harm's way.

SF, you are the lawyer, so you tell me, I think he has little standing due to his own willful and wanton negligence.

My 2¢ worth.
http://images.jupiterimages.com/comm...5/22424580.jpg

cenner 08-15-2007 10:43 AM

My girlfriend got mad at me and launched it towards the pool. Luckily she has a terrible aim and missed the pool. =)

dwp1975 08-15-2007 10:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cenner (Post 634091)
My girlfriend got mad at me and launched it towards the pool. Luckily she has a terrible aim and missed the pool. =)

This is by FAR the funniest post I have ever read on this forward, you have to have a pretty bad aim to miss something as big and stationary as a pool.....LOLOLOLOLOL!:razz:

TheGreggers 08-15-2007 10:59 AM

Good thing I eat, sleep, poop, and have relations while my Pearl is duct taped to me, or hiding neatly beneath the pillow.

We like to avoid these types of situations.

Good call on the steel case though *thumbs up*
Keep that puppy under heavy duty armor from the wife's fire.

jsconyers 08-15-2007 11:00 AM

Maybe it was one of those kiddy inflatable pools. Let's give the lady some credit. I would hope she didn't miss an inground pool!

JSanders 08-15-2007 11:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cenner (Post 634091)

Again, I hate to poop on the parade, but you are at fault. If you left your BB laying around for a mad gf to grab and toss, you don't deserve either, the BB or the GF. ;-)

Make a choice, your BB or the gf. One of them has to go.

swerveit 08-15-2007 11:12 AM

id run the wife over....! see how she likes it!

jsconyers 08-15-2007 11:15 AM

Good idea swerveit! However, I believe the reprocussions of that could be slightly more than replacing a blackberry

swerveit 08-15-2007 11:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jsconyers (Post 634144)
Good idea swerveit! However, I believe the reprocussions of that could me slightly more than replacing a blackberry

buying a new blackberry....? costly
running the wife over.....priceless!

Cory Scheuer 08-15-2007 12:26 PM

ahahahah ^

TheGreggers 08-15-2007 12:34 PM

JSanders.. that's a no brainer.

The GF needs to go, of course :)

flash24 08-15-2007 12:40 PM

LOL she must be mad

hrtlss22 08-15-2007 12:56 PM

^^^ - haha funny story, but yeah..bummer dude

BBGregPearl 08-15-2007 01:31 PM

My BB never leaves my side.

JSanders 08-15-2007 01:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BBGregPearl (Post 634339)
My BB never leaves my side.

Yea, and if you were married to that dude's wife, you'd have grill marks on your butt!

JSanders 08-15-2007 01:37 PM

OH, and BoloMarkXXX, Greetings, and welcome to the Forum!

Thank you for sharing with us.