BlackBerry Forums Support Community

BlackBerry Forums Support Community (http://www.blackberryforums.com/index.php)
-   Social Networking (http://www.blackberryforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=144)
-   -   Hootsuite vs Social Scope (http://www.blackberryforums.com/showthread.php?t=255991)

MrCanhaM 12-04-2011 04:30 PM

Hootsuite vs Social Scope

Well for starters SocialScope is much faster than HootSuite but on the other hand Hootsuite has less bugs and minor fixes needed. So which one is best for you if you've used both
Posted via BlackBerryForums.com Mobile

ZombieBerry 12-05-2011 05:16 PM

Re: Hootsuite vs Social Scope

Social Scope, hands down.

JSanders 12-05-2011 05:29 PM

I don't have bugs in my SocialScope, what are you seeing?

fourstringfuror 12-05-2011 05:53 PM

Can't really say as I've never used Hootsuite. SocialScope is certainly very capable.

Trimix 12-11-2011 04:08 PM

I've used both, but still prefer Socialscope. Like you mentioned, Socialscope is quite fast. I haven't experienced many bugs, though there are a few quirks I'd like to see corrected in future updates. Socialscope has the added perk of being a very versatile app because it's not just a standalone Twitter app but can also do Facebook and 4square. But if we're just coming twitter app versus twitter app, I think Socialscope wins out with it's stronger feature set.

ZombieBerry 12-14-2011 12:08 PM

Social Scope allows you to use FaceBook, Flickr, Foursquare and multiple twitter accounts. Not Uber.

DaBlackberryBoy 12-15-2011 04:34 PM

I've used SocialScope and HootSuite and UberTwitter. SocialScope hands down in faster, BUT, they need to fix their parsing errors. Sometimes you can load fast but cannot open new notifications.

HootSuite will be nice one day, but too slow and does not always notify you as it should. It is still in beta anyway, so issues are to be epxected.

Ubertwitter is nice and has an edge over SocialScope in you can do multiple twitters. SocialScope only does 2 accounts.

Each app has strong and weak points, but overall at this time I would choose SocialScope.

I am working on something for the general public that will hopefully provide yet another alternative (as time allows me to knock it out)! (Mods, sorry for self promo)

Tonig 12-17-2011 01:11 PM

Hello,

I have 2 different twitter accounts on my SS, but I can see many of same tweets in both accounts, so in the “blue” account I see also “pink” tweets and vice versa. It looks that both accounts post almost the same tweets. Is anything I can do to see at each account only the respective tweets? If I want to see them all together I can use and click at the SS icon, so I don’t really need to have them mixed up also in each twitter account.

Can anybody assist?
Thank you

DaBlackberryBoy 12-18-2011 09:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tonig (Post 1759806)
Hello,

I have 2 different twitter accounts on my SS, but I can see many of same tweets in both accounts, so in the “blue” account I see also “pink” tweets and vice versa. It looks that both accounts post almost the same tweets. Is anything I can do to see at each account only the respective tweets? If I want to see them all together I can use and click at the SS icon, so I don’t really need to have them mixed up also in each twitter account.

Can anybody assist?
Thank you

I would try logging off of SS and logging back in and see if that helps. I noticed sometimes I will get every message I replied to in my inbox from time to time and logoff and back on and it corrects itself. You can also try removing the twitter accounts and readding.

BBMforLife 12-23-2011 03:11 PM

Social Scope Without A Doubt!

Tonig 12-24-2011 11:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaBlackberryBoy (Post 1759900)
I would try logging off of SS and logging back in and see if that helps. I noticed sometimes I will get every message I replied to in my inbox from time to time and logoff and back on and it corrects itself. You can also try removing the twitter accounts and readding.

Thank you for your reply. I have tried both, logging off and even removing one of the accounts, but still the same problem. It a bit of color confusing to see in one twitter account, 2 different tweets next to each other from, let's say, The Economist, one in pink and the other one in blue...

DaBlackberryBoy 12-25-2011 09:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tonig (Post 1760667)
Thank you for your reply. I have tried both, logging off and even removing one of the accounts, but still the same problem. It a bit of color confusing to see in one twitter account, 2 different tweets next to each other from, let's say, The Economist, one in pink and the other one in blue...

I would tell you to contact SS support but they do not really get back to folks. So try a good ol battery pull and or uninstall/re-install and see if that works. If not then you might be SOL for now. Merry Xmas to you and yours!

Tonig 12-26-2011 02:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaBlackberryBoy (Post 1760745)
I would tell you to contact SS support but they do not really get back to folks. So try a good ol battery pull and or uninstall/re-install and see if that works. If not then you might be SOL for now. Merry Xmas to you and yours!

Thank you Da BlackberryBoy. I just wanted to know if this was only my problem or there were some others having the same issue. I have done a battery pull, while uninstalling is a bit risky when you wait months for SS to send you an invitation :-). But I can live with it, no problem :-) .

Marry Xmas to you too !

ZombieBerry 12-26-2011 03:03 PM

You can unistall SS at anytime. As long as you have your user/pswd you can goto SocialScope - A Mobile Inbox for your Social Networks from your BB browser and download/install again. You don't even have to enter any login info for your various accounts.

DaBlackberryBoy 12-29-2011 11:47 PM

HootSuite v1.0 is out and HootSuite is out of beta. Of course I tried it and noticed my tweets were loading a little faster. Whether code was changed, could not tell you but seems a little faster on my Storm II.

briandewitt 02-12-2012 05:07 PM

Haven't tried Hootsuite yet as I've been running SocialScope for years.

I have a few SocialScope invites if anyone is interested. @briandewitt on Twitter

leonlimsfu 03-01-2012 02:03 AM

social scope way better

intelligentview 03-05-2012 08:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZombieBerry (Post 1758206)
Social Scope, hands down.

got that right

daphne 03-05-2012 08:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by intelligentview (Post 1770314)
got that right

Hello, there is no need to make useless posts as they will get deleted.
Thanks for understanding.

ronypaul 03-17-2012 07:42 AM

Hello
I have used both on my BB.But uninstall Hootsuite beacuse I wasn't comfortable with it and Social Scope is continuing in mine.The only advantage with Hootesuite, it has all Twitter, FB, Linkedin etc in one itself while Social Scope doesn't have linkedin.