BlackBerry Forums Support Community

BlackBerry Forums Support Community (http://www.blackberryforums.com/index.php)
-   GPS & Mapping (http://www.blackberryforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=80)
-   -   Blackberry Maps - resume tracking - how? (http://www.blackberryforums.com/showthread.php?t=246811)

8703user 03-29-2011 08:06 AM

Blackberry Maps - resume tracking - how?

Ok, you might say, just use Google Maps...and I do, usually. But if I'm in a very unfamiliar area it's easier for me to have Blackberry Maps tracking my position and using the 'track up' option so I can see the streets coming up in front of me in the correct orientation, rather than like with Google Maps (their own flaw really) tracking me sideways or even down on the map, which is very confusing. So, if I start the GPS tracking on Blackberry Maps, I'll see the streets coming up as I expected. But the problem is, if I accidentally or intentionally pan the map, then all of a sudden the tracking is screwed up. I saw once how to resume the tracking (I think), but it's been awhile. What I want to do is to be able to pan the map occasionally so I can see what's coming up further down the road, but then I want to quickly tell the BB Maps to start tracking my actual position again. Sure, I can go to the menu and stop gps tracking and then restart it, but that's not practical while you're trying to drive. With Google Maps it's easy, just press 0 and it takes you back to where you are, tracking you. But with BB Maps, I can't find how to do this? Is there a way?

Thanks

thoskins 03-29-2011 10:40 AM

Lower left corner icon that has a pic of a satellite on it.

Quote:

Originally Posted by 8703user (Post 1710902)
Ok, you might say, just use Google Maps...and I do, usually. But if I'm in a very unfamiliar area it's easier for me to have Blackberry Maps tracking my position and using the 'track up' option so I can see the streets coming up in front of me in the correct orientation, rather than like with Google Maps (their own flaw really) tracking me sideways or even down on the map, which is very confusing. So, if I start the GPS tracking on Blackberry Maps, I'll see the streets coming up as I expected. But the problem is, if I accidentally or intentionally pan the map, then all of a sudden the tracking is screwed up. I saw once how to resume the tracking (I think), but it's been awhile. What I want to do is to be able to pan the map occasionally so I can see what's coming up further down the road, but then I want to quickly tell the BB Maps to start tracking my actual position again. Sure, I can go to the menu and stop gps tracking and then restart it, but that's not practical while you're trying to drive. With Google Maps it's easy, just press 0 and it takes you back to where you are, tracking you. But with BB Maps, I can't find how to do this? Is there a way?

Thanks

Posted via BlackBerryForums.com Mobile

Motorcycle Mama 03-29-2011 12:10 PM

Re: Blackberry Maps - resume tracking - how?

Press the back (or Escape) key to resume navigation.

8703user 03-29-2011 12:37 PM

Re: Blackberry Maps - resume tracking - how?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Motorcycle Mama (Post 1710948)
Press the back (or Escape) key to resume navigation.

Thanks. I'll try that today. I have a Bold 9700 right now but next week I think I'm switching to a Torch. I haven't seen or played with OS6 yet but I assume BB Maps is the same on OS6.