BlackBerry Forums Support Community

BlackBerry Forums Support Community (http://www.blackberryforums.com/index.php)
-   General 9900 Series Discussion - Bold Touch (http://www.blackberryforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=158)
-   -   Reinstalling Blackberry Bridge on a 9900 (http://www.blackberryforums.com/showthread.php?t=253442)

roofus 09-15-2011 08:21 AM

Reinstalling Blackberry Bridge on a 9900

Blackberry Bridge was giving me problems on my BB so I decided to re-install it. I un-installed it successfully but when I try to re-install it say the program is Un-installed. No matter what I try there is no install or re-install option in any of the menus.:-(

Any advice appreciated!

fsager 09-15-2011 09:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by roofus (Post 1744443)
Blackberry Bridge was giving me problems on my BB so I decided to re-install it. I un-installed it successfully but when I try to re-install it say the program is Un-installed. No matter what I try there is no install or re-install option in any of the menus.:-(

Any advice appreciated!

How are you trying to re-install it? Usually you can re-install it in BB AppWorld. You can also use AppWorld to scan the QR code the PlayBook presents in the pairing process (Its the first QR code it presents)
Posted via BlackBerryForums.com Mobile

daphne 09-15-2011 11:05 PM

Re: Reinstalling Blackberry Bridge on a 9900

I had the same problem after uninstalling Facebook. There was no way to reinstall it in App World. I went to Facebook using the browser and there was a download link there. I think there is a direct link for bridge but I don't have it at the moment. There is an update for Bridge today Did you try a battery pull and/or refreshing App World?

the-economist 09-16-2011 06:09 AM

Free BlackBerry Bridge - Download BlackBerry Bridge - Free Apps from BlackBerry App World

roofus 09-16-2011 06:53 AM

It says "uninstalled"

roofus 09-16-2011 07:06 AM

unfortunately none of the suggestions worked. They all lead me to the "Uninstalled" option on BlackBerry Appworld.

Judging by the reviews on Appworld, I am not the first to encounter this problem with this software. I guess I am stuffed for the timebeing:-(

lg777 09-26-2011 07:47 PM

I managed to get this working. Go to blackberry appworld on your browser and sign in. Download the plugin to detect your blackberry and then plug your blackberry in. Go to My World and there should be a green arrow button to download and this will re-install your BB Bridge.

I had to re-install cause porting over from the 9700 with a bridge will not work when you try to pair it with the PB.

I did the above and it worked like a charm.

Hope this helps.

rambo47 09-26-2011 09:29 PM

The other option is to open App World and log out. Then go to the website link for BB Bridge for a direct download. Hopefully this will keep App World from interfering.

XXXKP 12-15-2011 01:27 AM

Hey i was getting the same issue reinstalling this BB bridge on my 9900, but still when i was searching about the same i came across this thread "forums.techarena.in/portable-devices/1445036.htm" and they have mentioned very good procedure to add the same.