BlackBerry Forums Support Community

BlackBerry Forums Support Community (http://www.blackberryforums.com/index.php)
-   BlackBerry On Non-RIM Hardware (http://www.blackberryforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   how can i load BBC on my new phone? (http://www.blackberryforums.com/showthread.php?t=194161)

cool-berry-user 06-18-2009 01:58 PM

how can i load BBC on my new phone?

ok i have had a blackberry for 2 yrs so my pearls is dead and now i want to get a new phone but would like to know if i can have all the features I have with the BB?
As my office has the BB plan for all of us and it would be great to still be able to PIN coworkers rather than call so can I do this? The phones i am looking at are running WM6.1

one of the phone i am looking at is the Pharos PTL127 Unlocked GSM Smartphone - 2 Megapixel Camera, Built-In GPS, 3.5G, Quad-Band, WiFi, Bluetooth or maybe a TREO.

What can i do??

dankarlinski 06-18-2009 03:40 PM

Wirelessly posted (MY 8900)

You can just get one of the newer blackberries. It would be the easiest way

cool-berry-user 06-18-2009 04:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dankarlinski (Post 1409331)
Wirelessly posted (MY 8900)

You can just get one of the newer blackberries. It would be the easiest way

well they gave me a storm a week ago but i dont like it too much and i dont like the size of the screen on the bold so i was looking around.. i guess i wil have to stay with a BB then???

cool-berry-user 06-19-2009 01:28 PM

So do i have know othere option?

MidnightDraven 06-19-2009 05:29 PM

PIN messages as far as I am aware are BB to BB.
If you want this feature, you need a blackberry.

You can still get the slightly older models new.

adervishi 10-21-2009 10:15 PM

Got news for you. You are in the wrong forum. Check out the XDA Forum for windows mobile devices. It is not easy to configure one, but, boy they are worth the effort. Blackberry users do not realize that they have a device from the 19th century.

Blackberry connect, though it sucks as a software, is the only hope for users like you (and me) left without options from enterprises that fell for BlackBerry without really understanding all options. It amazes me everyday and I cannot wait for Apple or Microsoft to take RIM to the cleaners by understanding how to sell to corporations. My hat off to RIM for beating them.

See another one of my posts here and then go to: forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=4150074&postcount=35

rambo47 10-23-2009 10:51 AM

BBC is no longer being supported by RIM. The trick will be to find a version that will load on your device. You'll also have problems with email attachments. All in all, BBC is a very poor substitute for a real BlackBerry.

NJBlackBerry 10-23-2009 12:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by adervishi (Post 1492917)
Got news for you. You are in the wrong forum.

Nothing like replying to a dead, four month old thread...

Wow.

saivenkat 10-29-2009 05:13 PM

You can just get one of the newer blackberries. It would be the easiest way.

keven33 01-12-2010 11:34 AM

bing~juest for my img code could make effectiv