BlackBerry Forums Support Community

BlackBerry Forums Support Community (http://www.blackberryforums.com/index.php)
-   General BlackBerry Discussion (http://www.blackberryforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   BB Storm 9550 Internet PIN problem, please help! (http://www.blackberryforums.com/showthread.php?t=228095)

ryanrtu 06-04-2010 07:36 PM

BB Storm 9550 Internet PIN problem, please help!

Greetings,

I am in Bolivia using Entel with an new, but unlocked Blackberry Storm 9550 phone. The calling function of this phone works properly, but I cannot connect to the internet or e-mail. I do have a Blackberry Internet service.

Today I visited to my carrier ENTEL and they indicated me that the main problem is with the PIN: and here is the problem because this PIN still is registered in another Country or in another site by other carrier (company); in agreement the message detailed by the "RIM Server from Canada". And while the PIN no be liberate, the Data Transmission in the BB Storm2 9550, no will be possible.

In this way, please, I want ask your kind help to liberate the PIN of the BB Storm2 9550,

Thanks!

tsac 06-04-2010 07:56 PM

Not that i'm suspicious but you said it was a new BB but now Rim wont allow it because it's registered already. sounds like a stolen BB. and there is no way to bypass this.

ryanrtu 06-04-2010 08:16 PM

Hello,

Thank you for your reply. The person who sold this to me says that this is not stolen... are there any other possibilities here? :(

dc/dc 06-04-2010 11:01 PM

Either way it's definitely not a new device. Is there a carrier logo (Verizon, Telus, or Bell) on the bottom of the phone?

ryanrtu 06-05-2010 07:56 AM

Yes, there is a Verizon logo on the phone. Any suggestions on how to remove the PIN code?

Dubdub 06-05-2010 09:03 AM

It appears this is not a new device, as mentioned above. the previous owner most likely had a BIS account for email and when their voice account was canceled, their BIS account was not. You need to get that canceled to use Internet, email, BBM, etc. Just one of the problems of buying a used BB ithout fst doing some homework. (Check our FAQ for an article "Buying a used BB from eBay". The info applies to buying any used BB from any source.)

You have 2 options if your carrier will not help.

1. Contact the seller to return the device and get a refund or have them call Verizon to cancel the BIS account and release the PIN.

2. Call Verizon yourself, explain the situation and see if they will do it for you. You may need to provide proof of purchase. And a word of caution, be polite. If the device has been reported as lost or stolen, then they will not release it.

NJBlackBerry 06-05-2010 09:07 AM

A new device that has already been registered on Verizon's network.
Right.

pshift 06-07-2010 10:15 AM

"New and unlocked" from Verizon? :shock: Where do I sign up for that deal?

You bought a used device, period. Try to get your money back, if possible. If not, contact VZW and follow the advice above.