BlackBerry Forums Support Community

BlackBerry Forums Support Community (http://www.blackberryforums.com/index.php)
-   General BlackBerry Discussion (http://www.blackberryforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Question for people who have had the Curve and Bold! (http://www.blackberryforums.com/showthread.php?t=175941)

killacam865 02-12-2009 06:57 PM

Question for people who have had the Curve and Bold!

Okay so I am switching over to at&t in a few days. I will text and email and use the web browser quite a bit. The bold is $300 and the curve $100. looking for info on which one to get from someone who has owned and used both of them. need suggestions on which one to buy! any input will be greatly appreciated. thanks!

killacam865 02-12-2009 07:02 PM

also i would like to know if i will be able to have seperate inboxes for my texts and my pushed emails.? thanks!

rachamphetamine 02-12-2009 07:05 PM

Yes, you can have a separate inbox for your texts. And like the 8830, you can have a separate inbox for each email address while they also arrive in the Messages folder as well.

killacam865 02-12-2009 07:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rachamphetamine (Post 1283306)
Yes, you can have a separate inbox for your texts. And like the 8830, you can have a separate inbox for each email address while they also arrive in the Messages folder as well.

but can i have just emails arrive in email inbox and just texts arrive in a seperate inbox? and can i have all of my email accounts arrive in one folder?

also when i get a text and the alert pops up do i have to click inbox or can i just click view on the alert??

Shaun 02-12-2009 08:31 PM

You have these options:

All e-mail inboxes and texts in one place
All e-mail inboxes in a message inbox and texts in their own inbox
All e-mail in separate inboxes and texts in their own inbox

As for your original question. I have had an 8310 and now a Bold. I have never looked back at the 8310, other than it being smaller. The Bold is superior (for my needs) in every possible way.

Also "pop-up" alerts are not native to the BlackBerry OS. You will need to install an app such as Aerize Alerts, or Peek-A-Who. For both of these apps you can click the alert to dismiss, mark as read, or launch directly into the inbox.

killacam865 02-12-2009 08:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shaun (Post 1283411)
You have these options:

All e-mail inboxes and texts in one place
All e-mail inboxes in a message inbox and texts in their own inbox
All e-mail in separate inboxes and texts in their own inbox

As for your original question. I have had an 8310 and now a Bold. I have never looked back at the 8310, other than it being smaller. The Bold is superior (for my needs) in every possible way.

Also "pop-up" alerts are not native to the BlackBerry OS. You will need to install an app such as Aerize Alerts, or Peek-A-Who. For both of these apps you can click the alert to dismiss, mark as read, or launch directly into the inbox.

Thanks that is some great info.

Shaun 02-12-2009 08:44 PM

Glad to help. I would also suggest you check out the 9000 forum and the 8300 forum to see topics, issues, and feedback for the individual devices.

Mark PPG 02-12-2009 09:06 PM

Wirelessly posted (9000)

Ditto for me. I had an 8310 for a year, and now a Bold. With no offense to the curve owners, the curve feels like a toy by comparison.

I would never go back to a curve.

ridnlow 02-12-2009 09:24 PM

I have been using the Curve for almost 2 years now and just switched to the Bold.. Impressed would be an understatement.. I thought it was going to be hard to let go of my curve but I was wrong..

Oh yea.. ROLL TIDE! :)