BlackBerry Forums Support Community

BlackBerry Forums Support Community (http://www.blackberryforums.com/index.php)
-   Social Networking (http://www.blackberryforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=144)
-   -   A New BackBerry Twitter Client – SocialScope (http://www.blackberryforums.com/showthread.php?t=162454)

SocialScope 11-30-2008 05:39 PM

A New BlackBerry Twitter Client – SocialScope

Hey everyone,

We’ve been working on a new twitter client that really improves upon the existing BlackBerry twitter apps and are opening up a limited number of invites for people who would like to help us make it better.

We hope BlackBerry twitter users really enjoy the app as much as we do. If you have any suggestions, feature requests or bug reports please let us know. Because this is a pre-release we ask that you don’t publicly discuss features not mentioned in this post.

Request an invite: SocialScope

Note: We only have capacity to handle a limited number of users. If you don’t get in don’t worry we’ll be expanding the pre-release program over time and will email you an invite code when space opens up.

kuzikan 11-30-2008 11:43 PM

i can not register via my phone. i get a unauthorized 401 error

SocialScope 12-01-2008 12:15 AM

If you exit and try again it should work. We've identified why thatxxx8217;s happening and will fix it in the next release.

pinheadhr 12-02-2008 09:46 AM

Thanks for an amazing app. This is the best BB twitter client, way better than twitterberry, tinytwitter and the rest.

zegolf 12-03-2008 04:10 PM

I keep getting asked for an invite code, but never received one during the registration process. Am I missing something?

Thanks! Can't wait to try this out!

Edit: Nevermind. Looking for numbers, and it wasn't.

mas90guru 12-03-2008 05:08 PM

Pretty cool - but the update to FB can already happen via Twitter App - so the only benefit that I get is one screen.

1. Ability to search for only Twitter messages sent to me
2. Ability to create saved search
3. Twitscoop (buzzing topics) would be nice
4. Camera integration

mas90guru 12-03-2008 05:09 PM

5. Refresh doesn't appear to be working

zegolf 12-04-2008 09:04 AM

When I woke up this morning and started up the app, I had a small "X" on the screen with no way to remove the error without closing the app.

I'm with mas90guru on the camera integration. Also, not quite sure I need the facebook portion, but I haven't gotten a chance to look at that yet. I'm really just looking for a decent Twitter app.

Thanks for letting me try this out though!

mas90guru 12-04-2008 04:39 PM

I like the font on this - easier to read than twitterberry on my Bold.

apple85 12-05-2008 11:39 PM

I like this program and it seems to work well, I have opted out of using the FB portion for now because my battery drain seems to be significant enough just having it update with twitter stuff...

tythoward 12-20-2008 10:10 AM

Okay I just downloaded and registered. Awaiting the software to add the twitter account. It may be a little slow because I'm at work and it's not picking up a wifi connection. I'm so excited and can't wait to use it :).

CometSawyer 01-06-2009 01:47 AM

screen cap it?

Hello! I just signed up for an invite, and am wondering how it looks. can u guys screen cap it or something? would love to see it.

thanks!

archpopoy 04-17-2009 12:58 PM

Any invite coming soon?

JaredH 04-17-2009 08:56 PM

social scope has been on private beta forever...weakkkkk. This program is shady.

penk 04-17-2009 11:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JaredH (Post 1356660)
social scope has been on private beta forever...weakkkkk. This program is shady.

no, it isn't. i've had several exchanges with persons on their development team, and quite a few bugs or suggestions i have submitted were corrected in or added to a build soon after.

i can't speak for the team, but i think they have a pretty big update coming soon. it's been some time since the last update, when they were a bit more common, so i suspect it's similar to when the BBOS 4.3 BETA skipped and went straight to 4.5 - that the update is that substantial.

JaredH 04-18-2009 09:25 AM

I'll believe it when I see it. They never respond to any of my questions either. Ubertwitter is where it's at for now.(y)

akosnitzky 04-18-2009 10:36 AM

Social Scope has ignored my invite requests. Ubertwiter for me for now

jeremyckitching 04-18-2009 11:06 AM

I was one of the lucky ones that actually got an invite for SocialScope. I still feel it is the best twitter client out there, as they have the most features, and they are only in the alpha stage.

UberTwitter is what I am using right now, though, as I feel it gets better battery life.

Raptor464 04-18-2009 11:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jeremyckitching (Post 1357061)
I was one of the lucky ones that actually got an invite for SocialScope. I still feel it is the best twitter client out there, as they have the most features, and they are only in the alpha stage.

UberTwitter is what I am using right now, though, as I feel it gets better battery life.

I'm using UberTwitter as well. Although I still use TwitterBerry as a Backup. I really want to get TweetGenius.

jeremyckitching 04-18-2009 11:57 AM

Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry Curve 8900)

TweetGenius is solid too. It is in its early stages. It is a bit sluggish right now, and that is why I don't use it consistently. But I think it will be one of the best out there when it is ready.