BlackBerry Forums Support Community

BlackBerry Forums Support Community (http://www.blackberryforums.com/index.php)
-   BES Admin Corner (http://www.blackberryforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   BES5 Web Desktop: "The personal redirection folders are unavailable" (http://www.blackberryforums.com/showthread.php?t=188884)

sddroog 05-06-2009 04:28 AM

BES5 Web Desktop: "The personal redirection folders are unavailable"

Just installed BES5 but I have a small problem. When logging into the Web Desktop Manager, Email Settings, Redirection Folders the following error is displayed:

"The personal redirection folders are unavailable. Contact your system administrator."

Do I have a permission error somewhere?

Everything else seem to work fine. Emails are being delivered to the handheld.

sddroog 05-06-2009 09:55 AM

I think I made things worse... I reinstalled BES5 and now none of my users can login to the Web Desktop Manager. "The username, password, or domain is not correct. Please correct the entry."

Help?

sweater 05-06-2009 09:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sddroog (Post 1374848)
I think I made things worse... I reinstalled BES5 and now none of my users can login to the Web Desktop Manager. "The username, password, or domain is not correct. Please correct the entry."

Help?

Most likely an issue with BAS not authenticating against Active Directory correctly. Can you log into BAS using the correct Active Directory credentials?

- mike

sddroog 05-06-2009 10:03 AM

No, not using Active Directory, only when I set the "Log in using:" to "Blackberry Administration Service".

LDAP settings seems fine. What else can I check?

sweater 05-06-2009 11:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sddroog (Post 1374861)
No, not using Active Directory, only when I set the "Log in using:" to "Blackberry Administration Service".

LDAP settings seems fine. What else can I check?

So you do have Active Directory authentication enabled on this BAS? Is this an Exchange or Domino setup?

If you could log in using Active Directory before and cannot now, log into BAS using the BAS-authenticated user (not AD) and reset the LDAP password in the properties of BAS from within the BAS web interface. If that password is not set correctly, the AD user account that BAS is using underneath will not reach out to AD and authenticate you or any of your web desktop users correctly.

- mike

sddroog 05-06-2009 12:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sweater (Post 1374915)
So you do have Active Directory authentication enabled on this BAS? Is this an Exchange or Domino setup?

It is Exchange 2007. I can't find anywhere how to enable AD authentication. I do find ldap properties in the "Blackberry Server Configuration". They are 100% correct.

Quote:

Originally Posted by sweater (Post 1374915)
... reset the LDAP password in the properties of BAS from within the BAS web interface.

If only I could find it. I don't see any ldap properties there.

Thanks for helping me!

BBTech 05-06-2009 12:07 PM

did you re-enter them in the blackberry server config wizard or only look at them?

sddroog 05-06-2009 12:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BBTech (Post 1374966)
did you re-enter them in the blackberry server config wizard or only look at them?

I did re-enter them (at least twice). Pressed "Verify" and all was well. Restarted the server. All without result...

sweater 05-06-2009 12:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BBTech (Post 1374966)

If you've re-entered the LDAP settings using the Server Cofnig tool (the one you launch from the Start menu) and you think they're correct, you might want to contact RIM tech support.

There is another option to uninstall and reinstall BAS and Web Desktop.

- mike

sddroog 05-07-2009 01:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sweater (Post 1374982)
There is another option to uninstall and reinstall BAS and Web Desktop.

Thanks! Just re-installing isn't enough (I tried that before), but an uninstall and reinstall of the Administration Services did it. Active Directory/LDAP is working again, the users can login to the Web Desktop Manager.

However, my original problem is still there:

When logging into the Web Desktop Manager, Email Settings, Redirection Folders the following error is displayed:

"The personal redirection folders are unavailable. Contact your system administrator."

Anyone?

sddroog 05-13-2009 03:23 PM

The LDAP problem is a bug after all. See here for the problem description and workaround: View Document

My other problem ("The personal redirection folders are unavailable. Contact your system administrator.") is still not resolved. Anyone?