BlackBerry Forums Support Community

BlackBerry Forums Support Community (http://www.blackberryforums.com/index.php)
-   Social Networking (http://www.blackberryforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=144)
-   -   Blacklisted Blackberry? (http://www.blackberryforums.com/showthread.php?t=231194)

TEMPZZ 07-20-2010 11:38 AM

Blacklisted Blackberry?

I recently bought a UNLOCKED blackberry off of GumTree, and stupidly I didn't check there and then if my sim would work in the blackberry.

I went home, put my sim in.. The internet and Blackberry Messenger app worked as my simcard is a contract sim and has both internet and blackberry e-mail boosters on it, but for some reason I can't recieve/make calls or send/recieve SMS. When I attempt to make a call, I get the message 'Authorization Failure'. When trying to call the phone it says, 'Calls are not currently being connected to this number'. My simcard works in other phones. I also tried an O2 and different T-MOBILE simcard in the phone, still don't work.

Is the blackberry blacklisted, or is there a problem with the settings?

And...

Would Internet and BBM work if it WAS blacklisted? The Internet at the end of the day is provided by T-MOBILE.

forzahibs 07-25-2010 11:36 AM

Dial this Automated number... Key in your IMEI number, press hash... listen to the read-back and confirm by pressing the one key!!

IMEI CHECKER - 07956 125820

TheRinger 07-25-2010 03:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by forzahibs (Post 1632393)
Dial this Automated number... Key in your IMEI number, press hash... listen to the read-back and confirm by pressing the one key!!

IMEI CHECKER - 07956 125820

Just a suggestion:

Put more reference in your post besides a "call this number with your imei". Without more info, i almost replied that i wouldnt trust some random number on a forum, but i googled it.

Just my friendly 2 cents

forzahibs 07-25-2010 03:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheRinger (Post 1632433)
Just a suggestion:

Put more reference in your post besides a "call this number with your imei". Without more info, i almost replied that i wouldnt trust some random number on a forum, but i googled it.

Just my friendly 2 cents

Sorry I was only trying to help the guy , nobody else appears interested in doing so . Don't worry though i won't bother next time

aiharkness 07-25-2010 03:50 PM

Nobody was slamming you, forzahibs. Ringer was just making a suggestion. There's a wide range of sophistication on the forum, and Ringer made a good point, I think. We are all here to help each other.

TheRinger 07-25-2010 09:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aiharkness (Post 1632463)
Nobody was slamming you, forzahibs. Ringer was just making a suggestion. There's a wide range of sophistication on the forum, and Ringer made a good point, I think. We are all here to help each other.

Ya, it wasnt a slam, just practicing safe computing, theres no rubbers for the interwebs yet lol