BlackBerry Forums Support Community

BlackBerry Forums Support Community (http://www.blackberryforums.com/index.php)
-   BlackBerry Help (http://www.blackberryforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=156)
-   -   BB 8330 MSN Money Favorites stopped working (http://www.blackberryforums.com/showthread.php?t=253200)

sretsky 09-08-2011 09:42 AM

BB 8330 MSN Money Favorites stopped working

I have a BB 8330. I've been using MSN Money through the browser to view my 15 favorite stocks for over 1 year.

Everything was fine until yesterday. I wasn't receiving my emails. So I took my BB to the local Sprint store.
They couldn't find anything wrong, so they cleared the BB, then reloaded it. This took about 30 minutes.

I now receive my emails, but my MSN Money favorites list was zonked, and I can't add a stock to my favorites list.
When I try to add a stock, it says 'Added', but when I look at my favorites list, it includes the Dow, Nasdaq and S&P 500, but no stocks.

I went back to the Sprint store. They had no idea how to fix it, other than my getting a new phone.

I've tried:
clearing memory;
shutting down, restarting the BB;
removing, reloading the battery; and
adding different stocks

Nothing works.

Any suggestions (maybe some setting)?

thanks

Sandy
:-(

tsac 09-11-2011 10:19 AM

Re: BB 8330 MSN Money Favorites stopped working

it may be the list was stored in a cookie list. delete all browser cookies and see if you can reload the stocks. The only other thing i can think of is when you log into the site it may have stored the info and it's corrupted. If so try deleting all and reloading.

aiharkness 09-11-2011 12:21 PM

Agree. If you are using a browser for this, your settings are probably stored in a cookie, unless you have an account and you log in. I would clear browser cache and cookies and do another hard reset for a minute.

FYI, I've had sites where the settings stop saving (for example the recent cities weather on foxnews.mobi). So it could be coincidence that it is happening now.
Posted via BlackBerryForums.com Mobile

sretsky 09-13-2011 03:51 PM

Thanks for your suggestions.

I have tried clearing cache and cookies, then doing a hard reset. It did not work.

MSN Money is browser based and there is no login. Feel free to try it. It works on my PC:
mny.mobile.msn.com/en-us/default.aspx

Info may be corrupted. I'm not sure how to delete it (Application is browser based)???
I did hook the BB to my PC and searched BB directories for any appropriate files for MSN Money. I did not find any.

Still searching for the answer...

thanks

Sandy
:-(

aiharkness 09-13-2011 04:24 PM

Ok. I thought maybe that was the URL you are using. I use it too sometimes, but I link to it from MSN Mobile. And actually, it was working fine for me the other day when you posted, but I looked just now and all my personalizations are gone. I don't know if it's the site or me. I'll try recreating settings and see.

In your case, I really don't know what to advise. I would be tempted to first try a security wipe if the simple cache and cookie deletion didn't work. And if the security wipe doesn't fix it, I then would be tempted to try wiping the OS and reinstalling. But I would be swayed in the other direction by the possibility that the web site just has a problem with your browser.

See what others say. On balance, I think I would try and use something else. Fox Business may be an alternative, but I think the limit on the number of stocks you can track is less.

aiharkness 09-13-2011 04:31 PM

.... Well, I can't personalize my location at the mobile MSN site. Other sites, like this one, are saving my login in a cookie, so I'm not going to worry about it. I blame the site for now.

tsac 09-13-2011 08:13 PM

I tried the site and also cannot add any stocks. Maybe they no longer offer this feature

aiharkness 09-14-2011 07:39 PM

I think the site is broke. I just checked again at MSN Mobile. Still can't reset personalization options. Can't set location, page color, home screen content...nothing. The options come up, but setting doesn't save. Broken.

aiharkness 11-06-2011 07:02 PM

Cookies working again on mobile msn.com site.....at least for me on 9900/7.0.0.250.