BlackBerry Forums Support Community

BlackBerry Forums Support Community (http://www.blackberryforums.com/index.php)
-   General Q10 Series Discussion - BlackBerry 10 (http://www.blackberryforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=160)
-   -   i'm struggling! (http://www.blackberryforums.com/showthread.php?t=265617)

Debsydoo 12-04-2013 05:26 PM

i'm struggling!

Hope someone can help me please...my Q10 virgin media email setup is driving me mad! I've spent a week trying to sort it, have rung virgin today and its all set up right but it's not "speaking" to my pc or ipad in that the sent items aren't showing, they do for a second then disappear so I don't know if the recipient has received it! What's causing this and what can I do!? I've been down every avenue twice and come to a dead end. I would be so grateful for some advice...thanks
Posted via BlackBerryForums.com Mobile

Dubdub 12-04-2013 08:00 PM

Re: i'm struggling!

Is this the BB unique email address from your carrier? If so, I think that it is only readable on the BB. You can send to other accounts but must have your BB to send, receive and read. At least that is how it was on the pre BB10 devices. Don't know if it has changed or not.

rambo47 12-05-2013 12:19 AM

The new BB10 devices do not support the older carrier email addresses. Those are gone. I used to have my sprint.blackberry.net email address set up on my BB7 BlackBerrys and loved it because it was only readable on my device. That made it ultra secure and very private. Unfortunately that's gone now with BB10.

Debsydoo 12-05-2013 03:31 AM

Thanks folks, it's my virgin media email it's an imap account so I can't see why there's a problem? Messages are sending but just not showing in sent items or on my pc/ipad....thanks

dc/dc 12-05-2013 06:38 AM

One thread is enough.

http://www.blackberryforums.com/blac...blems-q10.html

Debsydoo 12-05-2013 02:38 PM

There's no need to be rude dc/dc, this is a help forum after all and I can post as many threads as I need to, you don't have to reply

jsconyers 12-05-2013 02:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Debsydoo (Post 1809925)
I can post as many threads as I need to

There is no need to post more than one thread, it takes away from others searching for help too. If everyone posted 20 threads about the same thing and you only posted one, what are the odds someone will come across your post? It is called forum etiquette.

As far as your issue is concerned, I am not sure why it isn't showing in your sent items. Do you have a large amount of items in your sent items folder?

Debsydoo 12-05-2013 02:58 PM

Is there a rule which states that then within the forum or we just meant to know? You'll find that the threads are actually different the first ones about the whole account syncing the second just sent items...I've sorted it myself now and have got some useful advice on here it's a shame some of you like to police what is being posted and jump on anything you deem not to be forum etiquette. fair enough, have your opinions, but don't be so blunt when delivering them

Dubdub 12-05-2013 03:31 PM

Only one thread per problem. Keep up the attitude and you will sent packing.

I am a moderator.

cornishbill 03-22-2014 09:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dubdub (Post 1809929)
Only one thread per problem. Keep up the attitude and you will sent packing.

I am a moderator.

Is there any need to be such a bully, perhaps you as a moderator should lose the attitude:shock:

NJBlackBerry 03-22-2014 01:48 PM

One day when you are a moderator, you can make such decisions.
Until then, you have to deal with it. Not everything and everyone is a bully. Way too overutilized.