BlackBerry Forums Support Community

BlackBerry Forums Support Community (http://www.blackberryforums.com/index.php)
-   General 8300 Series Discussion - Curve (http://www.blackberryforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=93)
-   -   Charging indicator? How do I know? (http://www.blackberryforums.com/showthread.php?t=150416)

n88 09-16-2008 01:36 PM

Charging indicator? How do I know?

So my berry is completely dead, as in dead 0% battery. Now I'm charging it to the wall but how do I know that it's charging?

If it was turned on, I could see the battery icon with the bolt on my home screen. But it's not turned on because it wont let me (0% battery)
Is it the red led thing above that shows if it's charging? Because mine only came on for 3 seconds and then it died again. Everytime.

The question is, how can I tell if it's charging or not when my device is off?

TimGinCentralNJ 09-16-2008 01:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by n88 (Post 1102730)
So my berry is completely dead, as in dead 0% battery. Now I'm charging it to the wall but how do I know that it's charging?

If it was turned on, I could see the battery icon with the bolt on my home screen. But it's not turned on because it wont let me (0% battery)
Is it the red led thing above that shows if it's charging? Because mine only came on for 3 seconds and then it died again. Everytime.

The question is, how can I tell if it's charging or not when my device is off?

I just got my 8330 last week, and unless I'm mistaken--I think the owner's manual explains how to tell if your unit is charging. Although I haven't run mine down to "dead" yet, when it's powered off and plugged into the wall outlet, mine shows a green light.

HTH,
Tim

asymmetricblog 09-16-2008 02:35 PM

The charging indicator goes out when it's fully charged. They should fix that as it seems to confuse people, including me.

jessessayss 09-16-2008 02:45 PM

Green when charging, red/orange when very close to being dead. ^^^^mine stays green when it is fully charged.

John Clark 09-16-2008 02:48 PM

Who turns their BB off?

n88 09-16-2008 02:50 PM

Okay there's no indicator at all. The led is off when I have the device plugged to the wall. It's just ... dead.

It wont even turn on when it's charging. Why?

John Clark 09-16-2008 02:52 PM

If you run the battery completly dead you will need to plug it in and charge it for a while before it will start up again. Leave it plugged in for a while.

Cammer 09-16-2008 08:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by John Clark (Post 1102842)
Who turns their BB off?

I was wondering the same thing. I seem to remember back when I first got it that I learned how to turn it off, and I think I did it - once? Since then the only time it has been off is when I do a battery pull.

And I NEVER let the battery go dead. That would be completely disrespectful. I could never do that to my little sweetheart. I would miss her so much. And she would probably be mad at me and not talk to me for a while...

:oops:

Cravenfan 09-23-2008 09:30 AM

The green flashing light and when it's charged, the solid green is so bright, it wakes me up at night unless I put it face down, or hide it in a drawer.