BlackBerry Forums Support Community

BlackBerry Forums Support Community (http://www.blackberryforums.com/index.php)
-   Aftermarket Software (http://www.blackberryforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   BerryBlocker - Call Screener Software (http://www.blackberryforums.com/showthread.php?t=38434)

jibi 06-16-2006 03:07 PM

BerryBlocker - Call Screener Software

courtesey of the guys at BBHub: Link

Soapm 06-16-2006 08:56 PM

This will work for that guy that wants his X to stop calling.

DallasFlier 06-17-2006 01:01 PM

Really interesting, and functionality I'd definitely like to have, but I'm just a little hesitant on this one. It says "Version 0.02" and its apparently "Buy before you Try" with no downloads allowed before paying - and the total download count on Handango is a whopping 12, with NO reviews or feedback posted.

Has anyone tried this and can vouch for it working well?

phonemonkey 06-17-2006 04:37 PM

Why not just add exception entries with a special ringer of mute for the people you don't want to hear from?

This (along with beeping reminders for SMS or other notifications) that the old clunky Nextel Motos can do. You can create a profile that only allows inbound calls from phone book entries. If someone's not on that list, they go to vmail instantly.

paulbblc 06-18-2006 02:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by phonemonkey
Why not just add exception entries with a special ringer of mute for the people you don't want to hear from?

This (along with beeping reminders for SMS or other notifications) that the old clunky Nextel Motos can do. You can create a profile that only allows inbound calls from phone book entries. If someone's not on that list, they go to vmail instantly.

Exactly my question as well. However if this program won't allow the caller to leave a voicemail then that would be all the better.

elfire.sol 06-18-2006 02:50 PM

hi there

Quote:

Originally Posted by DallasFlier
Really interesting, and functionality I'd definitely like to have, but I'm just a little hesitant on this one. It says "Version 0.02" and its apparently "Buy before you Try" with no downloads allowed before paying - and the total download count on Handango is a whopping 12, with NO reviews or feedback posted.

Has anyone tried this and can vouch for it working well?

I'm the creator of this piece of software. I'm currently working on a trial version that will go up hopefully this week. I'm a long time lurker around here and decided to try my hand at some Blackberry software. BerryBlocker has only been up on handango just over a week so far I believe. If any of you guys would be willing to provide me some feedback or possibly write up a review, I'd be more than happy to provide a free copy. There are some awesome (I hope) new features I'm working on for an upcoming release. Anyway, let me know. =)

Sweetniki 06-18-2006 05:39 PM

hey, i'd be willing to give it a try!!!!

MythmbHurts 06-18-2006 07:42 PM

Hello I would be most happy to provide you will feed back about your program.
I use a 7100I on the iDEN network. I can be reached via email or on BB messenger. Thanks
Austin

DallasFlier 06-18-2006 08:49 PM

Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry8700/4.1.0 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/102)

I'd also be very interested in testing your software & providing feedback. I'm using an 8700c on Cingular.

PM me here, please, and thanks!

koleary19067 06-18-2006 09:14 PM

I would love to try it and give you feedback. Let me know and I am using a 7130e

balibe 06-18-2006 09:18 PM

This software sounds like a great idea. If works as intended, I will be purchasing. I would be happy to provide feedback and a review.

I have free incoming calls on my account so I forward my house line to my 7100i. So I often get solicitation calls which this could be useful for.

jaturner 06-18-2006 10:32 PM

Can we add SMS Screening to this?

This is similiar to the "Callfilter" program that was on the Treo's. I think it is a great idea and would be even greater if we could add some screening filters for SMS's.

Rocket Man 06-19-2006 12:41 PM

Would love to...

I have some calls I'd love to block, so I'd like to participate in your trial. I have a 7250 on Bell Mobility network.

PIN: 30075809
[email address]

parmenpj 06-19-2006 07:48 PM

would love to try it

8700c 4.1.0.309

PIM me at 20391AED
or
[email address]

phonemonkey 06-20-2006 03:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by paulbblc
However if this program won't allow the caller to leave a voicemail then that would be all the better.

I guess only it could only do this if it automagically picks up then hangs up on the caller. Can an app even do that on its own, especially if it's in the holster? It's a crafty idea though, but a little scary to have people that obnoxious (dangerous?) around.

koleary19067 06-20-2006 12:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by elfire.sol
I'm the creator of this piece of software. I'm currently working on a trial version that will go up hopefully this week. I'm a long time lurker around here and decided to try my hand at some Blackberry software. BerryBlocker has only been up on handango just over a week so far I believe. If any of you guys would be willing to provide me some feedback or possibly write up a review, I'd be more than happy to provide a free copy. There are some awesome (I hope) new features I'm working on for an upcoming release. Anyway, let me know. =)

Elfire

Have you already given people the software to test. Have not heard anything and was just curious if people should stop posting to be testers.

Thanks !!

elfire.sol 06-20-2006 04:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by koleary19067
Elfire

Have you already given people the software to test. Have not heard anything and was just curious if people should stop posting to be testers.

Thanks !!

I am sending trial software out right now to everyone. I've also uploaded a new trial version to handango.com, so it should be up there by tomorrow at the latest. Thank you all for your interest, it's quite refreshing.

If anyone has any bugs, comments, or suggestions for features - please feel free to send me a message, I'm very open to them.

Everyone who is testing this out, please keep in mind you have to go through a special setup....

Installation requires modification of application permissions. After installing, go into Options --> Security --> Application Permissions. Locate and click on berryblocker, then select Edit Permissions. Expand the Interactions group and change Keystroke Injection to Allow (default is Deny). Save the new settings, perform a hard reboot of the Blackberry and you're ready to go.

infernox 06-20-2006 04:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by paulbblc
Exactly my question as well. However if this program won't allow the caller to leave a voicemail then that would be all the better.

I would like to see this program block and also not allow the blocked caller to leave a voicemail. Is that possible?

MythmbHurts 06-20-2006 05:00 PM

Just got the email. I loaded the ,alx file via DM on my desktop and did what you said in your last post. Seams to load fine and work so far I'm about to test the call blocking will give you an update soon

Thank you

infernox 06-20-2006 05:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by elfire.sol
I am sending trial software out right now to everyone. I've also uploaded a new trial version to handango.com, so it should be up there by tomorrow at the latest. Thank you all for your interest, it's quite refreshing.

If anyone has any bugs, comments, or suggestions for features - please feel free to send me a message, I'm very open to them.

Everyone who is testing this out, please keep in mind you have to go through a special setup....

Installation requires modification of application permissions. After installing, go into Options --> Security --> Application Permissions. Locate and click on berryblocker, then select Edit Permissions. Expand the Interactions group and change Keystroke Injection to Allow (default is Deny). Save the new settings, perform a hard reboot of the Blackberry and you're ready to go.

I'll take a shot at it and provide you some feedback.