BlackBerry Forums Support Community

BlackBerry Forums Support Community (http://www.blackberryforums.com/index.php)
-   BlackBerry Versus (http://www.blackberryforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=123)
-   -   pearl > iphone > curve! (http://www.blackberryforums.com/showthread.php?t=120290)

madlib 03-01-2008 03:54 PM

pearl > iphone > curve!

So moving from my pearl to my iphone I am now back to blackberry 8-) and i love my new curve! :bb:

mettleh3d 03-01-2008 05:05 PM

Your equality signs are erroneous.

JSanders 03-01-2008 05:06 PM

welcome back!

Sith_Apprentice 03-01-2008 05:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mettleh3d (Post 855852)
Your equality signs are erroneous.

think those are showing progression and not signs of equality. anyway, welcome back

mettleh3d 03-01-2008 05:13 PM

=> xxx8800; > :-(

ricpac 03-01-2008 05:17 PM

Well if you're talking about size then this is how it should look like--if you really want to use the signs: Pearl < Curve < iPhone

Cheers to madlib!

madlib 03-01-2008 07:20 PM

its not a "greater than/less than" sign lol
It shows signs of progression as sith said

ricpac 03-01-2008 07:30 PM

Yup, that's to satisfy mettleh3d's signs/symbols.

rposeidon 03-03-2008 08:26 PM

lol I seriously went thru almost the IDENTICAL scenario! Only I had about two weeks of the Motorola Q Global thrown in between iPhone and Curve...

JEGO82 03-03-2008 08:39 PM

My scenario was exactly like yours, welcome back :D

CarlosO 03-16-2008 12:26 PM

so the Motorola Q Global wasnt up to snuff. i was shocked it didnt at least have a 2mp camera

I have been doing research on a new phone & its come down to the Blackjack 2 & the Curve it would have been a lot easier choice if curve had 3G.

tieshabritton 03-17-2008 03:59 PM

i had a thread here, a kid tried to rob me for my curve, (long story) but he threw my curve and now it keeps freezing. so now i want a new one, i have the ipod touch and i was considering getting the iphone but i KNOW the curve is better, but what made you switch from the iphone to the curve?

rarexxx 03-17-2008 05:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CarlosO (Post 859857)
so the Motorola Q Global wasnt up to snuff. i was shocked it didnt at least have a 2mp camera

I have been doing research on a new phone & its come down to the Blackjack 2 & the Curve it would have been a lot easier choice if curve had 3G.

The Motorola Q Global for AT&T DOES have a 2mp camera.

madlib 03-18-2008 03:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tieshabritton (Post 861087)
i had a thread here, a kid tried to rob me for my curve, (long story) but he threw my curve and now it keeps freezing. so now i want a new one, i have the ipod touch and i was considering getting the iphone but i KNOW the curve is better, but what made you switch from the iphone to the curve?

the iphone is fun for a few months then you start to miss the blackberry! the email, reliability, control over your phone!!! and most of all THE TYPING! I hate the keyboard. The browser is great on the iphone but I can live without it, for the seldom times i need net the BB browser does fine (y)

chriztofur 03-18-2008 08:41 AM

I did the same thing. Had my pearl, sold it for the iphone, iphone broke(stupid glass screen), sold it(for the same price I paid! even with the crack! it was unlocked ;). took a short detour and got the nokia n80, then traded that in for the curve. I missed my push email.

Now if only the blackberry browser wasn't terrible.(I know there's opera)

dstrauss 03-18-2008 08:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chriztofur (Post 861945)
...Now if only the blackberry browser wasn't terrible.(I know there's opera)

I've seen this so many times. The BB browser "ain't great" but EVERYTHING short of the iPhone sucks as a mobile browser. Palm - yuck; PIE - slightly less yuck. So if the gold standard is the iPhone browser (and it is) then all of the rest are still lead. On that basis, given the true superiority of the Curve's other features (trust me, I've had nearly all of them, including a quick week with the Blackberry II recently), the BB Curve is the best converged device created to date.

Sith_Apprentice 03-18-2008 08:55 AM

what exactly is the Blackberry II? do you mean the pearl 2?

lukecage 01-29-2009 12:13 PM

I've never had the iphone. Don't think I want one either. I've had the Pearl and upgraded to the Curve. Love it. Wish I would have upgraded sooner.

Blakely 01-29-2009 02:56 PM

You know, I was going to "upgrade" from my Pearl to a Curve last Sunday. I even got on line here and received help as to how to transfrer my data. Anyway, went to my local Verizon store, told the rep what I wanted to to and she said "well the curve and the pearl are basically the same phone, all you're doing is getting a little larger phone - all the features are the same". It totally burst my bubble & I went home empty handed.