BlackBerry Forums Support Community

BlackBerry Forums Support Community (http://www.blackberryforums.com/index.php)
-   General 8300 Series Discussion - Curve (http://www.blackberryforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=93)
-   -   why to buy the CURVE?? (http://www.blackberryforums.com/showthread.php?t=76464)

dudinhoil 05-14-2007 05:59 AM

why to buy the CURVE??

hi, i'm new here and will be my first smartphone ... I'd listen and read a lot about smartphones but don't know yet witch devise to buy ... I looking for GPS, very good and easy administrator (to money, creditcard, to do, ....) and stouchscreen.

thanks for now Fabiones

johnfromphilly 05-14-2007 06:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dudinhoil (Post 535899)
hi, i'm new here and will be my first smartphone ... I'd listen and read a lot about smartphones but don't know yet witch devise to buy ... I looking for GPS, very good and easy administrator (to money, creditcard, to do, ....) and stouchscreen.

thanks for now Fabiones

Curve has No GPS- you must hook it up to external GPS to go with map program- try 8800
No touchscreen on any BB- try IPHONE or Palm
Money and credit card stuff is basic and available on most devices thru different installed and 3rd party applications.

I think you need to read a little more and figure out what each phone/pda has as your wants do not fit the curve but do fit other devices.

coldconfession13 05-14-2007 06:25 AM

Wirelessly posted (Opera/8.01 (J2ME/MIDP; Opera Mini/3.1.7196/1662; en; U; ssr))

You might just have to get a treo. The 8800 has GPS but no BB has a touchscreen.

Dubdub 05-14-2007 06:26 AM

Well, first off, no BB has a touch screen. That function is generally reserved for the Pocket PC/PDA crowd.

Second, I do not think doing anything with credit card or financial accounts shoudl be done via a cell phone or wireless device. Security is a big issue and unless you encrypt your messages.

johnfromphilly 05-14-2007 07:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dubdub (Post 535911)
Well, first off, no BB has a touch screen. That function is generally reserved for the Pocket PC/PDA crowd.

Second, I do not think doing anything with credit card or financial accounts shoudl be done via a cell phone or wireless device. Security is a big issue and unless you encrypt your messages.

I thought the OP was talking about tracking that stuff with a "Quicken like" software program.

dudinhoil 05-14-2007 07:14 AM

so guys what u say?
what devise is better to me?

dudinhoil 05-14-2007 07:15 AM

so what u say guys?

NJBlackBerry 05-14-2007 07:17 AM

A Treo. With a touchscreen.

johnfromphilly 05-14-2007 07:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dudinhoil (Post 535934)
so what u say guys?

Like I said before:

I think you need to read a little more and figure out what each phone/pda has as your wants do not fit the curve but do fit other devices.

Look at all the devices out there and compare what you need to what they have. We cannot answer that for you- but i can tell you that if you want GPS, Touchscreen etc then the 8300 is not for you because it does not have those things.

LunkHead 05-14-2007 07:52 AM

Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry 8800: BlackBerry8800/4.2.1 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/100)

Quote:

Originally Posted by NJBlackBerry
A Treo. With a touchscreen.

Ditto!

takeshi 05-14-2007 08:53 AM

You might want to start at Blackberry.com and read up on the device features and specs to see if they jive with your needs and wants.

eros18 05-14-2007 09:17 AM

Has anyone used a device with a keyboard and found it absolutely necessary to have a touchscreen? I can't find the need at this point to have touchscreen on my BB.

I guess I wouldn't mind it if I did have it and I'm sure you might be able to work faster in some programs.

Any touchscreen fans here? (I'm expecting some bias answers considering the forums I'm on :smile: )

Eros

fidolatry 05-14-2007 09:35 AM

I have an HTC TyTN that I took with me to Bermuda in March. Bad idea. The extra reflective layer of a touchscreen makes it virtually unusable outdoors!

For photographic proof see this excellent editorial on AllAboutSymbian.com

secrecyguy 05-14-2007 11:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dudinhoil (Post 535933)
so guys what u say?
what devise is better to me?

ummm... can't you read, they already answer your question..

Palm Treo with touchscreen

They answer your question before you asked this and after you asked this.

What you need to do, Blackberry is NOT for you.