BlackBerry Forums Support Community

BlackBerry Forums Support Community (http://www.blackberryforums.com/index.php)
-   Aftermarket Software (http://www.blackberryforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   uninstalling beamberry software (http://www.blackberryforums.com/showthread.php?t=133127)

fabyspears 06-03-2008 08:51 AM

uninstalling beamberry software

Hi there!
I'm newbie, got my bb 8100 a week ago and I'm already having a big problem.
I installed through my mac a trial version if the "beamberry" software, I found out it's not working (maybe due to my IT policy, it's a BES bb) and I wanted to uninstall it.
Problem is it doesn't appear in the software list on my bb in the advanced options menu, I looked for the module and found 2 voices "beamberry" but clicking on them I have no "delete" choice :-(
If I try to uninstall it through my mac, I see the beamberry, choose to uninstall it but nothing happens except a short "flash light" on my bb.
I even removed battery to reset it, but nothing changed.
What's worse is that I guess this f..ing software keeps running in the background, I even found some emails waiting to be send to some beamberry servers... :?
Can anyone help me?
I cannot erase everything on my bb otherwise my company's going to kill me :-o
Thanks a bunch!

JSanders 06-03-2008 09:14 AM

Try looking at Options > Advanced > Applications > Menu > Modules. Can you delete it from there?

fabyspears 06-03-2008 09:28 AM

no, when I click on both the beamberry modules it doesn't give me any "delete" option :-(

fabyspears 06-03-2008 01:19 PM

any help?

penguin3107 06-03-2008 01:23 PM

If you can't delete the application or the modules... and you're unwilling to wipe the device... then there's not much we can do for you.
(Wiping the device wouldn't directly remove the app, but maybe you could manually remove it after the wipe.)

Talk to your BES admin and maybe they can help. It's part of their job.

fabyspears 06-03-2008 02:41 PM

I don't think that formatting is a way to solve things...it's a way to avoid solving the problem.
I just thought you guys'd bring more ideas...I dunno how the Rim OS works, but for example any way to remove application by erasing the software folder?maybe through some software that allows to browse folders?!

JSanders 06-03-2008 02:48 PM

Your BeamBerry application may be stuck there by an IT Policy, it appears.

Have you tried uninstalling the app from Desktop Manager > Application Loader? I see you mention the Mac, but what about on a PC? For me, BeamBerry installed OTS, and I can delete from the BB device itself, so perhaps you have a restriction from your IT Policy. You need to see your IT Admins.

fyb87 07-23-2008 07:54 PM

I do not have BES as my BB is for my personal use. I tried deleting the Beamberry application from my phone through the options - advanced - applications and deleted. However, it's still on my phone. I have also tried using Deskstop Mgr and it is not on the list at all. How do I remove. I have been searching for a few hours and can't find out exactly what steps to do for removing via Javaloader (I don't even know what that is). I'm not an IT person so I definitely could use the help.