BlackBerry Forums Support Community

BlackBerry Forums Support Community (http://www.blackberryforums.com/index.php)
-   Rants and Raves Forum (http://www.blackberryforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=75)
-   -   What is wrong with Cingular? (http://www.blackberryforums.com/showthread.php?t=131163)

scarmich 05-21-2008 05:11 PM

What is wrong with Cingular?

They are forever switching or trying to switch my corporate users to a home type account that doesn't work with BES! If we get a new user with a new device they start switching everyone at the company over to the new account type that is not compatible with BES. We get it sorted out and they start to do it again and aren't even aware that the account type won't function with BES.

Now I have a user on a home account that removed her text messaging and it quit working with BES at the office. EVERYTIME this sort of thing happens they blame the BES server to try and get the user off the phone. Every single time I eventually have to get a RIM tech on the phone using the TSupport subscriber code to figure out that Cingular has the user accounts screwed up and have them get Cingular on the phone to fix it.

Seriously, something is just so wrong over there

JSanders 05-21-2008 05:40 PM

Agreed.

They are just too big for their britches!

ezrunner 05-21-2008 08:00 PM

Wirelessly posted (et tu brute'?)

Yup

LunkHead 05-21-2008 08:28 PM

Werd yo!

ezrunner 05-21-2008 08:35 PM

cingular is no longer a company either I know a minor technicality

TBOLTRAM 05-21-2008 08:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ezrunner (Post 939360)
cingular is no longer a company either I know a minor technicality

Well at&t ain't AT&T either my friend.

dpeters11 05-21-2008 08:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scarmich (Post 939159)
They are forever switching or trying to switch my corporate users to a home type account that doesn't work with BES! If we get a new user with a new device they start switching everyone at the company over to the new account type that is not compatible with BES. We get it sorted out and they start to do it again and aren't even aware that the account type won't function with BES.

Now I have a user on a home account that removed her text messaging and it quit working with BES at the office. EVERYTIME this sort of thing happens they blame the BES server to try and get the user off the phone. Every single time I eventually have to get a RIM tech on the phone using the TSupport subscriber code to figure out that Cingular has the user accounts screwed up and have them get Cingular on the phone to fix it.

I have this problem with Cincinnati Bell. They remove BES features, last week they pushed out an app that gave my users 527 errors, took several days to get everyone working. So its not just AT&T.

scott_perry 05-22-2008 10:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scarmich (Post 939159)

You probably have grounds to break your contract(s) with them and move to another provider.

OR

Any new user goes to a different provider and you slowly migrate away from them. If you do this, let your account rep know that you are doing it and why.

sanchez69 07-09-2008 07:39 PM

yup

The BlackBerry Kid 07-09-2008 08:56 PM

they are at&t, that is why...ikd my bff jill?

ReggieSmith 07-09-2008 09:14 PM

Are all of your corporate users on a single account? If that's the case, you should consider locking down the account so that only specific people are allowed to make modifications to the devices & features.

That's what we did and it stopped that sort of thing completely.

Just a thought.

styxgroupi 07-10-2008 12:50 AM

Wirelessly posted

To big for their britches??? Definatly what I am worried about when verizon takes over alltel. Oh well nothing is perfect!