BlackBerry Forums Support Community

BlackBerry Forums Support Community (http://www.blackberryforums.com/index.php)
-   Aftermarket Software (http://www.blackberryforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Free Software to Block Unwanted Calls... (http://www.blackberryforums.com/showthread.php?t=180730)

fonejunkie 03-11-2009 09:56 PM

Free Software to Block Unwanted Calls...

CallsBlocker – Free App Blocks Unwanted Calls | BerryReview.com »

I found the link/story in Viigo - CallsBlock was written for the Storm. Reports are that it also works on the Bold... and though the webpage says it won't work on my Curve, it does. Great, FREE app for blocking specific numbers, numbers in your address book, prefix (block calls from 1-800 numbers), private/blocked numbers, etc.

Check it out.

dualsub2006 03-11-2009 10:28 PM

Works on the Pearl as well. I know it works, because my monster in law screamed at my wife about not being able to call me all day today. :)

fonejunkie 03-12-2009 12:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dualsub2006 (Post 1316784)
Works on the Pearl as well. I know it works, because my monster in law screamed at my wife about not being able to call me all day today. :)

and that is ALWAYS a good thing :)

Klotar 03-12-2009 08:23 AM

Does it actually block the call, or just immediately send them to voicemail without ringing?

akosnitzky 03-12-2009 08:44 AM

If It could block my wife, it will be worth it. Klotar poses a good question

fonejunkie 03-12-2009 12:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Klotar (Post 1317101)
Does it actually block the call, or just immediately send them to voicemail without ringing?

Yeah, it pops up a little dialog an gives you less than 1 second (configurable time frame) to choose Answer or Ignore. If you choose ignore (or wait for the timer to fire), the call goes to voice mail... but it does NOT ring, at least in my configuration... Not perfect, but getting closer.

Klotar 03-12-2009 12:52 PM

Ah, thanks for the info, fonejunkie.

In that case, it is a nice free alternative to some of the higher priced commercial applications. I wanted to also see if the new app was capable of hanging up on the caller, but there is still only one application that does that (and/but it's not free).

fonejunkie 03-12-2009 12:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by akosnitzky (Post 1317136)
If It could block my wife, it will be worth it. Klotar poses a good question

8-)

Yeah, I was testing it last night and had my wife calling with our home number blocked... and instead of her recognizing an academic exercise, she started the third degree about "who's calling you that you want to block?"... :oops:

My only thought was "Pow! To the moon, Alice!"

velocity92c 03-12-2009 01:21 PM

Will this work on the 8900? If so, is it quick and easy to add/delete phone numbers? Now when I'm wanting to avoid a specific person, I can avoid a battery pull and using the excuse my phone died...

davidwu 03-12-2009 06:33 PM

Good start. Hopefully the following can be addressed:

1. Limited number of entries in the blocked callers list.
2. No ability to use BB Groups.

Nice to have features:

1. Ability to use Outlook Categories.
2. Whitelists.
3. Scheduling (e.g. whitelist contacts can only call between 11p-7a).

VIOLATOR 03-12-2009 07:15 PM

I ptcked it up from Viigo this afternoon as well. Works on my 8310.

Only hitch is that "BuzzMe" beats it by about 1/4 of a second...

David

fonejunkie 03-12-2009 09:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by VIOLATOR (Post 1318125)
I ptcked it up from Viigo this afternoon as well. Works on my 8310.

Only hitch is that "BuzzMe" beats it by about 1/4 of a second...

David

The time frame is editable...

armybrat_lily 03-24-2009 10:16 PM

There is also a application on mobihand.com called CallBlocker that allows you to block calls and specific numbers...It may say that its not compatiable with specific models, but i have a 8320, which it's not compatiable with, but I tested it and the private/unkown calls didn't come through or even go to voicemail/just got a message about the call not being completed...It really works! I love it!

dynamic121588 06-28-2009 09:51 PM

with the calls blocker app from the first post has anyone had any problems with it i dl it and it doesn't work at all everything seem'd to be fine but when i called my phone from a number that i put on the blocked list it went through fine and then when i tried to go to the app to see what happen it didn't do anything it just freezes is there anything i needed to delete or another thread with the answer thanks for the help in advance