BlackBerry Forums Support Community

BlackBerry Forums Support Community (http://www.blackberryforums.com/index.php)
-   BES Admin Corner (http://www.blackberryforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   Sync with outlook problem - BES (http://www.blackberryforums.com/showthread.php?t=171592)

mazens 01-20-2009 11:33 AM

Sync with outlook problem - BES

Hi,

Can anyone help me with this ?

Here is the posted thread :

Hi ,

I have a 8800 device , and I have a problem syncing read/unread emails with outlook ..

I also have BES , and the problem is this way :

If I read email on Blackberry it will marked unread in the outlook , but If I read it in the outlook it will not marked as unread in the blackberry ...

Any Help much appreciated ....

Thanks
Mazen .

SteveO86 Offline
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Are you the BES Admin?

What version of BES are you running?
What Email platform, I assume Exchange?
Has it always been like this?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

mazens Online

Model: 8800
PIN: N/A
Carrier: AT&T Yesterday, 11:55 AM

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thnaks for Replying :

The BES Version is : 4.1.4.15
The Email Platform is Exchnage " Hosted locally "

this problem is just for one of the devices which is the 8800 , the others working fine ...

And this issue since one month ..

Thanks

SteveO86 Offline

Have you tried re-activating the deivce? Just set another activation password, and re-do the activation on that particular device.

mazens Online

I just try it , but the same problem still ....

mazens

SteveO86 Offline

Model: 8330
PIN: On request, Just ask.
Carrier: Verizon Wireless BIS Yesterday, 08:04 PM

Not too sure, you might want to give a quick search/post in the BES Admin corner.

gibson_hg 01-20-2009 12:02 PM

Have you checked the email reconciliation options on the device. What do you have showing when you go to Messages>Options>Email Reconciliation?

stuwhite 01-21-2009 08:49 AM

And also, can you activate that user fine on another device / another user fine on that device?

Gasan 02-13-2009 02:37 AM

I have a problem with an 8800 in the sense that we are unable to delete certain emails from a specific date and when we eventually got to work we could not get all the emails back to device.client is on bes

skyman84 02-13-2009 05:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gasan (Post 1283781)
I have a problem with an 8800 in the sense that we are unable to delete certain emails from a specific date and when we eventually got to work we could not get all the emails back to device.client is on bes

I believe when you reactivate a BB device, either one of two things will happen

1, If you didnt removed the user from the BES, it will just pick up from where the old BB left off, so no email's prior to the last one recieved by the old BB

2, If you did removed the user from the BES, then you will only get the emails going back to the limit set by the pre-population on the BES, I think it's 7/14 days max, up to 750 messages.