BlackBerry Forums Support Community

BlackBerry Forums Support Community (http://www.blackberryforums.com/index.php)
-   General 8300 Series Discussion - Curve (http://www.blackberryforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=93)
-   -   LED gets stuck on Red after BBM messages (http://www.blackberryforums.com/showthread.php?t=83015)

pspiegel 06-26-2007 12:32 AM

LED gets stuck on Red after BBM messages

For some reason on my new curve I have noticed that after I recieve either a Blackberry Messenger message every now and then it will get "stuck" at flashing red even though i have already read the message.. is there a reason that this would occur? I am using the default curve OS except I am using the T-Mobile Zen Theme (unlocked all of the themes) and I also locked/deleted the PTT feature (not sure if this has anything to do with it..

Any help would be appreciated! Thanks!

ShaneToronto 06-26-2007 12:37 AM

this is a common problem. Happens to me all the time. I've seen several others post on this as well. Just a glitch in the software.

pspiegel 06-26-2007 12:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ShaneToronto (Post 579509)
this is a common problem. Happens to me all the time. I've seen several others post on this as well. Just a glitch in the software.

whats the way to resolve it? or is there?

xkon 06-27-2007 12:39 AM

my pearl did that too, but on the 8300 it seems to go away after a few mins... on the pearl i had to soft reset it

pspiegel 06-27-2007 12:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xkon (Post 580566)
my pearl did that too, but on the 8300 it seems to go away after a few mins... on the pearl i had to soft reset it

i just shut off the LED alert for BBM and that gets rid of the issue

sallyforth 06-27-2007 11:30 AM

Really roundabout "fix," but at least a LITTLE quicker than a reboot--I've added myself as a BB Messenger contact. If I send myself a message, quickly leave the program before it registers as received (if that makes any sense!), and then go back in once I get my audible alert, the blinking LED stops.

Not a great fix, but it stops the blinking, and heck, it's nice to check in with myself once in a while. ;)

melissaamberko 07-03-2007 05:28 PM

My service provider recommended checking for a software upgrade. I reinstalled (after backing up all stored information) and that solved the problem.

John Clark 07-03-2007 06:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by melissaamberko (Post 588315)
My service provider recommended checking for a software upgrade. I reinstalled (after backing up all stored information) and that solved the problem.

I'll be surprised if it's really fixed. It's done that for as long as I can remember. It normally happens if you send a message immediately after one has come in without moving the cursor or opening BBMessenger.

Lex Luthor 07-04-2007 12:00 AM

I had the same issue with my Pearl and my 8800 regardless of what OS I was using so I turned of the LED alert for BlackBerry Messenger and leave it off on my Curve also.