BlackBerry Forums Support Community

BlackBerry Forums Support Community (http://www.blackberryforums.com/index.php)
-   General PlayBook Discussion (http://www.blackberryforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=149)
-   -   Browser & Word Proccesing (http://www.blackberryforums.com/showthread.php?t=264006)

NoBox 04-06-2013 09:42 AM

Browser & Word Proccesing

Is there a browser I can install that is superior to the factory original?
Is there a word processor I can install that is superior to the factory DocstoGo?

dc/dc 04-06-2013 12:14 PM

Re: Browser & Word Proccesing

Nope.

daphne 04-06-2013 01:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NoBox (Post 1801824)
Is there a browser I can install that is superior to the factory original?
Is there a word processor I can install that is superior to the factory DocstoGo?

There are several 3rd party browsers in BlackBerry World - you can search for them there. Whether or not they are superior is a matter of opinion.

You can check out Smart Office - there is a free verion and paid version. Some reviews say it is better. Again, probably opinion.

daphne 04-06-2013 01:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dc/dc (Post 1801835)
Nope.

How do you know? Have you looked at reviews in BlackBerry World on the PB? :razz:

dc/dc 04-06-2013 02:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by daphne (Post 1801845)
How do you know? Have you looked at reviews in BlackBerry World on the PB? :razz:

I've tried several browsers and they're not better, and the word processing on any device will never compare to Microsoft Office.

daphne 04-07-2013 02:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dc/dc (Post 1801850)
I've tried several browsers and they're not better, and the word processing on any device will never compare to Microsoft Office.

The Surface Pro runs the full version of Office.

dc/dc 04-07-2013 03:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by daphne (Post 1801881)
The Surface Pro runs the full version of Office.

You and I both know that's not even in the same league as a PlayBook. :smile:

daphne 04-07-2013 08:12 PM

Actually there are some nice features on the PlayBook that the Surface Pro doesn't have-and I wish it had. But the Surface is more like a PC than a tablet.

dc/dc 04-08-2013 08:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by daphne (Post 1801899)
Actually there are some nice features on the PlayBook that the Surface Pro doesn't have-and I wish it had. But the Surface is more like a PC than a tablet.

Exactly.

NoBox 04-08-2013 01:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by daphne (Post 1801899)

Not "just like" a PC. It is a PC and is marketed as such. It fits with the product lines of a couple other companies. From my limited experience with it the one feature it needs to be really competitive is longer battery life. But, that is a common problem with many current devices.

The lines between Smartphone, Tablet and PC have become very blurred with the new offerings.

Bacchus15 05-14-2013 06:35 PM

So far i've tested Maxthon browser and Dolphin...not impress!

ZombieBerry 05-15-2013 07:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bacchus15 (Post 1803538)
So far i've tested Maxthon browser and Dolphin...not impress!

I have always liked Dolphin. Easy to use and lots of features. Never even heard of Maxthon though.

Bacchus15 05-15-2013 07:10 PM

Maybe i'm just unlucky, it does have lots of feature, just like a would expect of a browser, but foe me the first boot was painful and after that it keeps freezing.

I just went on appworld and search for "browser". Maxthon on PC is based on internet explorer, i was surprise to find a version for playbook.