BlackBerry Forums Support Community

BlackBerry Forums Support Community (http://www.blackberryforums.com/index.php)
-   General 9700 Series Discussion - Bold 2 (http://www.blackberryforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=135)
-   -   Liquid Damage: Blackberry 9700 - GTA Repair facilities? (http://www.blackberryforums.com/showthread.php?t=217468)

omkhar 01-21-2010 03:32 PM

Liquid Damage: Blackberry 9700 - GTA Repair facilities?

I accidentally spilled tea on my BlackBerry this am. On the assumption that it doesn't come back to life (not looking good currently) is anyone aware of repair shops that might take a look at this in the Greater Toronto Area?

JSanders 01-21-2010 03:39 PM

Montreal, in case you don't find a good one in Toronto.

Contact Us : HorizonWirelessOnline.com - Horizon Wireless, The World’s Cellular Repair Center ß

JSanders 01-21-2010 03:41 PM

And, you really really should read this first:

Got Your BlackBerry Wet? - BlackBerryFAQ

Note, 4-5 days drying time with NO battery inserted AT ALL.

Anything less is a gamble.

omkhar 01-21-2010 03:47 PM

Cheers JSanders... 4-5 days will be tough, but definately worth NOT paying $500+ for a new one

JSanders 01-21-2010 03:48 PM

99% chance of it working again, if you keep the battery out, and be patient.
I've done a few.

Time + no electricty + box of rice = success.

Raptor464 01-21-2010 03:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JSanders (Post 1551751)
Time + no electricty + box of rice = success.

Also equals dinner :)

Tomo1971 01-21-2010 04:27 PM

Wirelessly posted

I spilt tea on my Panasonic Toughbook a while back... What did I do? Got a bottle of water and rinsed the tea off so it didn't make the keyboard sticky, lol... Haha. Good luck dude, fingers crossed for you.

JSanders 01-21-2010 04:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Raptor464 (Post 1551753)
Also equals dinner :)

Why do you think one of the major brands of rice is named Success?

Jagga 01-23-2010 10:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JSanders (Post 1551742)
And, you really really should read this first:

Got Your BlackBerry Wet? - BlackBerryFAQ

Note, 4-5 days drying time with NO battery inserted AT ALL.

Anything less is a gamble.

Excellent suggestion! Ah the times of water dipped PDA's back in the day.

mccube 02-24-2010 12:56 PM

I always go to a mall near pacific mall (i live in markham) to get my phone fixed, cuz the service over there is very good, and the diagnostic is free.lotz of my friends go there if they have any questions and problems.the name is* toronto repair*. I am not affiliated with this store so please don't take this as advertising. their price is much lower than other store---i guess becuase of the low rental fee and they dun need to hire technician. i dun like to go to pmall, cuz lots of scamers there---they always tell u that ur phone here is borken and there is broken, and ask for more money.
the technician is very nice and patient. i got my case and screen protector for free with the repair.they are in a mall called splendid china tower. I am not affiliated with this store so please don't take this as advertising. You can check the price first and decide if you wanna go or not. good luck!!
***due to somebody thought im spamer, i deleted the website, if u need it, u can msg me.***

JSanders 02-24-2010 01:32 PM

Smells like spam, looks like spam, tastes like spam, quacks like spam -- why would I think it is anything other than spam?

Since your chosen place "dun need to hire technician", what do they use? Untrained skater kidz? Monkeys?

mccube 02-24-2010 02:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JSanders (Post 1570615)
Smells like spam, looks like spam, tastes like spam, quacks like spam -- why would I think it is anything other than spam?

Since your chosen place "dun need to hire technician", what do they use? Untrained skater kidz? Monkeys?

sorry, i think u r too sensitive. so i deleted their website.
the owner is a 10 years experience technician, did i explain clearly to u ? i just wanna bb users know there is a good service store that provides cheaper price than the stores in downtown, i dun understand y u r so sensitive. :-(

JSanders 02-24-2010 02:19 PM

I'm sensitive in that we get maybe 15-20 "scamers" and spammers on the board here -- daily.

And they are 99% of the first time posters. And most of them speak in broken English.

So, I was "profiling" your post merely by what you posted and how you posted it. Now you know why I and we are so sensitive.

Thanks for removing the links.

kingkronik 02-26-2010 04:49 PM

@OP

You can go to Bongowireless (Welcome to Bongo Wireless) at WHY7 & Woodbine...they have an onsite technician and can perform water damage repair. Ask for Kevin =)

G16aByT3 02-28-2010 09:35 AM

I accidentally dropped my 8800 in the toilet. :x I had to get rubber gloves to pick it up. :-( However, I took the battery out and waited a week and everything was working like a charm.. But I ended up giving it to someone I didn't like right after that and upgraded to Curve. ;-)

G

miakica 02-28-2010 10:12 AM

I used these before 1 Hour Toronto Repairs: Blackberry, iPhone, Palm Treo, HTC, iPaq, Axim, PSP, PDA's, Laptops & Computers
They are right on Front st. I was there to repair a USB port on my 8830, but there was a guy there who dropped his iPhone in the tub...and they fixed it on the spot