BlackBerry Forums Support Community

BlackBerry Forums Support Community (http://www.blackberryforums.com/index.php)
-   General 9000 Series Discussion - Bold (http://www.blackberryforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=106)
-   -   I think my Bold is defective... (http://www.blackberryforums.com/showthread.php?t=206835)

tamazoid 10-10-2009 06:02 PM

I think my Bold is defective...

Hi,

I believe my Bold is defective now. Usually when I think my phone is running a little slow or low in memory, I would do a reset or battery pull. But lately after I do it, my Bold will not load up. It would show a blank white screen! Now I've been reading around and it would seem to work again if I leave the battery out for a few hours. But it's only a temporary fix. The problem would come back again after a while. Sometimes even during the same day...

I've tried wiping my device with the jl_cmder program and reloading the OS back on numerous times. And it doesn't seem to fix ther problem. I've tried running the minimum amount of apps and everything... I never had this problem with more apps installed before. I don't know if it's my memory card. I still have a gig free from a 4gb card.

So what do you guys think my problem is? Thanks!

Dubdub 10-10-2009 06:23 PM

Remove the SD card. Do a battery pull and see if that fixes it.

tamazoid 10-10-2009 06:44 PM

It's not acting up right now. It only does it when the phone is getting slow or low in memory. I'll try again when my phone gets slow. But I don't see why it would be my SD card if it is the problem. I only have music and pictures on it...

ifonline 10-10-2009 07:19 PM

It's just one of many possible steps to troubleshooting. It may not be the memory card, but eliminating that as the cause means you can move on to something else to check.

tamazoid 10-12-2009 01:46 AM

Ok, it happened again... I removed the memory card, and it's still does the same thing. When I put my battery back in, all I see is a blank white screen... There's no busy clock icon. If I see the busy clock icon, it usually mean it's going to work for me.

miamirulz29 10-12-2009 07:03 PM

Try wiping with Jl-cmder. If that does not work, leave the battery out for 24-48 hours.

tamazoid 10-12-2009 07:59 PM

I've tried wiping the device many time. And it's only a temporary fix... The problem will eventually come back.

I don't understand why it would start doing this now? Is it because it's old? I've had it since it first came out back in Aug 08...

I've never left the battery out for more that 24 hours... Does this actually fix the problem? Or am I better off trying to get a new Blackberry.

tamazoid 10-17-2009 08:49 PM

Ok, the problem came back again... I'm going to leave the battery out for 48 hours. See if that does anything.

tamazoid 10-19-2009 01:03 AM

I couldn't wait for 48 hours without using my Bold... But I did wait over 24 hours. And it still doesn't work... Does anyone have anymore suggestions for me?

So far I've tried:

1. Wiping the device with JL_CMDER and installing the OS - No luck. Only works for a little bit, and the problem with eventually come back

2. Doing a battery pull without the SD card inserted - No luck

3. Left the battery out for over 24 hours - No luck

Akito 10-22-2009 03:33 PM

I had the same issue, but luckily it was still under warranty. I had it replaced with a newer unit (refurb from RIM)
Tried all the same things that you did, and it was hit and miss whether I could get it up and going. I also bought mine when the units first came out (second day they were available last year)

TTsoldier 10-22-2009 03:36 PM

Did you all try loading the latest official and/or leaked OS?

tamazoid 10-22-2009 10:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Akito (Post 1493336)
I had the same issue, but luckily it was still under warranty. I had it replaced with a newer unit (refurb from RIM)
Tried all the same things that you did, and it was hit and miss whether I could get it up and going. I also bought mine when the units first came out (second day they were available last year)

Lucky you got a new one! Mine's out of warranty already... So my choices are pretty slims since I'm stuck with the same unit. Maybe I'll just wait for the Bold2 when it comes out. But not being with Blackberry sucks!

tamazoid 10-22-2009 10:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TTsoldier (Post 1493340)
Did you all try loading the latest official and/or leaked OS?

I'm using the official .303 OS... I've never loaded leaked OS's onto my Bold. I called Rogers technical support and they suggested I use the official Rogers OS which is .282...

Now this wouldn't make a difference would it?

miamirulz29 10-22-2009 10:48 PM

Nah, wouldn't make a difference. Have you left the battery out for 48 hours?

tamazoid 10-26-2009 07:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by miamirulz29 (Post 1493500)
Nah, wouldn't make a difference. Have you left the battery out for 48 hours?

No, I haven't left the battery out for 48 hours... But I have done it for over 24 hours... There is no change to it. I'll try leaving it for 48 hours hours now.

The weird thing is, is that my phone can still receive calls! I just can't see a thing. My screen is all white!

SamBerry 10-30-2009 06:46 PM

Oh dear

I know someone who died of that.

tamazoid 11-07-2009 08:37 AM

Ok, so it seems to work well again...

The way I ended up fixing it was by leaving the batter out for around 48 hours. And then I formatted my mini sd card. And wiped the device and reloaded the OS. After trying many different methods of fixing my Bold, this one seem to keep working the longest so far!

Jeevo 11-13-2009 09:02 AM

I keep having to take the battery out of my bold too :(

Not that often though, but it does get annoying. It happens sometimes when I have to send a text, to send it I have to take the battery out and put it in again!

atmarosi 11-13-2009 12:54 PM

I just went through the same thing - my bold got a white screen of death out the blue during a reboot. Tried all the different methods out there about bringing a nuked BB out of it; but nothing worked. Ended up doing an insurance call with ATT as it's out of warranty. 125$ later - i have a nice BRAND NEW 9000; not a refurb :)

miguel_john1975 12-03-2009 01:11 AM

so its getting verry common to have the blackberry 9000 to have the following deffects?

"white screen to death" white screen
dead phone
easy to drain battery
auto booth (reboot unexpectedly)

:cry: