BlackBerry Forums Support Community

BlackBerry Forums Support Community (http://www.blackberryforums.com/index.php)
-   Beta You Than Me (http://www.blackberryforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=118)
-   -   5.0.0.190 was leaked for the Bold/Curve, who has it? (http://www.blackberryforums.com/showthread.php?t=202152)

NoahFecks 08-26-2009 01:33 PM

I don't use Facebook so I don't know who created the app, just assumed it was a 3rd party app since afaik RIM has nothing to do with FB.

Regardless, I don't think they're too concerned with the app at this stage when they're trying to put together a stable OS, the app should be the least of their concerns.

ifonline 08-26-2009 01:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NoahFecks (Post 1459359)
Regardless, I don't think they're too concerned with the app at this stage when they're trying to put together a stable OS, the app should be the least of their concerns.

This I agree with.

NJBlackBerry 08-26-2009 01:34 PM

Never assume...

purephase 08-26-2009 02:12 PM

I'll miss BBM5 but it wasn't critical, 4.7 will work fine. I've never used FB.

All that aside, this is a substantially better build than .130. The threaded SMS is nice, radio connectivity is a lot more reliable (so far).

I was very close to downgrading .130 so I'm happy this was leaked. Still wish they would update Wallet to work with 5 though. ;)

OVERKILL 08-26-2009 02:58 PM

Installing this now. We'll see how it goes.

djransom 08-26-2009 03:03 PM

I'm diggin the fast browser as well as the threaded SMS. Not really missing the FB app as I can access via the browser, but Twitter works so I'm good. Hopefully this goes gold soon and is released.

aceroller 08-26-2009 06:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by djransom (Post 1459445)
I'm diggin the fast browser as well as the threaded SMS. Not really missing the FB app as I can access via the browser, but Twitter works so I'm good. Hopefully this goes gold soon and is released.

Do you get the BB browser with this release. On prior releases of 5.0 there was only Media Net and Hotspot browser for AT&T customers, with no real good fix. Thanks.

z32tt 08-26-2009 07:26 PM

Facebook was deleted when I installed the .190, but app world was also deleted and when I try to reinstall it, the download site says the version is not compatable. Anyone else have this problem? Could I reinstall it from a zip file offline (via desktop manager?)

Shaun 08-26-2009 10:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NoahFecks (Post 1459270)
BBM5 will not work with this build, as it uses a 5.2 platform. No leaked builds of BBM5 will work on anything above a 5.1 platform.

Interesting... Sith_Apprentice has mentioned that he has BBM5, VVM, and Threaded SMS all working in his last test of a hybrid OS he is working on that is based on 5.0.0.190 build.

raja_3012 08-26-2009 10:38 PM

I installed 5.0.0.190 on my 8900.. I recommend installing this in your devices.. the interface is completely redone and is just awesome for a BlackBerry...

For TMO users who do not have myFaves.. I recommend removing the below cod files before installing the OS.
net_rim_tmo_five.cod
net_rim_tmo_five_lib.cod
net_rim_tmo_mobile_backup.cod
net_rim_tmo_mobile_backup_app.cod
net_rim_tmo_audio_postcard.cod
net_rim_tmo_audio_postcard_library.cod
net_rim_tmo_enabler.cod
net_rim_tmo_enabler_lib.cod

"net_rim_tmo_enabler" if installed... keeps up running in the background and sometimes pops with a run time exception... I have not been able to find out the reason for that.. so I decided removing it from the installation lib...

Almost all my 3rd party apps are working fine except for QuickPull.. I have BBWeather, Google maps, Google mobile app, Wifi File Transfer, Docs to go premium, Peek a boo, Vision for YouTube, Bank of America app, BerryBuzz, Aerize Alerts, BBLight, CallsBlocker, GPSLogger, BB File Scout.

Recommended.. I am just loving the interface !!!

Dinan3 08-26-2009 10:58 PM

I'm having problems with the music player. Music plays fine, but will not automatically play the next track on the playlist; it will read, but no sound. The only way to play the next track is to return back to the list and manually select a track. Is anyone else experiencing this?

raja_3012 08-26-2009 11:14 PM

I tested this scenario on my 8900 and the Music player works just fine.. the player starts playing the next song automatically at the end of the current song... In fact I find the music quality better in 5.0.0.190 as compared to 5.0.0.100. Till now things look good with .190..

I wish I could write personalized integration test cases after each OS load.. something like automation scripts for my 8900.

I am now having high hopes about OS 5.0.. If this is what .190 brings to the world, then I am sure RIM is going to give us more wonderful and satisfying days going forward.

Keep it up guys@RIM.

Dinan3 08-26-2009 11:41 PM

Thanks raja...i guess i'll have to do a re-install and hope for the best.

OVERKILL 08-27-2009 12:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shaun (Post 1459688)
Interesting... Sith_Apprentice has mentioned that he has BBM5, VVM, and Threaded SMS all working in his last test of a hybrid OS he is working on that is based on 5.0.0.190 build.

Yup, my 5.0.0.8 BBM no longer shows up on this build, even though it is installed.

quillhill 08-27-2009 01:28 AM

Loading up now ... guess it's not so sad that I went back to BBM 4.7. I am quite interested in threaded texting, however.

Not stressed about Facebook since I have Social Scope now. Let's see how custom themes play with this new beta.

Should be fun. :)

callcom 08-27-2009 11:02 AM

Install didn't go smoothly (locked up during T-Mobile initialization screen). Did a battery pull, OS loaded successfully, but my other apps failed to load. Needless to say, spent a good hour reprogramming the fine details (to my personal preferences). OS seems very stable, no problems so far, big improvement over 4.6.x.x OS (just missing a couple of the core programs), otherwise would give it 5 stars!
Note:
During setup, I changed the default font size to 9 (instead of 8). Noticed that the LCD digital clock is much larger (better appearance), than in previous OS. Don't know if this is attributed to the font size change or just an improvement of OS 5.0

hotburnttoast 08-27-2009 11:05 AM

I love this build, only issue I have is on the home screen my carrier name and the day and date are in such a small font its hard to read, however when I lock the keyboard it returns to the regular size, when I unlock the keyboard it returns to the small font. Anybody have any ideas??:x

dellington 08-27-2009 11:23 AM

5.0.0.190 & Viigo

Installed OS yesterday, everything fine except in Viigo I cannot scroll down through a post without changing to page view the display will just flicker but will not scroll lower than the initial screen display. Already removed and reinstalled viigo to no avail. Anyone else having this issue or has a work around?

Thanks

quillhill 08-27-2009 02:30 PM

So far, so good. Very snappy OS. Considerably less memory leak. Custom themes seem to play well with it so far. Loving the threaded texting. One thing I like that I noticed is the clock function when setting appointments has been tweaked. It's much sleeker looking and let's you pick in minute intervals versus 15 minute intervals. So you could set an appointment for 9:03 a.m. if you wanted to. Heh. But I have a doctor's appointment tomorrow at 9:10 a.m. so it's cool to be able to do that. :)
MediaNet browser, at least, loaded up lightning fast. It was crazy. Haven't noticed much else yet but I am sure I will as I play with it more.
Here's hoping this one remains stable since it seems to be a fairly solid build thus far.

jimmyh 08-27-2009 02:32 PM

I loaded .190 last night--terrific---BBM5 does work well with this program....at least it does on my phone.....the only problem I've had was for a short while this morning my phone kept rebooting....have no idea what that was all about but it's fine now.....I do not have VVM working because i was told it would not work with 5.0 OS