BlackBerry Forums Support Community

BlackBerry Forums Support Community (http://www.blackberryforums.com/index.php)
-   BlackBerry Help (http://www.blackberryforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=156)
-   -   can't dial neither USSD codes / nor GSM codes on my BB Storm 9530 (http://www.blackberryforums.com/showthread.php?t=247244)

gsimoly 04-07-2011 03:52 PM

can't dial neither USSD codes / nor GSM codes on my BB Storm 9530

Hi all! I have issues with my blackberry Storm 9530 GSM / CDMA. FOR THIS MOMENT , I'm using the gsm Network but, I m not able to dial neither USSD codes / nor GSM codes; for example when I dial *120# SEND to check my balance, or #21# SEND to disable call forwarding, it goes like a call and the TAPE tells me that "NUMBER DOESN'T EXIST" . Can anybody tell me please how I can fix this issue??? Thanks in advance!

Dubdub 04-07-2011 04:20 PM

Re: can't dial neither USSD codes / nor GSM codes on my BB Storm 9530

Those numbers are usually carrier specific. Are they the correct ones for your carrier?

gsimoly 04-09-2011 10:52 PM

of course they are! The device supposed to show me a short msg like ""Your balance is..."" instead of dialing the number like I was making call. I don't know if it's because of the CDMA system or how can I fix it?

THANKS!
GSIMOLY

rambo47 04-09-2011 11:50 PM

Some carriers block Short Code SMS messages. If you call them they will enable it on your account. Sprint does this because so many scam billing schemes come this way. Users suddenly get a $10 recurring monthly charge because they "opted in" on one of these schemes without even realizing what was happening, all because they answered a harmless looking text message. Then Sprint fields a bunch of angry calls to customer service, asking what the heck such-and-such charge is for.

famba 05-06-2011 06:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rambo47 (Post 1713564)
Some carriers block Short Code SMS messages. If you call them they will enable it on your account. Sprint does this because so many scam billing schemes come this way. Users suddenly get a $10 recurring monthly charge because they "opted in" on one of these schemes without even realizing what was happening, all because they answered a harmless looking text message. Then Sprint fields a bunch of angry calls to customer service, asking what the heck such-and-such charge is for.

hello u mean no other way coz i have my 9630 same problem i cant check balance

rambo47 05-06-2011 08:06 AM

If the carrier has short code sms disabled, there is no way to use it other than calling them and having it enabled. Sprint now blocks it by default and you have to specifically call in and request it.

duanedtp 06-15-2011 11:06 PM

I saw this on another forum and hey it worked strangely enough.

1st - Make an ordinary call to a USSD code WITHOUT the * and # e.g 120
(the annoying lady should say its an invalid number), don't hang up.

2nd - While that call is in progress, enter your preferred USSD code e.g *120# and wahlah,it works:smile: