BlackBerry Forums Support Community

BlackBerry Forums Support Community (http://www.blackberryforums.com/index.php)
-   General BlackBerry Discussion (http://www.blackberryforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Why Blackberry over iPhone ? (http://www.blackberryforums.com/showthread.php?t=201066)

Bust3rboi 08-16-2009 03:07 AM

Why Blackberry over iPhone ?

Hey guys , im an iphone user but im not trying to stir up something . Just wanted to know , why did you choose the BlackberryBold over the iPhone . I've done careful research before purchasing the iPhone and found that the iphone(imo) totally surpass almost everything the blackberry can do .

Other than better email support and battery life , may i know why you chose the BBb over the iPhone ? No flames please. Keep it clean .

JW021979 08-16-2009 05:18 AM

Because I could afford a Blackberry whereas the iPhone was alot more expensive. I got my Bold for free on a £30 a month tariff on 18 month contract. To get an iPhone for free at the moment I would have to spend £45 a month and get a 24 month tariff. Also atbthe time of buying my Blackberry Bold it had several things that the iPhone didnt that I wanted including video recording and MMS (this was a year ago).

MidnightDraven 08-16-2009 05:36 AM

I would have had to change networks to get an iphone.
I like the network Im on.
When getting my Bold, (8 months ago) the iphone still didnt have MMS.
I prefer the physical keyboard.
I didnt want to pay a ridiculas amount of money.

jflipper 08-16-2009 06:10 AM

Phone reception is alot better then an iphone. the iphone expierences alot more dropped calls.

penguin3107 08-16-2009 06:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bust3rboi (Post 1452172)
I've done careful research before purchasing the iPhone and found that the iphone(imo) totally surpass almost everything the blackberry can do

Excellent!
Why even bother with this thread then? Your choice should be obvious.

Nikon1 08-16-2009 06:16 AM

I don't like a touch screen: I have an iTouch and using the touch keyboard just doesn't work for me. Physical keyboard is much more desirable. Also, security on the iPhone is almost non-existent: RIM's security keeps me sleeping at night.

Bust3rboi 08-16-2009 06:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by penguin3107 (Post 1452203)
Excellent!
Why even bother with this thread then? Your choice should be obvious.

Yeah it is, thats exactly why i bought myself an iphone . But some of my friends telling me i should have gotten the blackberry instead . None could tell me why though lol. So i thought asking the ones with one would get me better response.

Quote:

Phone reception is alot better then an iphone. the iphone expierences alot more dropped calls.
Hmm, this is quite true. Been experiencing this a little.

More response please ^^

roofus 08-16-2009 06:32 AM

Difficult Choice

I own both devices. They are both excellent!

You must ask yourself what you are buying the device for. The BB is far better for email, SMS, IM and PINning (which the iphone can't do at all.) It is also better for typing and text entry, so if you plan to enter do a lot of data and information entry on the device . . . choose the BB.

The iphone on the other hand is better for surfing and retrieving information from the web and 3rd party apps. It is better for gaming etc. If you are primarily gathering information choose the iphone.

Both devices are good phones. In a nutshell, it is easier to get info into the BB and it is easier to get info off the iphone ;-)

Do you want a phone that is communication device or a handheld computer?

In any event you will probably regret your choice ;-)

If you are on a GSM network, buy both and switch back and forth 8-)

duane534 08-16-2009 07:36 AM

I think that, had the iPhone 3G-S arrived at the same time as the Bold, this story would look much different. However, nothing can negate the fact that, when the Bold was released, the current-gen iPhone could not MMS, could not copy-and-paste, etc., while the BlackBerry cost less and could.

zerog46 08-16-2009 07:42 AM

Security and Email.

ezrunner 08-16-2009 09:03 AM

Wirelessly posted (overwhelmingly stressed)

I like the BB been using for years. Stability,security and it does what I need it to do and more!
Plus this fantastic support community. I'm sure iphone has one somewhere
Physical keyboard is a plus ability to replace my battery and facilitate most repairs with out manufacturers help is a plus as well

nobody7290 08-16-2009 11:48 AM

Blackberry has:
Wireless Backup, Does use less bandwidth and money, real keyboard, tight integration with exchange server, VPN to home network, better remote management, keyboard shortcuts, autotext, SD-Card support, multitasking.

The blackberry is the office remotely in your hand, the iPhone is a nice entertainer.

The iphone is getting better for every release, but its still far away from what the Blackberry offers.

jeremyckitching 08-16-2009 11:52 AM

Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry Curve 8900)

With the BlackBerry being my first smartphone, I feel that some brand loyalty plays in to my keeping the device. More so, however, is that I feel I don't need to change as the BlackBerry fills my current needs. It is available on my network (T-Mobile), it is stable, able to natively multi-task and has good battery life. I am also a fan of the physical keypad at this time. My media needs are met by the default media player and camera. So the BlackBerry works great for what I need.

jbairdjr 08-16-2009 12:30 PM

I have a Storm and an Ipod Touch. The touch can do everything the Iphone can do (except camera and phone). I find that typing on the touch is harder to do than on my Storm. I also find myself using my Storm more and more for all of my media playing. The screen is great, and it plays all sorts of video and audio. With Blackberry media sync, I get all the music from my Itunes account.
Plus, I must be honest, ATT sucks as a network here in Nebraska, so they are a non-option. Maybe when the Iphone comes to Verizon, we may see more adopted, but I'll stick with Blackberry. Email is the best hands down, and I like the company a whole lot better than Apple.

rambo47 08-16-2009 03:27 PM

Because I send 30-50 emails per day, plus some text messages and MMS messages, the physical keypad on the BlackBerry is reason enough to skip the iPhone. And I'm the biggest Mac fan you're likely to find. I have a PowerMac desktop computer (typing on it now), several PowerBooks, a MacBook, Apple TV, TimeCapsule, about a gazillion iPods, and sundry other Apple products. But the virtual keypad on the iPhone makes it a total non-starter for me.

If your focus is email-based communication, BlackBerry has no equal.

Assassin 08-16-2009 03:53 PM

Physical keyboard FTW!

Stale Pancake 08-16-2009 05:43 PM

I had the iPhone as well. I switched to the Blackberry. I like the BES with Exchange much more than Active Sync with Exchange. In fact, I have had several Active Sync devices and once in a while, it ain't so active. BES has had almost no issues. It has had maybe 1 in the year.

I get a lot of email, and for some reason it would drain the iPhone's battery by about 4:00PM. I think it has to do with the attachments. Either way, the Blackberry lasts easily for 2 days without a charge even under heavy email volume. Plus I can easily swap the battery if I want to. Can't do that on the iPhone.

Beyond that, the Tour, has a great keyboard. I have spell check, not just that predictive spelling on the iPhone. I'd rather have spell check. And we have an Auto text feature, which I think is awesome. You can create custom words that get traded for words or even whole paragraphs of text. I have two signatures as a result. If I type "name" or "pname" it adds signatures I have set in auto text. If I type "ikll" it changes it to "I'll". Autotext is a very cool feature.

I also love how the Blackberry has an indicator light on the phone. If that's blinking, you have email. On the iPhone, I have to actually check the phone, rather than just glancing at the Blackberry.

The Blackberry is smart about the holster too. It knows when it is in the holster. It knows that it should vibrate now that it is in the holster. When I take it out, it knows it is out. It knows I can't feel a vibration and it is audible. It's a very smart device. RIM really thought it out well.

As for music, video, we have Media Sync which syncs iTunes with the Blackberry. Anything not protected will work fine. All my music, playlists are on my Blackberry Tour. If I have a video podcast, I can just drag and drop it to the blackberry and watch it there. No problem at all.

The Blackberry with OS 4.7 has a real file system too. I can get an attachment in email. It could even be a zip file. I can unzip it, read and perhaps edit the content, create a new email, attach those items and send them back out. If I want to, I can re-compress them with zip again and send that out.

We have a camera, so we can take photos, videos, upload them to facebook or send then via MMS.

Essentially we have many of the same features, but I happen to like the Blackberry software more. It's more on the professional side I think. iPhone is a fun device, but the Blackberry is thoughtfully executed. I found myself unhappy with the iPhone.

It's personal things that really will decide it for you. Getting my email very quickly is actually pretty darn important to me. I often have a lot of money riding on my getting emails as they arrive in. Not ten minutes later, or in some cases with Active Sync, over 2 hours later.

I make commissions and my clients expect to hear from me. I'm also an investor with several alerts that arrive via email. Getting those alerts late can actually cost me a lot of money. So I need the most reliable device available. And that's the Blackberry. I don't think anyone can make the case that the iPhone is more reliable. Or that the iPhone's active sync is better or faster than BES on the Blackberry.

It seems fairly clear that the iPhone wanted to be a consumer device from the start. But that Apple later decided to try to retro-fit it as a business friendly device. However, it really does not meet that class of quality. Having to carry a battery charger around with you in case the battery dies is simply not going to work for me. And if I get a lot of 1 ~ 5 MB emails I can't accept that the phone can't handle it without the battery going south before the business day has even concluded.

Some features the iPhone recently got that used to really make me dislike it even more. There is finally cut and paste, so that's a plus. You still can't run an app in the background, which is sort of cheesy. We can run IM in the background all day and night and it doesn't do a thing to the battery.

One more thing about the iPhone I dislike is that when you do type, you lose half the screen to the keyboard. My Tour has 480 x 360 display. And that's with full use of a keyboard. How much screen real estate do you imagine you have while the keyboard is showing? Barely anything right? I still have my 480 x 360. And that means I can truly work in excel or docs in Documents 2 Go. If I am typing messages, I can still see much of the text. It's easy to scroll that text up & down too. Editing is super easy on the Blackberry. And I get to spell check it all.

I just see the Blackberry as well made and thought out product. I don't feel the same can be said for the iPhone. I think what can be said for the iPhone is that it is slick and cool. But I need more than fancy looking phones.

tsac 08-16-2009 06:22 PM

Buy the BB for work and the IPod Touch /Gen2 with the OS3 and you can have everything you need.

Stale Pancake 08-16-2009 06:34 PM

Not even a fan the iPod Touch. Which I also owned. Actually, it's pretty cool as long as you are not an audible book fan. The way it shows chapters not good. Best device I ever owned for audible content is the Creative Zen Moziac. But the Zune is pretty good, too.

Actually the regular iPods do a better job with Audible. Not in terms of sound quality. Specifically in how it shows your location in the book.

I'm actually interested in that new Zune HD myself. I'd switch to the Zune except that managing music on the Tour is made easy via that playlist function in Media Sync, which works with iTunes, not Zune. If RIM made it "Marketplace" aware, I think I would ditch iTunes. It feels extremely bloated on the PC. I am sure it's awesome on the Mac, but on the PC, it's not a good application.

Sorry, don't mean to be so down on Apple. Nothing against them at all.

daphne 08-16-2009 09:00 PM

I had a BlackBerry before there was ever an iPhone. Like someone else said, I like my carrier and do not want to switch. I also prefer the keyboard and am not really interested in a touch screen, although the Storm 2 is looking mighty attractive. But the biggest thing I appreciate about the BlackBerry is security. The iPhone is a great toy, great eye candy, but I would not pick it over the BlackBerry.

360Modworkz 08-16-2009 10:28 PM

From what I've seen, the Bold is extremely faster, I've used the BlackBerry Bold and the iPhone 3G and 3GS on my plan. I could never do as much in a set time with the iPhone(s) that I can with my Bold. I can send a message to someone in Qatar (which I did today) and he would receive it within two seconds. Check my location. The systems open and close within milliseconds, applications have no delay time what-so-ever, this is not true in my experiences with the iPhone(s). The iPhone seems to have trouble running itself, much less all the applications that it struggles to keep alive.

But, I've also always preferred a true keyboard and the general mature mentality that RIM and most BlackBerry models provide. I've found the iPhone to be a little to much of a hyped joke. But that's just me. The above paragraph is as non-biased as I can make it, this one isn't. ;)

Anything else?

Joe

evilp8ntballer7 08-16-2009 11:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by roofus (Post 1452210)

You must ask yourself what you are buying the device for. The BB is far better for email, SMS, IM and PINning (which the iphone can't do at all.) It is also better for typing and text entry, so if you plan to enter do a lot of data and information entry on the device . . . choose the BB.

The iphone on the other hand is better for surfing and retrieving information from the web and 3rd party apps. It is better for gaming etc. If you are primarily gathering information choose the iphone.

Both devices are good phones. In a nutshell, it is easier to get info into the BB and it is easier to get info off the iphone ;-)

haha finally someone that is in the same situation as me! I figure why put down another device and just get both! I got an 8900 and iphone 1st gen and I switch about every week its great being able to do that with just the sim card

BerryMotion 08-16-2009 11:14 PM

I had the BB 8830 for 2 years, then last year i got the itch to buy the iphone 3G, used it for 3 days at most, then went back to my BB, now i have an iphone sitting here collecting dust!!

The iphone is a great phone, but its not like the BB, the BB is a "Real Life" PHONE, efficient, ect...the iphone is more of a nice gadget to go online with ect...

Since then i've also bought the BB tour and love it!!!

sir2545 08-17-2009 01:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nikon1 (Post 1452204)
I don't like a touch screen: I have an iTouch and using the touch keyboard just doesn't work for me. Physical keyboard is much more desirable. Also, security on the iPhone is almost non-existent: RIM's security keeps me sleeping at night.

I agree, I had an Iphone myself (switched from a Verizon 8330) and I only had it a few months and I was missing my keyboard. I text a lot and to have the physical keyboard is a must for big texters. Plus you can have multiple apps running at the same time, and the mms thing is a big deal also. I still have my Iphone, I use it as an Ipod but generally speaking, after the novelty wears off, any Berry user would prolly wanna switch back. (IMO)

missin44 08-17-2009 09:36 AM

I use Verizon which I like. If or when the iPhone is offered from Verizon I'll make the switch. This also assumes BB continues to lag behind the iPhones touch screen and intuitiveness.

rambo47 08-17-2009 09:40 AM

If your focus is YouTube, you can't bet much better than the iPhone. I think if comes down to entertainment vs. business-grade communications. It bears repeating that there is no "right" choice, just what works best for you.

monkeypaw 08-17-2009 11:50 AM

UMA (Only on Tmobile)
Keyboard
Email
I can unlock it and use a foreign sim when I travel

Trimix 08-17-2009 10:44 PM

^^ and user replaceable battery.

nobody7290 08-18-2009 02:41 AM

One killer reason not to buy a blackberry:
If you only have a Macintosh and have no exchange server + BES Server, you should not buy a Mac, if you want to sync more then just email:
It simply does not work for a more then trivial setup, regardless if you use the software delivered by RIM or some third party addon.

I hope, the long awaited blackberry software for Macintosh will fix this.

rambo47 08-18-2009 11:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nobody7290 (Post 1453482)
One killer reason not to buy a blackberry:
If you only have a Macintosh and have no exchange server + BES Server, you should not buy a Mac, if you want to sync more then just email:
It simply does not work for a more then trivial setup, regardless if you use the software delivered by RIM or some third party addon.

I hope, the long awaited blackberry software for Macintosh will fix this.

New Macs (Intel-based) have been problematic with all BlackBerry solutions. On my PowerMac (DP G4), however, I have had no trouble syncing a Curve, Bold, and Tour through PocketMac. YMMV. :smile:

nobody7290 08-18-2009 12:12 PM

Dont know, if this is an intel vs. PowerPC problem, but:
There is no application which can sync notes,
Syncing with entourage is a pain (regardless if you use missing sync or pocket mac)
If you have more then 1500 entries in your macs addressbok, it refuses to sync. same thing happens with appointments. Sync is terrible slow.

With a BB and BIS service only email is synced OTA.
With iphone + mobile me you have mail + contact sync.

I use a mac for 99% of my work, but, my blackberry is running over a BES connected to exchange, the mac also is connected to echange. This works reliable and simple.
Still no contacts on the Mac, but this might change with the arrival of 10.6. I never would use an iPhone. There are so many small pints which make the BB more productive then an iPhone.

But if I had a Mac without my exchange server I would use an iPhone, because syncing contacts & appointmens with cable is too much hassle on the MacOS (btw, if you use a windows machine with mozilla based products, it does not look better on windows, might even be worse)
This is not the fault of OSX, but the lack of support from RIM for this platform.
However blackberry DM for the mac is only days away from release.

Stale Pancake 08-18-2009 01:11 PM

Apple just never had a true Exchange client, other than Watson on System 9. Entourage is just a web connected client and not a true Outlook replacement. However, I read some where that Microsoft is going to release a true Outlook client for the Mac. And RIM is releasing a true Desktop Manager for OSX. So the Mac should be okay sometime around 2010.

I've always preferred email on the PC for this reason. Outlook with Exchange and the RIM with BES is best in class in my humble opinion.

demon jumez 08-22-2009 11:31 AM

Hi everyone, im new to the forum as I have an interest in the Blackberry.

I currently own a 16GB iphone with O2 and to be honest I think that the Iphone is a load of hype. Dont get me wrong, the broweser is great and the email is ok as well and has a nice clear screen. However, after having the phone for sometime now wish i just got an ipod touch.

I am going to be cancelling my contract with O2 ealy as the service in central london is rubbish and used to be with vodafone and had no problems.

I find it fustrating sometimes when sending text and not to bothered about taking pics on it as I have a camera for that.

So I have decided to go for a Blackberry Bold as I love the keyboard and email on the go.

Iphone = HYPE

Stale Pancake 08-22-2009 11:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by demon jumez (Post 1456339)
Hi everyone, im new to the forum as I have an interest in the Blackberry.

I currently own a 16GB iphone with O2 and to be honest I think that the Iphone is a load of hype. Dont get me wrong, the broweser is great and the email is ok as well and has a nice clear screen. However, after having the phone for sometime now wish i just got an ipod touch.

I am going to be cancelling my contract with O2 ealy as the service in central london is rubbish and used to be with vodafone and had no problems.

I find it fustrating sometimes when sending text and not to bothered about taking pics on it as I have a camera for that.

So I have decided to go for a Blackberry Bold as I love the keyboard and email on the go.

Iphone = HYPE

Arn't you then staying with the same provider which you just described as rubbish then? Does Vodophone offer a Tour? The Tour really should be looked at before you buy the Bold. It's similiar, but has higher screen resolution, a lot more memory space, and if you can get it on the carrier of your choice I would think that would be better for you.

Just a suggestion.

kurichan 08-22-2009 11:51 AM

If you want to get real work done, get a Blackberry with a keyboard. You also have carrier choice, meaning not having to deal with AT&T's horrible, overcrowded network and calls dropping all the time.

If you want a casual device for calls, casual texting, cute apps, web browsing, killing time, watching YouTube videos and an occasional e-mail get the iPhone.

My $0.02.

Johntippy 08-22-2009 12:53 PM

I used a BB Bold for over a year and loved it! Upgraded in March to the 9500 storm and even changed network and its crap! The network is great but the phone is just dire. It wont talk to outlook and it wont even allow me toi use the desktop manager....WHY? Cos RIM BB dont talk via Vista...how bloody stupid is that. Vista is now becoming old hat and its replacement is imminent but RIM BB can not yet talk to Vista so I have found to my businesses expense. So the BB is going and I got an I-phone which works just fantastic!
I-phone without fail...I just use the storm now to see and send email as the i-phone is not great at that!

carlvdh 08-23-2009 03:00 PM

I was an iPhone user since they came out back a couple years ago and I just recently made the switch to a blackberry bold 9000 and I really like it. I'm more of the business user on the go type person and trust me the blackberry delivers amazingly. The only thing that I don't like about the blackberry is how complicated syncing and all that stuff is like getting updates on blackberry is a pain in the butt along with if you want to add music. Kind of frustrates me sometimes. Other than that I love my blackberry.

Stale Pancake 08-23-2009 03:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by carlvdh (Post 1456985)
I was an iPhone user since they came out back a couple years ago and I just recently made the switch to a blackberry bold 9000 and I really like it. I'm more of the business user on the go type person and trust me the blackberry delivers amazingly. The only thing that I don't like about the blackberry is how complicated syncing and all that stuff is like getting updates on blackberry is a pain in the butt along with if you want to add music. Kind of frustrates me sometimes. Other than that I love my blackberry.

The easy way to deal with music is to use the Media Sync. You can then use iTunes and just sync all music + playlists. Very simple to do. The desktop Manager is easist for us BES users. At that point, we only need it to load an app that isn't available OTA. I rarely use the DM at all.

You can get a hosted exchange account if you don't have on already. In my humble opinion, it's a whole lot better with it.

MikeLip 08-24-2009 05:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stale Pancake (Post 1456988)
The easy way to deal with music is to use the Media Sync. You can then use iTunes and just sync all music + playlists. Very simple to do. The desktop Manager is easist for us BES users. At that point, we only need it to load an app that isn't available OTA. I rarely use the DM at all.

You can get a hosted exchange account if you don't have on already. In my humble opinion, it's a whole lot better with it.

Oh heck - I just rip the music using Windows media player. Then I drag and drop it to the music directory on my SD card. Takes seconds to do, and it is organized by album.

Stale Pancake 08-24-2009 07:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MikeLip (Post 1457274)
Oh heck - I just rip the music using Windows media player. Then I drag and drop it to the music directory on my SD card. Takes seconds to do, and it is organized by album.

That does work great so long as you don't mind making playlists on the device itself. I have playlists that are automatically updated daily.

iJon 08-24-2009 01:58 PM

I'm founding this topic really helpful since I have an iPhone 3G and I was thinking in upgrading to the BB or the iPhone 3Gs.... Since the 3Gs is extremely expensive in the damn country I'm currently at, I was thinking the BB.... Basically I'm searching for excuses to buy the BB.... eheh xD
The physical keyboard is the major excuse, feels really good to have that.... Than the push emails is sounding pretty damn good as well :P keep adding excuses for me please :P eheh

Best regards
Jon

Stale Pancake 08-24-2009 08:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by iJon (Post 1457645)
I'm founding this topic really helpful since I have an iPhone 3G and I was thinking in upgrading to the BB or the iPhone 3Gs.... Since the 3Gs is extremely expensive in the damn country I'm currently at, I was thinking the BB.... Basically I'm searching for excuses to buy the BB.... eheh xD
The physical keyboard is the major excuse, feels really good to have that.... Than the push emails is sounding pretty damn good as well :P keep adding excuses for me please :P eheh

Best regards
Jon

If you get a Hosted Exchange service, which I very highly recommend, I think you'll really grow to love it. I just love the whole concept of not syncing. Because it is all done OTA. I have 259 contacts. Various businesses, partners, indirect clients, regular clients, etc. I enter those and a few seconds later they are in my blackberry.

I broke a crown and had to go to the dentist. A few times at that. I was at the dentist and had a follow up. I quickly entered the new appointment in my blackberry. Now it's in Exchange. Others can see I am busy, and when, pretty much instantly. Because it is all OTA.

I think for busy professionals, that work together with others and need immediate access to ever changing data, there is just no equal.

I had 3 major projects I was working on. Emails became reminders, which show up in my tasks, and thus my blackberry. I just don't know how I would be able to stay sane without this. I tried to do all this on the iPhone. Tasks and Memo sync wasn't there. 3rd party was slightly complicated.

I swear, RIM ought to follow me around for a day. I'd make a great commercial for this. I have been in so many almost unbelievable situations in which my Blackberry saves me. And I know if I feel this way, others are likely pushing it much further than I am.

My only worry is that I know we're all different. I have a friend who swears by the Sidekick. I have quite a few friends that tell me why the iPhone is great, but their reasons for me are all pointless and not at all what drives me.

Give it a try. You'll either love it or not.

miakica 08-25-2009 02:30 PM

I said it before....

If you want a toy, get an iPhone....

If you want a tool, get a BlackBerry....

Cheers

ntsczar 09-16-2009 07:49 AM

how does that work on ATT

Quote:

Originally Posted by roofus (Post 1452210)

I am a die hard BB user, but my son just got an itouch. It is pretty cool. I have the option to get an iphone real cheap and wanted to try it out. But I don't want to give up my BB. Is there any problem switching sims and still being able to browse with either device without extra costs (over my standard bb data plan)?

ntsczar 09-16-2009 07:58 AM

Using Both, which data plan

Quote:

Originally Posted by evilp8ntballer7 (Post 1452735)
haha finally someone that is in the same situation as me! I figure why put down another device and just get both! I got an 8900 and iphone 1st gen and I switch about every week its great being able to do that with just the sim card

I have a BB on ATT with the unlimited plan. Thinking of getting an Iphone just for kicks and weekends. How does it work switching the sim and being able to use the data without extra charges.